Citations with the tag: STREET Gangs (Book)
Results 1 - 12
McBroom, K.M. // Book Report; Mar/Apr92, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p56
Reviews the book `Street Gangs: Gaining Turf, Losing Ground.'
- Book review: Junior high up.
Richmond, Gail // School Library Journal; Mar95, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p226
Reviews the book `Street Gangs,' by Paul Almonte & Theresa Desmond and illustrated by Jim Kirschman, part of the Update Series.
- STREET GANGS: Gaining Turf, Losing Ground (Book).
Forman, Jack // School Library Journal; Dec91, Vol. 37 Issue 12, p146
Reviews the book `Street Gangs: Gaining Turf, Losing Ground.`.
- Coping with Street Gangs (Book).
Osborn, Anne // School Library Journal; Oct90, Vol. 36 Issue 10, p149
Reviews the book `Coping with Street Gangs,` by Margaret Webb.
- Street Gangs (Book).
Betz-Zall, Jonathan R.; Gerhardt, Lillian N. // School Library Journal; Jan84, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p86
Reviews the book 'Street Gangs,' by Sandra Gardner.
- Young Thugs: Inside the Dangerous World of Canadian Street Gangs.
Kett, Andrew // Quill & Quire; Jul/Aug2007, Vol. 73 Issue 6, p60
The article reviews the book "Young Thugs: Inside the Dangerous World of Canadian Street Gangs," by Michael C. Chettleburgh.
- Street Gang.
Kett, Andrew // New Yorker; 3/2/2009, Vol. 85 Issue 3, p71
The article reviews the book "Street Gang," by Michael Davis.
- Also new and of note.
Kett, Andrew // Fort Worth Business Press; 5/19/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 19, Special section p25
The article reviews the books "My Gidding Street Gang," by B. B. Sherman, and "It Takes a Worried Man," by Phil Vinson.
- Gangsters Without Borders: An Ethnography of a Salvadoran Street Gang By T.W. Ward Oxford University Press. 2013. 230 pages. $19.95 paperHomies and Hermanos: Gods and Gangs in Central America By Robert Brenneman Oxford University Press. 2012. 294 ...
Stoll, David // Social Forces; Jun2013, Vol. 91 Issue 4, p1549
The article reviews the books "Gangsters Without Borders: An Ethnography of a Salvadoran Street Gang," by T.W. Ward and Homies and Hermanos: Gods and Gangs in Central America," by Robert Brenneman.
- "INDIANS WEAR RED" Colonialism, Resistance and Aboriginal Street Gangs.
MARSHALL, SHELLEY C. // Canadian Dimension; Jan/Feb2015, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p51
No abstract available.
- Awards, elections, expensive planes and cheap gas.
MARSHALL, SHELLEY C. // CCPA Monitor; Jun2014, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p6
The article reports announces that the book "Indians Wear Red: Colonialism, Resistance and Aboriginal Street Gangs" by Elizabeth Comack, Lawrence Deane and colleagues had received the Alexander Kennedy Isbister Award for nonfiction. It states the commentary from Ontario office of the nonprofit...
- Territories of Violence: State, Marginal Youth, and Public Security in Honduras/AdiÃ³s NiÃ±o: The Gangs of Guatemala City and the Politics of Death/The Rule of Law in Central America: Citizens ' Reactions to Crime and Punishment...
Wolf, Sonja // European Review of Latin American & Caribbean Studies (Igitur, U; Apr2014, Vol. 96, p127
No abstract available.