War on Terror
High quality essays written by experts on the War on Terror are presented. Essays discuss the rationale for the war on terror, criticisms of the war, and the difficulty of ensuring that the war does not become a war against Islam. Significant events and turning points in the war are also provided.
The War on Terror feeding frenzy.
The article reflects on the vast discrepancy between the terrorist threat facing America and the scale of the people's response.
Here is Rumsfeld's memo-- read it without the media's spin.
Fort Worth Business Press
No abstract available.
Truth is first casualty of war.
Comments on the campaign strategies of the United States government against terrorism. Issues on the truthfulness of information propagated by the...
Support for the War on Terrorism.
Officer Review Magazine
The article presents a government resolution concerning the support for the War on Terrorism in the U.S.
Paying for Terrorism Losses: A Cross-Country Comparison
Examines how different countries subject to varying terrorist threats and acts have marshaled resources to pay for losses. Nature of terrorism...
On the Issue of Terrorism, or Two Sides of the Same Coin
Russian Politics & Law
Comments on issues related to terrorism. Diversity on the manifestations of terrorism; Motives of terrorism; Emergence of terrorist groups.
Introduction to the Special Issue on Terrorism
Journal of Adult Development
The article discusses various topics addressed within the issue including one on terrorists and terrorism and another on how to manage and reduce...
Algeria's most radical armed group
Christian Science Monitor
Informs about the threatening given by the most dreaded militant outfit of Algeria to bomb key establishments and buildings in France, as reported on...
Terrorism 'More Lethal But Less Frequent'
Aviation Week & Space Technology
Assesses the patterns of global terrorism. Support of Iran on terrorist group; Indications on the use of Iran for Al Qaeda operations; Allegation on...
New York Times Upfront
This article reports that 20,000 average number of names are added to the F.B.I.'s terrorist watch list every month.
Terrorism in the United States, 10 years later
Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley
The author reflects on the effects of terrorism in the U.S. have resulted in putting a swift campaign to identify and eliminate terrorist at the top...
Chapter 2 -- Country Reports: Europe and Eurasia Overview
Country Reports on Terrorism
The article provides an overview of the threat posed by terrorism to Europe and Eurasia in 2007. European countries continued to improve their...
Sinn Fein could win the peace
Discusses the difficulty of joining the political process or moving into the super-terrorism arena facing the terrorist movement, Irish Republican...
Rewrite the book on combating terrorism
Christian Science Monitor
Presents the view that the United States must rethink methods of preventing terrorism and bringing terrorists to justice.
FACING THE AXIS OF EVIL?
Focuses on the Lebanese Hizbullah terrorist organization. Accusations at the sponsorship of Iran to terrorism by the U.S. State Department;...
AL QAEDA: The Latin American Connection
The article focuses on increase in terrorism in Latin America. The lawless tri-border region between Brazil, Argentina and Paraguay is under new...
THE PHILOSOPHY OF TERRORISM
Discusses the philosophy of terrorism. Definition of terrorism; Reasons why businesses have become targets of terrorists; Several categories of...
Discusses the persistence of the fundamentalist Muslim terrorist group Al Qaeda group. Group's undiminished intention to strike at its enemies;...
Appendix A: Chronology of Significant Terrorist Incidents
Patterns of Global Terrorism
A chronology of terrorist incidents in support to articles that appeared in the April 1, 1999 issue of the publication "Patterns of Global Terrorism...
Appendix B: Background Information on Terrorist Groups
Patterns of Global Terrorism
A variety of background information on terrorist groups in support to articles that appeared in the April 1, 1999 issue of the publication "Patterns...
War on Terror Articles A-Z
- 'War'--the handy roar for every chore
- 500 Days: Secrets and Lies in the Terror Wars
- 9/11 before and after: The dilemma of a 'justified' agenda
- A COLD WAR-STYLE CONFLICT
- A COLDER WAR
- A Just Cause, Not a Just War
- A Mission for Today's Generation
- A new world focus on Central Asian states
- A TIME OF TESTING: SPECIAL REPORT
- A VERY OLD KIND OF WAR
- A War on Terror: Afghanistan and After (Book)
- A War on Terror: Afghanistan and After
- Account of the Early Phases of the Afghan War
- Adult Books: NONFICTION
- Africa and the War on Terror
- Africa and the War on Terrorism
- After 11 years of hell, Guantanamo must close
- American Ally: Tony Blair and the War on Terror
- Americans at War
- An Alternative to Preventive War
- ANTIDIPLOMACY: SPIES, TERROR, SPEED, AND WAR
- Are We Really at War?
- Attack would breed terrorism, bishop says
- BIO TERRORISM
- BRAIN BUSTERS
- Breaking the Silence: Truth and Lies in the War on Terror
- Budget for Global War on Terror Operations: Fiscal Years 2001-2007
- Bush is from Mars; Jihadists are from Venus
- Can the War on Terrorism Be Won?
- Cold War/War on Terror
- Communicative Skills Instructors Deserve Recognition
- Coping With War and Terrorism Anxiety
- Counter-Terrorism and State Political Violence: The "War on Terror" as Terror
- Counterinsurgency Techniques Revisited
- DEBATING THE WAR ON TERRORISM
- Democracy and America's War on Terror, by Robert L. Ivie
- Democracy and America's War on Terror
- DIRTY WAR
- Divine retribution
- Doing Their Own Things
- Don't oversell an 'idea war.'
- Drawing a Bead on Terrorism
- DRAWING BOARD
- Editor's Introduction
- Ending the "War on Terror."
- European Editorialists Question Whether War On Terrorism Should Be Expanded to Iraq
- Evaluating the War on Terror
- Exorcising Hobbes
- Fear's Empire: War, Terrorism, and Democracy (Book)
- Flying Armed
- Foreword by Noam Chomsky
- Future War, Right Now
- Get the President's attention with no excuses draft policy
- Good News from Iraq
- History Ignored
- Home-Court Advantage
- How much the war on terrorism is costing financially
- How To Win A Cosmic War
- How Wars Are Won (Book)
- HOW WARS ARE WON (Book)
- How Wars are Won. The Thirteen Rules of War From Ancient Greece to the War on Terror (Book)
- How Wars Are Won: The 13 Rules of War from Ancient Greece to the War on Terror
- HOW WARS ARE WON: The 13 Rules of War from Ancient Greece to the War on Terrorism (book)
- Immigration Policy/The War on Terror
- IMPERIAL HUBRIS: Why the West Is Losing the War on Terror (Book)
- IMPERIAL HUBRIS: WHY THE WEST IS LOSING THE WAR ON TERROR
- Imperial Hubris: Why the West Is Losing the War on Terror
- Indefensible Internment
- It Was a Nightmare that Now Came True
- It's a new day for US allies, too
- JEFFERSON'S WAR: America's First War on Terror 1801-1805
- Just War on Terror
- Just war: psychology and terrorism
- Knowing the Enemy: Jihadist Ideology and the War on Terror
- Lessons from drug war: It takes time, allies
- LETTERS to the editor
- Managing Exposure in the New Age of Terrorism
- Manufacturing Terrorists
- Media Wars: News at a Time of Terror (Book)
- Misunderstanding terrorism
- MOWW Homeland Security Committee: Project 4 Chapter Speakers Bureaus
- News IQ
- No End to War: Terrorism in the Twenty-First Century (Book)
- Not enough boots on the ground to really combat terrorism
- Now you see it, now you don't
- Off the Press
- Old Glory: American War Poems from the Revolutionary War to the War on Terror (Book)
- Old Glory: American War Poems from the Revolutionary War to the War on Terror
- Old Glory: American War Poems from the Revolutionary War to the War on Terrorism
- On the Ethics of War and Terrorism
- On this day…
- Order of Battle
- POKING THE HORNETS' NEST IS ILL-ADVISED
- PTs and the War on Terrorism
- Rallying 'round the flag
- REAL CONSERVATISM
- Rethinking the Iraq Critics
- Review of Gareau, State Terrorism and the United States
- Revisiting U.S. Foreign Policy
- SACRED CAUSES: THE CLASH OF RELIGION AND POLITICS, FROM THE GREAT WAR TO THE WAR ON TERROR
- Sacred Causes: The Clash of Religion and Politics, From the Great War to the War on Terror
- Saviors and Survivors: Darfur, Politics, and the War on Terror
- SECURITY/AL QAEDA'S INTENT
- SECURITY/U.S. HUBRIS
- Shocked and Awed: A Dictionary of the War on Terror
- South of us we see a nation of true fortitude and clear purpose
- Stop America's costlest war
- Taking a Tough Look at Terror
- Terror and Tolerance: A Review of Leaving Without Losing: The War on Terror After Iraq and Afghanistan
- Terror on the Chesapeake (Book Review)
- Terror on the Chesapeake (Book)
- TERRORISM and the Economy: How the War On Terror Is Bankrupting the World
- Terrorism and the Ethics of War
- Terrorism and the War Crisis
- TERRORISM, AFGHANISTAN, AND AMERICA'S NEW WAY OF WAR (Book)
- Terrorism, Afghanistan, and America's New Way of War (Book)
- Terrorism: Causes, Threats, Prospects
- Terrorized by 'War on Terror': How a Three-Word Mantra Has Undermined America
- The Ambiguity of "Megaterrorism" (Book)
- The battle begins at home
- the City
- The cosmic dilemma
- THE CRISIS OF ISLAM: HOLY WAR AND UNHOLY TERROR (Book)
- The Cross Still Stands
- THE ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM: FOREWORD: TORTURE AND THE WAR ON TERROR
- The Expert (Book)
- The Financial War on Terrorism
- The First War on Terrorism: Counter-terrorism Policy During the Reagan Administration (Book)
- THE FOG OF WAR
- THE FOREVER WAR
- The Global War on Terrorism A Regional Approach to Coordination
- The Great Terror War
- The jelly-copter
- The Media and the War on Terrorism (Book)
- The New Fall Lineup
- The phoney war on terror and the real crisis
- The Roots of Terrorism
- The Roots of War and Terror
- THE TERROR FACTORY Inside the FBI's Manufactured War on Terrorism
- The Terror Factory: Inside the FBI's Manufactured War on Terrorism
- The Terror Network (Book)
- The Terror Network: The Secret War of International Terrorism
- THE TERROR NETWORK: THE SECRET WAR OF INTERNATIONAL TERRORISM
- The Terror: Civil War in the French Revolution
- The Violence of God and the War on Terror
- The War Against Iraq (Book)
- The War Against Terrorism (Book)
- THE WAR AGAINST TERRORISM
- The War on Terror
- The war on terrorism (Book)
- The War on Terrorism and the Terror of God (Book)
- The War on Terrorism in Central Asia and the Cause of Democratic Reform
- The War on Terrorism
- The War on Terrorism: The First Year
- Treason: Liberal Treachery from the Cold War to the War on Terrorism (Book)
- TREASON: Liberal Treachery from the Cold War to the War on Terrorism
- Treaty actions
- Uncertain Trumpet
- UNHOLY WAR (Book)
- Unholy War (Book)
- Unholy War: Terror in the Name of Islam
- Unholy Wars (Book)
- War & Diplomacy: From World War I to the War on Terrorism
- War and Decision: Inside the Pentagon at the Dawn of the War on Terrorism
- War could make the terrorist threat worse
- War of the worlds
- War on Terror, Phase Two
- Wars of Choice, Wars of Necessity
- Wartime and Family Time
- WHAT A WAR AGAINST TERRORISM REALLY MEANS
- WHAT THE WAR ON TERRORISM ISN'T ABOUT
- What Went Wrong
- What's your definition of terrorism?
- Whose Divine Right?
- Whose War Is This?
- Winning the Real War on Terrorism
- Winning the Un-War: A New Strategy for the War on Terrorism
- World steeped in fear, but Jesus says, �Be not afraid�
- Writing the War on Terrorism: Language, Politics and Counter-Terrorism
- WRITING THE WAR ON TERRORISM: Language, Politics and Counter-Terrorism