High quality essays written by experts on endangered species are presented. Essays discuss the number of enangered species worldwide, efforts to protect endangered organisms, and factors which cause a species to become endangered. Major terms and definitions related to endangered species are also presented.
History of Extinctions and Endangered Species Policies
The United States Congress created the Endangered Species Act of 1973 to replace earlier acts put into place in 1966, which had proven insufficient to protect...
READ MORE »
An Overview of Endangered Species Policies and Categories
A species is described as endangered when the entire population faces a serious risk of extinction. In the early twenty-first century human population growth, large-scale agriculture, and...
READ MORE »
Delays in Endangered Species Act Protections Lead to Extinctions.
Earth Island Journal
Deals with the impact of the delay in implementing the Endangered Species Act (ESA) by the U.S. government on endangered animals and plants as of...
Reports on the disappearing of land suitable for grizzly bears, an endangered specie.
Endangered domestic waterfowl.
Countryside & Small Stock Journal
Provides information on species of domestic ducks and geese that are considered endangered.
In Search of SNOW LEOPARDS.
The article focuses on the efforts of scientists to study snow leopards, an endangered species.
Saving Hawaii's Wildlife
Scholastic News -- Edition 4
Focuses on endangered species in Hawaii.
Endangered Komodo Dragons/Endangered Mountain Gorillas/Endangered Wolves
School Library Journal
Reviews several books on endangered species by Bobbie Kalman. "Endangered Komodo Dragons"; "Endangered Mountain Gorillas: Earth's Endangered Animals...
Will the Endangered Species Act survive?
Presents a survey of literatures on whether the Endangered Species Act will survive. Government policy on endangered species; Discussion of the...
Animals at Risk
Scholastic News -- Edition 5/6
A chart is presented that shows the number of endangered animal species.
CLONING Hit or Miss?
Discusses the issues about cloning endangered species and humans.
The Number of Endangered Animals All Adds Up!
Scholastic News -- Edition 4 (Teacher's Edition)
Presents a quiz about endangered animal species.
This Week's Editorial CARTOON
Scholastic News -- Edition 5/6
A quiz about various endangered species is presented.
Critical Studies in Fashion & Beauty
Endangered Species summit review, London, March 2011
Spending by states on endangered species
Presents information on the spendings in the United States on endangered species.
CLEAN THE AIR
Environmental Law (00462276)
Presents a letter to the editor about the Endangered Species Act.
Pine martens in culling threat to save capercaillie
Mail on Sunday
THEY both rank among Scotland's most endangered species.
Do environmentalists think the Endangered Species Act has been a success or failure with regard to protecting biodiversity in the U.S.?
Earth Talk: Questions & Answers About Our Environment
An answer to a question on the Endangered Species Act is presented.
Reviews the music recording `Endangered Species,' by Lynyrd Skynyrd.
Endangered Species Articles A-Z
- "BEARLY" SURVIVING
- A BOTTLE TOO MANY
- Acting for Endangered Species (Book)
- Adult books for young adults: Fiction
- Adult Books: FICTION
- Adult books: Fiction
- Adult books: Nonfiction
- Animals at Risk
- Animals: On the World's Rare and Endangered Species
- Asia's wildlife police battle corruption
- At-risk zebra is born in Britain
- Audiovisual media: Video
- Audiovisual review: Films & videos
- Back From the Brink
- Backlog of Vanishing Life
- Baltic Mission/ Endangered Species (Book Review)
- Black Book of the Endangered Species (Book Review)
- Book review: Junior high up
- Book review: Reference
- Book reviews
- Book reviews: Fiction
- Book reviews: Reference
- Book Reviews: Reference
- Box Score
- Carbon Copy
- Celebrating early Skynyrd
- chocolate everyone will bug you for
- Citrus greening found to be lone bacteria species
- CLEAN THE AIR
- CLONING Hit or Miss?
- Close encounters
- CONFERENCE REPORT
- Conservation of wildlife
- CRITICS' CHOICE
- Developing world: Endangered cultures need protection too
- Do environmentalists think the Endangered Species Act has been a success or failure with regard to protecting biodiversity in the U.S.?
- Eastern Massasauga
- Ecological Literacy
- Ecology: Not-so-extinct animals
- ELEPHANT DESTINY (Book)
- Elephant Destiny (Book)
- Endangered domestic waterfowl
- Endangered Komodo Dragons/Endangered Mountain Gorillas/Endangered Wolves
- ENDANGERED SPECIES (Book Review)
- Endangered Species (Book Review)
- Endangered Species (Book)
- Endangered Species (Film)
- Endangered Species and Other Fables with a Twist (Book Review)
- Endangered Species
- Endangered species
- Endangered Species: San Francisco Silverspot
- endangered species:
- Endangered Speciesï¿½Some Comments
- ESA ruling threatens California food production
- Experts recommend improvements to Endangered Species Act
- Extinct again?
- Facts at a Glance
- Federal officials refused to grant
- Final Rules: Critical Habitat for Johnson's Seagrass (Halophila johnsonii)
- Forecasts: Children's books
- Forecasts: Fiction
- Forecasts: Mysteries
- Grades 5 & Up: Nonfiction
- GRAPH of the Week
- Guess WHO?
- Hanging by a Thread
- Have we done enough to save endangered species?
- Horses of a DIFFERENT Stripe
- If people can adopt highways, why can't they care for critters too?
- In Danger of Disappearing
- In danger of extinction
- In Search of SNOW LEOPARDS
- Is the Endangered Species Act endangered?
- Is the Endangered Species Act working?
- Jersey 'In Rare Form' With Fauna Issue
- Jumbo jam
- Lions for sale
- LOST IN THE POST
- MEDIA PICKS
- Monkey Business
- MORE PLANTS THREATENED
- MOUTHFUL OF MATH!
- Nature teaches us: It's hard to reweave the fabric of diversity
- Nature Vanishes
- New endangered species plan unveiled
- New Photography Replaces Artistic Line Drawings
- News Cartoon
- News IQ: pages 4-5
- News Map of the Week
- Northern Territory
- Not cute and furry, still in danger
- NWF enlists zoos for endangered species campaign
- Old Cricket says
- On the Edge
- ON THE REBOUND
- ON THE WEB
- Organic Health
- Pine martens in culling threat to save capercaillie
- Portuguese Birds
- Preserving the `wild' life
- Protection of endangered species threatened
- Ranching, Endangered Species, and Urbanization in the Southwest (Book)
- Recipes for Endangered Species
- Recipes for Endangered Species: Stories
- Reference Books
- Rescue Mission
- Resource Development Could Put Fish on Endangered List
- Reviews: Ecology
- Reviews: Non-fiction
- Reviews: Nonfiction
- Rhinos (Book Review)
- Rhinos (Book)
- RIP Nesiota elliptica, et al
- River Out of Time
- SAVE our SEAS
- Save the Endangered Species (Book)
- Saving Australia's threatened species
- Saving Hawaii's Wildlife
- Seattle has bird's-eye view of peregrine falcon nest
- SITUATION CRITICAL
- Some Endangered Animal Species
- SPECIAL DELIVERY
- Species logic
- Spending by states on endangered species
- STOPGAP MEASURES
- STRIPES in TROUBLE
- Survivor Species
- Sweet Tooth, v.4: Endangered Species
- Terms Of Endangerment
- The Atlas of Endangered Species (Book)
- The Atlas of Endangered Species
- The Birds of Fort Hood
- THE BUZZ
- The Empathic Healer (Book)
- The environmental front
- The Geography of Endangerment
- The Jaguar: Help Save This Endangered Species!
- The Missing Lynx
- The Number of Endangered Animals All Adds Up!
- The Pace of Extinction
- The Political Economy of Endangered Species Conservation
- THE POPSCI OPINION POLL
- The Road to Nowhere
- The stronger
- THE TROUBLE WITH BLUEFIN
- The US Supreme Court
- The War on Exotic Species
- The World Wildlife Foundation has issued its own top 10
- These Kangaroos Are Up a Tree
- This Week's Editorial CARTOON
- Treat Pouches
- Tree that provides paclitaxel is listed as endangered
- Unsentimental Chronicler
- Vanishing act
- Way to Go, KAKAPO!
- WETLANDS RESTORATION NEEDED FOR KLAMATH
- What's UP?
- Whose good life?
- Wild Animals As Fund Raisers
- Wild Comebacks
- Wildlife ER
- Will the Endangered Species Act survive?
- Will the Red Wolf Kill the ESA?
- Wolf and Coyote crowd
- Wolverines Now Listed As Threatened On The Endangered Species List
- Word find: Endangered species
- World's vanishing primates