Citations with the tag: LITTORAL zone
Results 1 - 50
- High beta diversity of fishes in vegetated littoral zones of floodplain lakes in the CuiabÃ¡ River Basin, northern Pantanal, Brazil.
Florentino, Alexandro Cezar; Penha, Jerry // Hydrobiologia; Aug2011, Vol. 671 Issue 1, p137
This study evaluated whether the alpha and beta diversity of fishes in vegetated littoral zones of floodplain lakes in the Pantanal are randomly distributed on three different spatial scales: within the lake, among lakes, and between regions. Three alternative hypotheses were contrasted: (1)...
- Book review.
Tobias, Carl // Boston College Environmental Affairs Law Review; Spring95, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p693
Reviews the book `Losing the Littoral Zone: Alongshore,' by John Stilgoe.
- OcorrÃªncia de anormalidades morfolÃ³gicas externas em caranguejos marinhos (Decapoda, Brachyura) no litoral norte do Estado de SÃ±o Paulo.
Fransozo, Adilson; Teixeira, Gustavo Monteiro; De Rocco Gomes, Rafael; Silva, José Carlos; Bolla Junior, Eduardo Antonio // Acta Scientiarum: Biological Sciences; 2012, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p101
Deformidades e anormalidades em crustÃ¡ceos tÃªm sido associadas a fatores genÃ©ticos, problemas ocorridos durante a muda, danos causados por ectobiontes, predadores ou estresse ambiental causado por produtos quÃmicos. EspÃ©cimes de caranguejos coletados no litoral de SÃ£o Paulo...
- littoral zone.
GARISCH, DAWN // New Coin Poetry; Dec2013, Vol. 49 Issue 2, p34
The poem "littoral zone," by Dawn Garisch is presented. First Line: this bed a makeshift raft adrift incessant wash; Last Line: the mark where I might end &you begin.
- INDIA'S EXPEDITIONARY JOURNEY.
Goldrick, James // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings; Mar2013, Vol. 139 Issue 3, p30
The article focuses on the Indian navy. It states that after independence of the country in 1947 the navy was made priority only in times of crisis and the navy used to get frustrated by the fact that the government paid attention to threat over land from Pakistan. It mentions that the navy...
- Vertical Distribution of Epibenthic Freshwater Cyanobacterial Synechococcus spp. Strains Depends on Their Ability for Photoprotection.
Lohscheider, Jens N.; Strittmatter, Martina; Küpper, Hendrik; Adamska, Iwona // PLoS ONE; 2011, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p1
Background: Epibenthic cyanobacteria often grow in environments where the fluctuation of light intensity and quality is extreme and frequent. Different strategies have been developed to cope with this problem depending on the distribution of cyanobacteria in the water column. Principal Findings:...
- PROPOSALS FOR DEVELOPMENT OF THE SAVA RIVER AND ITS LITTORAL ZONE IN THE ZAGREB AREA FROM 1899 TO 2010 URBANISTIC, ARCHITECTURAL, LANDSCAPE AND HYDROTECHNICAL FEATURES.
Matkovic, Irena // Prostor; 2011, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p540
The article provides information on a study which examined the proposals for developing the Sava River and its littoral in the Zagreb area in Croatia from 1899 to 2010. The historical development of Zagreb in the Sava littoral was studied through a body of available written, cartographic and...
- COE CSW: INFORMATION DAY PROVIDES ANSWERS ABOUT MODERN THREATS.
Nitschke, Stefan // Naval Forces; 2012, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p78
The article offers information on topics discussed at the Information Day held by the Centre of Excellence for Operations in Confined and Shallow Waters (COE CSW) in Kiel, Germany on March 13, 2012. The event had participants from the seven member countries, including Finland, Turkey, and...
- DOGU AKDENIZï¿½DE DENIZ YETKI ALANLARININ PAYLASILMASI SORUNU VE Tï¿½RKIYE.
YAYCI, Cihat // Bilge Strateji; Spring2012, Vol. 4 Issue 6, p1
The paper analyzes the respective positions of the littoral states including Turkey with regard to the delimitation of maritime zones taking the significance of Cyprus and the value of Eastern Mediterranean in historical, strategic and economic aspects into consideration. In the light of this...
- Rotifera, Paranoï¿½ reservoir, Brasï¿½lia, central Brazil.
Padovesi-Fonseca, Claudia; De Mendon�a-galv�o, Luciana; Andreoni-Batista, Clayton // CheckList; Jul2011, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p248
This study examined rotifers from Lake Paranoï¿½, an urban reservoir of central Brazil, within an exploratory sampling (from 1996 to 2005) on littoral and deeper areas in the lake and from the mouth of the tributaries of the lake (Torto and Bananal - north part, Gama and Riacho Fundo - south...
- The Adriatic -- Contemporary Geographic Issues.
Vukosav, Branimir // Cartography & Geoinformation; Dec2009, Vol. 8 Issue 12, p138
The article discusses the highlights of a scientific conference held by the University of Zadar's Department of Geography and the Croatian Geographical Society in Zadar, Croatia from September 10 to 12, 2009. The conference was attended by 50 Croatian and foreign geographers and other scientists...
- Spring development of hydrolittoral rock shore communities on wave-exposed and sheltered sites in the northern Baltic proper.
ERIKSSON WIKLUND, ANN-KRISTIN; MALM, TORLEIF; HONKAKANGAS, JESSICA; EKLUND, BRITTA // Oceanologia; Jan2012, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p75
Spring development in the hydrolittoral zone was investigated at five wave-sheltered and five wave-exposed sites on four occasions from late March to late May (every third week). The number of species was higher at the sheltered locations and increased significantly over time. The difference in...
- Non-wadeable river bioassessment: spatial variation of benthic diatom assemblages in Pacific Northwest rivers, USA.
Pan, Yangdong; Hughes, Robert; Herlihy, Alan; Kaufmann, Philip // Hydrobiologia; Mar2012, Vol. 684 Issue 1, p241
Current bioassessment efforts are focused on small wadeable streams, at least partly because assessing ecological conditions in non-wadeable large rivers poses many additional challenges. In this study, we sampled 20 sites in each of seven large rivers in the Pacific Northwest, USA, to...
- Taxonomy of the Cryptopygus complex. I. Pauropygus - a new worldwide littoral genus (Collembola, Isotomidae).
Potapov, Mikhail; Yan Gao; Deharveng, Louis // ZooKeys; 5/22/2013, Issue 304, p1
In this paper, we describe the new genus Pauropygus gen. n. which includes three minute species, blind and unpigmented, living in interstitial littoral habitats in tropical or subtropical countries. Two of these species are new to science (type species P. projectus sp. n. from New Caledonia and...
- Induced resistance in a brown alga: phlorotannins, genotypic variation and fitness costs for the crustacean herbivore.
Haavisto, Fiia; Välikangas, Tommi; Jormalainen, Veijo // Oecologia; Mar2010, Vol. 162 Issue 3, p685
In the marine littoral, strong grazing pressure selects for macroalgal defenses such as the constitutive and inductive production of defense metabolites. Induced defenses are expected under spatiotemporally varying grazing pressure and should be triggered by a reliable cue from herbivory,...
- LENGTH-WEIGHT RELATIONS OF 22 FISH SPECIES FROM THE LITTORAL ZONE OF THE EASTERN IONIAN SEA, GREECE.
Liousia, Varvara; Batziakas, Stratos; Panagiotou, Nikos; Daouti, Irini; Koutrakis, Emmanouil; Leonardos, Ioannis D. // Acta Ichthyologica et Piscatoria; 2012, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p69
Length-weight relations are presented for 22 fish species caught in the littoral zone of the eastern Ionian Sea. Mean values of b ranged from 2.58 to 3.43. For Greek waters no information regarding the LWR existed for 2 of the recorded species. This is the first study on the LWR for species of...
- Lakeside reed border characteristics at Lake Constance (Untersee): A comparison between 1981â€“1983 and 1994.
Schmieder, Klaus; Pier, Annelie // Wetlands Ecology & Management; Dec2000, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p435
Eutrophication and the associated proliferation offilamentous algae were often considered importantcauses of reed die-back that occurred in the sixtiesand seventies at Lake Constance. According to thishypothesis the reduction in lake water nutrientconcentrations during the eighties and nineties...
- Coherence of phytoplankton and attached diatom-based ecological status assessment in Lake Balaton.
Crossetti, Luciane; Stenger-Kovács, Csilla; Padisák, Judit // Hydrobiologia; Oct2013, Vol. 716 Issue 1, p87
Coherence between ecological status assessment by phytoplankton and attached diatoms was analyzed in the littoral zone of Lake Balaton. Sampling of periphytic diatoms, phytoplankton, and water were carried out at ten different littoral sites in the northern and southern shores of the lake for a...
- Internal Loading of Phosphorus from Sediments of SwarzÄ™dzkie Lake (Western Poland).
Kowalczewska-Madura, K.; Goldyn, R. // Polish Journal of Environmental Studies; 2009, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p635
Sediments, being the most important source of phosphorus (P) in the shallow (max. depth 7.2 m), polymictic SwarzÄ™dzkie Lake during the summer, were thoroughly studied in laboratory experiments with intact cores sampled at 7 stations in four seasons of the year. Under anaerobic conditions P...
- Substratum associations and depth distribution of benthic invertebrates in saline Walker Lake, Nevada, USA.
Herbst, David; Medhurst, R.; Roberts, Scott; Jellison, Robert // Hydrobiologia; Jan2013, Vol. 700 Issue 1, p61
Walker Lake, a terminal salt lake in western Nevada, is undergoing rapid changes because of falling lake level and rising salinity, affecting the potential habitat of benthic invertebrates that supply food to native fish and birds. Benthic invertebrate surveys were conducted within different...
- Classification of Halophilic Heterotrophic Bacteria Thriving in the Jordanian Dead Sea Littoral Zone.
Jacob, Jacob H. // Journal of Biological Sciences; 2012, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p246
Halophilic heterotrophic bacteria are distinguished group of microorganisms thriving at saline environments like natural salt lakes. The Dead sea of Jordan is one of the remarkable natural hypersaline inland salt lakes in the world. In this study, we aimed to classify bacterial species living in...
- A NEW SPECIES OF ISOTOGASTRURA (COLLEMBOLA: ISOTOGASTRURIDAE) FROM NORTHEASTERN BRAZIL.
PALACIOS-VARGAS, JOSÉ G.; DE LIMA, ESTEVAM C. ARAÚJO; ZEPPELINI, DOUGLAS // Florida Entomologist; Dec2013, Vol. 96 Issue 4, p1579
A new species of Isotogastrura from marine littoral sand of Fernando de Noronha Islands, Pernambuco State, Brazil is described and illustrated. It is characterized by the absence of prelabral setae, presence of a spatulate mucro, fusion of the dorsal part of Abd. IV and V and one pair of long...
- Selected contributions from the 6th Spanish Conference on Coastal Geomorphology, 7-9 September 2011, Tarragona, Spain: an introduction.
Montoya Montes, Isabel; Sánchez García, Maria; Rodríguez Santalla, Inmaculada // Geo-Marine Letters; Apr2013, Vol. 33 Issue 2/3, p95
This special issue of Geo-Marine Letters presents selected contributions from the 6th Spanish Conference on Coastal Geomorphology held from 7-9 September 2011 in Tarragona, Spain. The guest editors are Isabel Montoya Montes, Maria J. SÃ¡nchez GarcÃa and Inmaculada RodrÃguez Santalla....
- Littoral benthic macroinvertebrates of alpine lakes (Tatra Mts) along an altitudinal gradient: a basis for climate change assessment.
Ciamporov�-Zatovicov�, Zuzana; Hamerl�k, Ladislav; �porka, Ferdinand; Bitu��k, Peter // Hydrobiologia; Jul2010, Vol. 648 Issue 1, p19
Littoral benthic macroinvertebrates were studied in three alpine lakes in the High Tatra Mountains (Slovakia) located at different elevations: 2157, 1940 (alpine zone) and 1725 m (sub-alpine zone). The study sites were selected in order to obtain a gradient in thermal regimes and particular...
- Assessment of the ecological status of regulated lakes: stressor-specific metrics from littoral fish assemblages.
Sutela, Tapio; Vehanen, Teppo; Rask, Martti // Hydrobiologia; Oct2011, Vol. 675 Issue 1, p55
Following the European Water Framework Directive (WFD), the ecological status of lakes should be classified based mainly on biota, including fish fauna. In Finnish regulated lakes, littoral fish assemblages may be especially vulnerable to winter drawdown in water level. In this study, we sampled...
- WEED VEGETATION ON THE SHORES OF ARTIFICIAL RESERVOIRS OF SURFACE MINING PITS IN THE AREA OF TUZLA.
Barudanovic, Senka; Kamberovie, Jasmina // Herbologia; Oct2011, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p1
During surface mining, as a result of displacement and disruption of water flows, there often occurs formation of smaller permanent reservoirs. On the watersides of newly formed water bodies, plant communities are established, whose structure is most frequently weed. The aim of this paper is to...
- Suluï¿½ayir Dï¿½zï¿½ (Sivrice/Elazig) 'nde Bulunan Bir Gï¿½ (TMI12) 'in Epipsammik Diyatomeleri ve Mevsimsel Degisimleri.
�zer, G�ls�m; Pala, G�nes // Firat University Journal of Science; Jun2009, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p79
The epipsammic diatoms of a pond TMI 12 in Suluï¿½ayir Plain Sivrice,Elazig) were investigated from October 2005 to September 2006. A total of 40 taxa of diatoms were recorded during the study. Navicula (7 taxa), Nitzschia (4 taxa), Gomphonema (4 taxa), Fragilaria (4 taxa) and Cymbella (3...
- Some adaptations of Monodonta turbinata (Born, 1780) (Gastropoda, Prosobranchia, Trochidae) to feeding and habitation in the littoral zone.
Alyakrinskaya, I. // Biology Bulletin; Feb2010, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p63
The basic morphological, ethological, and physiological-biochemical adaptations of Monodonta turbinata to survival in the littoral zone were investigated in this work. Quantitative estimation of myoglobin content in radular tissues of mollusks inhabiting the Mediterranean Sea Basin has been...
- Physico-chemical characteristics of shallow, high mountain Lake Blidinje (in a karst area of Bosnia and Herzegovina) with emphasis on its trophic status.
Ivankovic, Anita; Habul, Esma; Knezovic, Zrinka // Oceanological & Hydrobiological Studies; 2011, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p19
This paper presents data on the physico-chemical characteristics of lake water from May to November, the period without ice cover. Chlorophyll a was monitored over two years from May to November (2006 and 2007). Water was sampled at five locations in the lake's littoral zone. The following...
- Sea snakes anticipate tropical cyclone.
Liu, Y.-L.; Lillywhite, H.; Tu, M.-C. // Marine Biology; Nov2010, Vol. 157 Issue 11, p2369
Here, we report anticipatory behaviors of sea snakes and provide the first evidence for a sensory mechanism by which they survive a catastrophic cyclone. Sea kraits ( Laticauda spp.) are normally abundant in littoral habitats at Lanyu (Orchid Island), Taiwan but disappeared coincident with...
- Diversitï¿½ des Macroinvertï¿½brï¿½s Benthiques de la Riviï¿½re Agnï¿½by (Cï¿½te d'Ivoire; Afrique de l'Ouest).
Diomand�, Dramane; Bony, Yves Kotchi; Edia, Edia Oi; Konan, Koffi F�lix; Gour�ne, Germain // European Journal of Scientific Research; Aug2009, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p368
Agnï¿½bi is the most important river of littoral of Cï¿½te d'Ivoire. The first study of benthic macroinvertebrates of this river was studied in the middle stream (Pont Autoroute). This station was visited monthly during 10 months covering the 4 local rainy seasons. Ten (10) samples of the...
- Calcium content of littoral Cladocera in three softwater lakes of the Canadian Shield.
Shapiera, Melanie; Jeziorski, Adam; Yan, Norman; Smol, John // Hydrobiologia; Dec2011, Vol. 678 Issue 1, p77
Aqueous calcium (Ca) concentrations are declining in softwater lakes of the Canadian Shield largely because of decades of acid deposition and afforestation following timber harvesting. Populations of pelagic cladoceran taxa with high Ca requirements, especially Daphnia spp., are declining in...
- Spatial distribution of rotifers (Rotifera) in monospecies beds of invasive Vallisneria spiralis L. in heated lakes.
Ejsmont-Karabin, Jolanta; Hutorowicz, Andrzej // Oceanological & Hydrobiological Studies; 2011, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p71
Species abundance and richness of rotifer communities occupying monospecies beds of Vallisneria was studied in Lake Lichenskie included in the open cooling system of heat and power stations. Differences were found in rotifer numbers, species composition and diversity between sampling points...
- Survey of Scytonema (Cyanobacteria) and associated saxitoxins in the littoral zone of recreational lakes in Canterbury, New Zealand.
Smith, Francine M. J.; Wood, Susanna A.; Wilks, Taryn; Kelly, David; Broady, Paul A.; Williamson, Wendy; Gaw, Sally // Phycologia; Sep2012, Vol. 51 Issue 5, p542
The recent identification of saxitoxin-producing Scytonema cf. crispum triggered a survey of metaphyton and periphyton for Scytonema spp. in 34 high-use recreational lakes across Canterbury, New Zealand. Scytonema was observed in 10 of the lakes surveyed. Three morphospecies were identified:...
- Population estimate of Chinese mystery snail (Bellamya chinensis) in a Nebraska reservoir.
Chaine, Noelle M.; Allen, Craig R.; Fricke, Kent A.; Haak, Danielle M.; Hellman, Michelle L.; Kill, Robert A.; Nemec, Kristine T.; Pope, Kevin L.; Smeenk, Nicholas A.; Stephen, Bruce J.; Uden, Daniel R.; Unstad, Kody M.; VanderHam, Ashley E. // BioInvasions Record; 2012, Vol. 1 Issue 4, p283
The Chinese mystery snail (Bellamya chinensis) is an aquatic invasive species in North America. Little is known regarding this species' impacts on freshwater ecosystems. It is believed that population densities can be high, yet no population estimates have been reported. We utilized a...
- Editorial: Littoral 2008.
Campostrini, Pierpaolo; Torricelli, Patrizia; Green, David R. // Journal of Coastal Conservation (Springer Science & Business Med; Sep2011, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p323
An introduction is presented in which the editors discuss various reports within the issue on topics including the LITTORAL 2008 conference, coastal zone and marine management, and Decision Support Systems (DSS).
- Community structure of fish in lowland streams differ substantially between subtropical and temperate climates.
Teixeira-de Mello, Franco; Meerhoff, Mariana; Baattrup-Pedersen, Annette; Maigaard, Thomas; Kristensen, Peter; Andersen, Torben; Clemente, Juan; Fosalba, Claudia; Kristensen, Esben; Masdeu, Malvina; Riis, Tenna; Mazzeo, Néstor; Jeppesen, Erik // Hydrobiologia; Mar2012, Vol. 684 Issue 1, p143
Fish are important in the structuring of other communities and may have large effects on the functioning of aquatic ecosystems. The structure of fish communities, in turn, seems to differ with climate. We compared the characteristics of fish assemblages in lowland streams located in two...
- Influence of bioturbation on the biogeochemistry of littoral sediments of an acidic post-mining pit lake.
Teixeira-de Mello, Franco; Meerhoff, Mariana; Baattrup-Pedersen, Annette; Maigaard, Thomas; Kristensen, Peter; Andersen, Torben; Clemente, Juan; Fosalba, Claudia; Kristensen, Esben; Masdeu, Malvina; Riis, Tenna; Mazzeo, Néstor; Jeppesen, Erik // Biogeosciences; 2011, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p339
No abstract available.
- Prevalence of Bovine Tuberculosis in Abattoirs of the Littoral andWestern Highland Regions of Cameroon: A Cause for Public Health Concern.
Ndukum, J. Awah; Caleb Kudi, A.; Bradley, G.; Ane-Anyangwe, I. N.; Fon-Tebug, S.; Tchoumboue, J. // Veterinary Medicine International; 2010, p1
Bovine tuberculosis (BTB) is widespread but poorly controlled in Africa and M. bovis is posing threats to human health. The risk of cattle handlers to M. bovis prevalence and public health significance of BTB in Cameroon were assessed. Slaughter inspection records from major cities revealed that...
- MUMMIFIED SAINTS OF THE NORTHERN CROATIAN LITTORAL.
Petaros, Anja; Škrobonja, Ante; Bosnar, Alan // Acta Medico-Historica Adriatica; 2012, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p131
The Itrian town of Vodnjan hosts a collection of mummified bodies and relics. Three mummies are completely preserved and belong to Blessed Leon Bembo, St Giovanni Olini, and St Nicolosa Bursa, while the other three are mummified remains of St Barbara, St Sebastian, and St Mary of Egypt. This...
- Factors driving the metabolism of two north temperate ponds.
Klotz, Richard // Hydrobiologia; Jul2013, Vol. 711 Issue 1, p9
Two beaver ponds in central New York State, one in a forested and one in an agricultural setting, were studied to determine the influence of nutrient enrichment on metabolic activity in small, shallow north temperate lentic systems with extensive littoral zones. Metabolic activity was determined...
- The effect of periphyton on the light environment and production of Potamogeton perfoliatus L. in the mesotrophic basin of Lake Balaton.
Tóth, Viktor // Aquatic Sciences;
Light within the littoral zone affects the productivity and interaction between periphyton and its macrophyte substrate. The effect of periphyton on macrophyte photosynthesis, seasonal variation and vertical distribution of periphyton on artificial substrates (plastic strips), and the effect of...
- Aral GÃ¶lÃ¼ Sorunu ve BÃ¶lgedeki Siyasi GeliÅŸmelere Etkisi.
İYİKAN, Necati // Electronic Journal of Political Science Studies (EJPSS); Jun2013, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p52
Aral Sea problem which interests the five littoral states of Central Asia is inherited from the past. Nowadays there is still no solution to this problem that will be settled with a high possibility in the future. The difference between environmental and economic preferences of USSR constitutes...
- Organic matter degradation through respiration in littoral and pelagial including profundal zones of an oligotrophic lake assessed by electron transport system activity.
Simčicč, Tatjana; Germ, Mateja // Hydrobiologia; Nov2009, Vol. 635 Issue 1, p137
The intensity of respiratory carbon loss through respiration, assessed by respiratory electron transport system (ETS) activity, was studied in net zooplankton, microplankton, zoobenthos, macrophytes and sediment in the littoral and pelagial including profundal zone of Lake Bohinj over a complete...
- Low-Scale Foreshore Morphodynamic Processes in the Vicinity of a Tropical Estuary at Honnavar, Central West Coast of India.
Hegde, V. S.; Shalini, G.; Nayak, S. R.; Rajawat, A. S.; Surynarayana, A.; Jaykumar, S.; Koti, B. K.; Girish, G. K. // Journal of Coastal Research; Mar2009, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p305
Low-scale foreshore morphodynamic processes in the vicinity of the Sharavati estuary at Honnavar, central west coast of India, are discussed in this paper based on the wave refraction analyses, sediment characteristics, and foreshore morphological changes. In general, the foreshore is composed...
- Potential effect of macrophyte beds on number of akinetes of blue-green algae in littoral of a body of water.
Kravchuk, E.; Anisimova, T. // Contemporary Problems of Ecology; Jul2012, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p430
The distribution of the resting stages of blue-green algae (akinetes) in bottom sediments of the littoral of a small Siberian water reservoir has been studied. The irregularity (mosaicism) of the distribution of akinetes in the bottom sediments of the littoral has been demonstrated and the...
- The offshore export of sand during exceptional discharge from California rivers.
Warrick, Jonathan A.; Barnard, Patrick L. // Geology; Sep2012, Vol. 40 Issue 9, p787
Littoral cells along active tectonic margins receive large inputs of sand and gravel from coastal watersheds and commonly lose this sediment to submarine canyons. One hypothesis is that the majority of coarse (sand and gravel) river sediment discharge will be emplaced within and immediately...
- Cladocerans respond to differences in trophic state in deeper nutrient poor lakes from Southern Norway.
Jensen, Thomas; Dimante-Deimantovica, Inta; Schartau, Ann; Walseng, Bjørn // Hydrobiologia; Sep2013, Vol. 715 Issue 1, p101
We investigated the role of trophic state in structuring the cladoceran assemblages in 35 relatively deep lakes of low nutrient levels in Southern Norway. The lakes cover gradients of altitude, latitude, longitude, area and total phosphorus concentration. The environmental control of the...
- Stable isotope compositions of recent Dreissena polymorpha (Pallas) shells: paleoenvironmental implications.
Apolinarska, Karina // Journal of Paleolimnology; Oct2013, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p353
Stable carbon and oxygen isotope studies are among the major proxies in investigations of recent and ancient freshwater environments. Mollusc shells are one the most frequently studied carbonates. In the present paper, stable carbon and oxygen isotope compositions of Dreissena polymorpha...
- Preliminary observations on the Samsun Bay splash zone biodiversity.
Apolinarska, Karina // Journal of the Black Sea/Mediterranean Environment; 2010, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p245
No abstract available.