Citations with the tag: DAVIE, Maurice R
Results 1 - 10
- Refugees in America.
Collier, John // Industrial & Labor Relations Review; Jan48, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p324
This article reviews the book "Refugees in America," by Maurice R. Davie.
- REFUGEES IN AMERICA: REPORT OF THE COMMITTEE FOR THE STUDY OF RECENT IMMIGRATION FROM EUROPE (Book).
Johnson, Guy B. // Social Forces; Oct47, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p109
Reviews the book "Refugees in America: Report of the Committee for the Study of Recent Immigration From Europe," by Maurice R. Davie.
- NEGROES IN AMERICAN SOCIETY (Book).
Hill, Mozell C. // Social Forces; May50, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p442
Reviews the book "Negroes in American Society," by Maurice R. Davie.
- A Wooden Horse for the Professors.
Hill, Mozell C. // New Republic; 10/30/29, Vol. 60 Issue 778, p286
Comments on the published article from Yandell Henderson, the co-author with Maurice R. Davie, of the Yale report on "Income and Living Costs of a University Faculty" to supplement his report which seems designed to prove the case of the needy professor in the U.S. Discussion of venerable...
- A Constructive Immigration Policy.
Waterman, W. C // Journal of Social Forces; Mar1924, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p458
The article presents information about the book "A Constructive Immigration Policy," by Maurice R. Davie. The book summarizes the history of immigration legislation of the U.S. for the past forty years. It is due mainly to this conflict of class interests reflected in Congressional action that...
- INCOMES AND LIVING COSTS OF A UNIVERSITY FACULTY.
Anderson, Earl W. // Journal of Higher Education; Jan1930, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p61
Reviews the book "Income and Living Costs of a University Faculty," by Yandell Henderson and Maurice R. Davie.
- EMILE DURKHEIM: SELECTIONS FROM HIS WORK/WILLIAM GRAHAM SUMNER: AN ESSAY OF COMMENTARY AND SELECTIONS/THORSTEIN VEBLEN: SELECTIONS FROM HIS WORK/LESTER FRANK WARD: SELECTIONS FROM HIS WORK/MAX WEBER: SELECTIONS FROM HIS WORK (Book).
Hinkle, Roscoe C. // Social Forces; May64, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p500
Reviews several books. "William Graham Sumner: An Essay of Commentary and Selections," by Maurice R. Davie; "Thornstein Veblen: Selections From His Work," by Bernard Rosenburg; "Lester Frank Ward: Selections From His Work," by Israel Gerver.
- POPULATION DISTRIBUTION IN COLONIAL AMERICA/THE GROWTH AND DISTRIBUTION OF POPULATION/WORLD IMMIGRATION... (Book).
Spengler, Joseph J. // Social Forces (University of North Carolina Press); Oct37, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p131
Reviews several books. "Population Distribution in Colonial America," by Stella H. Sutherland; "The Growth and Distribution of Population," by S. Vere Pearson; "World Immigration, With Special Reference to the United States," by Maurice R. Davie.
- STATUS OF THE NEGRO.
Smith, William Gardner // New Republic; 4/17/50, Vol. 122 Issue 16, p27
Reviews several books. "Killers of the Dream," by Lillian Smith; "Negroes in American Society," by Maurice R. Davie; "The Negro's Morale," by Arnold M. Rose.
- THE EVOLUTION OF WAR. A STUDY OF ITS RULE IN EARLY SOCIETIES/INTERNATIONAL ARBITRATION FROM ATHENS TO LOCARNO/THE UNITED STATES OF EUROPE...(Book).
Jenks, Leland Hamilton // Social Forces; Oct31, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p132
The article reviews several books related to political behavior including "The Evolution of War: A Study of Its Rule in Early Societies," by Maurice R. Davie, "The United States of Europe," by Edouard Herriot and "Why Europe Votes," by Harold F. Gosnell.