High quality essays written by experts on immigration laws are presented. Essays discuss the history of immigration laws in the U.S., current debates related to immigration, and an overview of the debate over existing illegal immigrants living in the U.S.
Becoming an AMERICAN CITIZEN: NATURALIZATION.
World Almanac for Kids
No abstract available.
No fruits, no shirts, no service.
Looks at the argument by anti-immigration activists that immigrants take away jobs from Americans. Typical jobs of immigrants; Possible consequences...
Proving the right to work in UK.
Caterer & Hotelkeeper
The article highlights the importance of verifying credentials and documents of emigrant employees who want to work in Great Britain. Nationals of...
Selected Current Books.
Lists several books published in the February 15, 1922 issue of the periodical "The New Republic." "The Immigrant Press and its Control," by Robert E...
Immigration: The Sleeping Time Bomb
USA Today Magazine
Comments on the socio-economic and political impact of immigration. Popularity of the issue of restricting immigration in Europe; Reasons for the...
Immigration in Harness
Presents a letter to the editor about a policy of moderate restriction on immigration.
Australia Tightens Immigration Rules in Wake of Attacks
India -- West
The article reports on the changes in the Australian immigration rule, restricting the lower skilled students.
Some immigrants wrongly turned away
H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks
Reports the denial admission of Medicaid coverage to legal immigrants. Restrictions to legal immigrants; Role of the Congress on the said problem.
SO NEAR YET SO FAR AWAY: THE EFFECT OF SEPTEMBER 11TH ON MEXICAN IMMIGRANTS IN THE UNITED STATES
Texas Hispanic Journal of Law & Policy
Examines the effects of the September 11 terrorist attack on Mexican immigrants in the U.S. Restrictions for immigrants; Detention of hundreds of...
Should citizens, legal immigrants, and illegal aliens receive different benefits?
Comments on the proposal to limit the entry of and entitlements to immigrants in the United States. Existence of prohibitions on illegal immigration...
Immigration policy for a post-industrial economy
Focuses on the persistence of tension between proponents of increasing and restricting immigration to the United States. Historical image of the...
Immigration spurs debate on Capitol Hill
Focuses on US Congress' consideration of immigration-related proposals that could affect schools. Restriction of immigrants' access to federal...
Population & Environment
Argues for restricting immigration in the United States. Immigration Reform Act of 1986's inefficiency in reducing illegal immigration; Political...
Liberalized immigration as free trade: Economic welfare and the optimal immigration policy
University of Pennsylvania Law Review
Suggests that the immigration restrictions in the United States bear little resemblance to those that would maximize either national or global...
ILLEGALS? NOT IN THESE TOWNS
This article discusses local legislation in the U.S. regarding immigration. As the U.S. Congress continues to debate the issue of immigration,...
Restriction to end?
Reports on the announcement made by Robert Andras, minister of manpower and immigration in Ottawa, Ontario regarding putting an end to restrictions...
Open the gates
Opinion. Argues for continued, rather than restricted immigration into the United States, particularly for immigrants from Hong Kong, citing...
Immigration announcement set
San Diego Business Journal
Reports that Senator Spencer Abraham, Representative for Michigan, will be making an announcement at the offices of Cypress Semiconductor Corporation...
Our Immigration Problem
The author comments on the immigration situation in the U.S. According to the author, people have contrasting views regarding the issue of...
A Western Haven
The author opposes the proposed restriction of U.S. immigration. She believes that restricting immigration violates the principles of the...
Immigration Restrictions Articles A-Z
- 'HE DOESN'T MANAGE MANAGERS.'
- `Interest convergence' and the liberalization of discriminatory immigration and naturalization
- A Western Haven
- Acerca del Informe sobre desarrollo humano 2009, del Programa de las Naciones Unidas para el Desarrollo
- America's Immigration Restriction Policy
- AMERICA'S INCOHERENT IMMIGRATION SYSTEM
- Anti-Immigrant Arizona: Ripple Effects and Mixed Immigration Status Households under ï¿½Policies of Attritionï¿½ Considered
- As economies weaken, even Europe may get tougher on illegals
- Asian immigration effects debated
- Australia Tightens Immigration Rules in Wake of Attacks
- Ayn Rand Was an Illegal Immigrant
- Begging in Bulgaria or benefits in Belgravia?
- Beyond Open or Closed Borders
- Border policies: time to try again
- Bordering on Softer Stance
- Borders and Blessings: Reflections on the National Immigration Crisis from the Arizona Desert
- BRAZIL BECOMES AN IMMIGRATION DESTINATION
- California GOP Still Shuns Immigration Issue
- Call of the Foreign Legion
- Canada's changing immigration program
- Changes to Chinese visas would give inbound market huge boost
- CHAPTER 1: Immigration Then and Now
- Chapter 3: A Brief History of Immigration to North America
- Chapter 3: Immigrating to North America
- Chapter 3: Immigration to North America
- Chapter 3: Leaving the Homeland
- Chapter 3: The Century of the Tiger
- Closing the door, a little
- Cold Shoulder
- Coming to Connecticut: Immigrants in the Land of Unsteady Habits
- Congress poised to slow turnstiles on immigration
- Coping With the Crackdown
- Counterpoint: The New Zealand Government Should Limit Immigration
- Counterterrorism experts say new immigration controls not much help
- Coyote ugly: the deadweight cost of rent seeking for immigration policy
- Cubaâ€™s Next Flood Of Immigrants Arrives
- Cutting through the red tape
- Dalai Lama for Tibetan autonomy, not Han expulsion
- Deferrals could keep 18,000 in Iowa
- Did You Know?
- Disease, Deformity, and Defiance: Writing the Language of Immigration Law and the Eugenics Movement on the Immigrant Body
- Dutch minister warns that illegal immigrants must receive care
- Easter Island
- EDITOR'S PAGE
- EDITORâ€™S NOTE
- Election Bait
- Ellis Island a welcome site? Only after years of reform
- Embrace Entrepreneurial Immigrants
- Employer Enforcement of Immigration Law after Section Eight of the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996
- Endogenous Immigration Policy and Trade Liberalization
- Family based immigration: A Mirage in the Desert
- Farmers left out of feds' debate on immigration reform
- Feds Target Immigrant Stores
- First Things First
- Flap over legal immigration is all in the family
- Forty percent of Vancouver's population will be Chinese by year 2000
- From Pluribus to Unum
- Gangs of the United States and the European Union: Developments in Immigration Restrictions
- Germany: We're watching situation of Ukrainian Jews
- Get Immigration Right
- Global Protection and the Health Impact of Migration Interception
- Green grows the immigration debate
- Healing the Wound
- Health Coverage for Immigrants The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation November 2004
- HEAVY HAND OF THE STATE
- House allows state control of illegal immigrant education
- House passes immigration reform and Gallegly bill, Senate nixes moves on appointees, travelgate,
- House strips immigration restrictions
- Huddled excesses
- Ideologues using immigrants to symbolize countercultural values create more public opposition to
- ILLEGALS? NOT IN THESE TOWNS
- Immigrant workers can help tech force
- Immigrants must speak English, say Britons
- Immigration Act of 1921
- Immigration and National Security: Comparing the US and Europe
- IMMIGRATION AND OUR FOREIGN POLICY OBJECTIVES
- Immigration and the American future
- Immigration and the Brahmins
- Immigration and the election
- IMMIGRATION AND THE EMPLOYMENT OF AFRICAN AMERICAN WORKERS
- Immigration announcement set
- Immigration as Viewed by the Foreign Language Press
- Immigration Challenges: Exploring the Options
- Immigration crackdown
- Immigration in Harness
- Immigration in Perspective
- Immigration legislation hurts kids
- Immigration must be better managed
- IMMIGRATION POLICIES IN THE EUROPEAN UNION
- Immigration policy for a post-industrial economy
- Immigration questionnaire
- Immigration reform is not 'comprehensive' unless it includes equality for LGBT couples
- Immigration Restrictions: An Overview
- Immigration spurs debate on Capitol Hill
- Immigration Timeline
- Immigration: R.I.P.?
- Immigration: The Sleeping Time Bomb
- India : Impact of US Legislation on Indian IT Companies
- Institutionalist Perspectives on Immigration Policy
- Ireland's population hemorrhage
- Is Restriction a Labor Handicap to Industry? Pro
- Is There a Right to Immigrate?
- Japanese Brazilian style
- Keep Up the Bars!
- Keep Up the Bars
- Legislation clamps entitlement of immigrant workers
- Less Immigration, For Immigrants
- Lewis Silkin, Malik Law and Landmark act as Supreme Court crushes UK immigration policy
- Liberalized immigration as free trade: Economic welfare and the optimal immigration policy
- Local immigrant community praises Giuliani on No.187
- Major puts chance of UK leaving EU at 50 per cent
- Medicaid restrictions on legal immigrants are a bad idea
- Moving about
- Moving on
- Nation of Immigrants
- Nationalism, Immigration Control, and the Ethnoracial Remapping of America in the 1920s
- New Immigration Policy
- No influx of migrant workers from Romania and Bulgaria
- No welcome mat, no workers
- Obama and McCain on immigration reform
- On the Political Economy of Low Skilled Immigration and the Welfare State
- Open and Shut -- Immigration to the U.S
- Open the gates
- Our Immigration Problem
- Point: Immigration Restrictions Must Be Enforced
- Point: New Zealand Should Be More Open & Welcoming to Immigrants
- Population Growth
- PRESERVING AN ENTREPRENEURIAL AMERICA: HOW RESTRICTIVE IMMIGRATION POLICIES STIFLE THE CREATION AND GROWTH OF STARTUPS AND SMALL BUSINESSES
- PUTTING OUT THE UNWELCOME MAT
- Race, Radicalism, Religion, and Restriction: Immigration in the Pacific Northwest, 1890-1924
- Researchers rage at tightened restrictions on US immigration
- Restriction to end?
- Rethinking refugee law
- Rewriting the Rules
- Romanians tripled --just sleeping rough in London have months after borders opened
- Room to Spare
- Ruiz v. Robinson: Stemming the U.S. Citizen Casualties in the War of Attrition Against Undocumented Immigrants
- Russian analysts: immigrants, guest workers fertile ground for radical Islamism
- Serving America's newcomers
- Should citizens, legal immigrants, and illegal aliens receive different benefits?
- Shutting the golden door
- SO NEAR YET SO FAR AWAY: THE EFFECT OF SEPTEMBER 11TH ON MEXICAN IMMIGRANTS IN THE UNITED STATES
- SOME CULTURAL ASPECTS OF IMMIGRATION: ITS IMPACT, ESPECIALLY ON OUR ARTS AND SCIENCES
- Some immigrants wrongly turned away
- SOMEWHERE OVER THE RAINBOW?: AFRICAN AMERICANS, UNAUTHORIZED MEXICAN IMMIGRATION, AND COALITION BUILDING
- State-Level Political Context and Immigrant Homeownership in the USA
- Statement on 1997 appropriations for the Immigration and Naturalization Service
- Straight to the POINT
- Sufferings of Jewish Emigrants to America in Transit Through Germany
- Swing to the Left
- Texas bishops call for health care for immigrants
- THE CLOSING DOOR
- The Crisis of the Human Waste Disposal Industry
- The Effectiveness of South Africa's Immigration Policy for Addressing Skills Shortages
- The Evolution of Immigration Standards
- The Global Raiders: Nationalism, Globalization and the South African Brain Drain
- THE IMMIGRATION CRISIS
- The Immigration Question
- The Immigration Restriction Wall
- THE IMPACT OF MASS MIGRATION ON THE ISRAELI LABOR MARKET
- THE LITERACY TEST AND ITS MAKING
- THE NETHERLANDS IMMIGRANTS BEWARE
- The Open Door Is Swinging Shut
- THE POLITICS OF HATE
- The Restriction/Open Door Debate
- THE SCUM OF EUROPE
- THERE ARE TOO MANY MIGRANTS
- Tightened immigration law could hurt business
- Tightening the United States Immigration Laws in the 21st Century
- Too Many Immigrants?
- Toward Acceptance of Asians
- Toward Equity and Access: Removing Legal Barriers To Health Insurance Coverage for Immigrants
- Transformar a los inmigrantes en nacionales: el caso de Estados Unidos
- Trouble for Aliens
- U.S. Immigration Policy and Immigrant Children's Well-being: The Impact of Policy Shifts
- U.S. SUPREME COURT AFFIRMS DEPORTATION ORDER UNDER IIRIRA OVER OBJECTIONS THAT PETITIONER'S ILLEGAL RE-ENTRY OF U. S. TOOK PLACE BEFORE EFFECTIVE DATE OF STATUTE
- Uncle Sam's Turnstile
- Unfunded mandate law gets a test
- Urban Clusters
- WELFARE BILL RESTRICTS MEDICAID COVERAGE
- Welfare reform advocates look to Senate
- WHEN DOES DISSENT BECOME TREACHERY?
- When They Need Help the Most
- Who Can Come
- Why Enforcement Matters
- WHY SHOULD WE RESTRICT IMMIGRATION?
- Why Silicon Valley Expat Entrepreneurs Return Home
- Would Increased Immigration Benefit Business? Pro