High quality essays written by experts on carbon offsetting are presented. Essays discuss the effectiveness of carbon offsetting, the forms of carbon trading that are available, and the pros and cons related to the industry. Major terms and definitions related to the carbon market are also presented.
Overview of the Key Terms and Definitions of Carbon Offsetting
A typical carbon offset transaction involves calculating how much carbon dioxide is produced as a result of a particular activity or operation, and then paying someone else...
READ MORE »
CARBON OFFSETS - THE FACTS.
The article offers information related to carbon offsets. A study shows that the global voluntary offsets market has rapidly increased from one...
EMISSIONS: ARE WE MISSING THE POINT?
Travel Weekly (UK)
The article discusses the issue over carbon offsetting in Great Britain. In theory, carbon offsetting allows an individual or business responsible...
ARE CARBON OFFSETS A COP-OUT?
The article presents the author's response to ethical critiques of carbon offsetting, which some regard as analogous to the sale of indulgences to...
The Xinjiang Problem (I): Stabilization and Rectification Policies, 1996-98
Chinese Law & Government
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one on the documents on three major violent disturbances in Hotan, Ili,...
Interpretation of electoral mixed strategies
Social Choice & Welfare
Abstract. In this paper is remarked that "mixed" strategies in games of electoral competition do not need to be interpreted as random moves. There...
Offense and defense
The author focuses on the political campaign activities of congressional Democrats and Republicans in the U.S.
Dems' key challenges
The article focuses on the author's view regarding the key Democratic victories in order to break the influence and agenda of the Republicans...
On the Campaign Trail
Scholastic News -- Edition 4
Focuses on the coverage of the campaigns of United States presidential candidates by child reporters.
Candidates Can Promise, But They Can't Deliver
Business Journal (Central New York)
Criticizes political candidates for making promises to the American people during their campaigns, but fail to accomplish them once they get elected...
Races to Watch for in November
Presents information on different candidates, Republicans and Democrats from different districts in the United States who are contesting the 2002...
Doubts Over Elections Continue
Latin America Monitor: Southern Cone Monitor
Discusses the political and economic situation in Argentina as of February 2003. Inability of the ruling party Partido Justicialista to agree to a...
Comments on the United States Republican and Democratic political conventions for 2000. Discussion on political speeches; Details on the process of...
The madding crowd gathers
Business News New Jersey
Editorial. Examines the impact of the 1999 senatorial elections on businesses in New Jersey. Effect of politicking; Possible candidates;...
Next mayor must think beyond C-town
Crain's Cleveland Business
Identities issues of relevance to local businesses that should be addressed by mayoralty candidates in Cleveland, Ohio. Focus of candidates'...
Election Night straight talk? In his dreams
Crain's Chicago Business
Criticizes political advertising as a medium of attaining votes in elections by the candidates. Fictional speech denoting the hypocrisies involved...
KEITH CRAIN: I hate negative political advertising
Crain's Detroit Business
The article presents author's views on negative political advertising and how it works in the favor of the one who use negative political advertising.
Political promises will cost us zillions
Crain's Detroit Business
Comments on the promises made by political candidates in the United States. Account of politics as an art of offering programs in order to gain...
DEALIGNMENT, VOLATILITY, AND ELECTORAL GEOGRAPHY
Studies in Comparative International Development
Analyzes dealignment and electoral volatility as geographical components in understanding electoral behavior in European Economic Community countries...
Comments on "Dealignment, Volatility, and Electoral Geography"
Studies in Comparative International Development
Comments on the article 'Dealignment, Volatility, and Electoral Geography,' by Ron Johnston published in the September 1987 issue of 'Studies in...
Carbon Offsetting Articles A-Z
- 'CO2 offset firms not up to scratch'
- 'Help government draft regulations'
- 'LET'S SEE IF PEOPLE WILL PAY'
- 42 Pay for your carbon sins
- A GOOD WIND BLOWING
- A low-carb life
- A New OAI Program: Carbon Offsets and Carbon Neutrality with Ocean Arks International
- ABTA launches green scheme for travellers on the Web
- Agent indifference hits carbon-offset schemes
- Aggregators Act as Carbon Offset Middlemen
- Airlines stryggle to get carbon offsetters to come onboard
- AMATEUR BOXING TAKES A HIT
- An Interview with Andy Ridge of Alberta Environment
- Angels in the rain forest
- Annual fluxes of carbon from deforestation and regrowth in the Brazilian Amazon
- Are carbon offsets off the agenda?
- Are your claims of carbon neutrality sound? -- the National Carbon Offset Standard
- Assessing Awareness of Carbon Offsetting by Travellers and Travel Agents
- Assessing motivations for carbon offsetting by environmentally certified tourism enterprises
- Behind the Buzz
- BMI plans carbon offsetting
- Business sector embraces forest carbon offsets
- BUSINESS TRAVEL
- Buyer beware
- Buyers' guide to carbon offset providers
- Buying Your Way Out of Climate Change: What Does Carbon Offsetting Really Achieve?
- Carbon Copy
- Carbon Craze
- CARBON GROWS ON TREES
- Carbon market failure due to recession and over-large credits
- Carbon neutrality: The new black
- Carbon Offset Program Emerges for European Travelers
- Carbon offset providers to reject government code
- Carbon Offsets 101
- Carbon offsets and the emerging climate coalition
- Carbon Offsets Explained
- Carbon Offsets For AH
- CARBON OFFSETS
- CARBON OFFSETS: THE DIRTY TRUTH
- Carbon offsetting 'is not arip-off'
- Carbon offsetting
- CARBON OFFSETTING
- carbon offsetting
- Carbon Offsetting: An Overview
- Carbon Offsetting: Guide to Critical Analysis
- Carbon trading: a guide for the perplexed
- CARBON UPSETS: FINDING RELIABLE OFFSET PROGRAMS
- Caution urged with carbon neutral claims
- Clear as Mud: Why agriculture and soils should not be included in carbon offset schemes
- Clearing the air about biomass carbon neutrality
- CLIMATE ACTION RESERVE RELEASES DRAFT COMPOSTING PROTOCOL
- Climate credits
- Consumer guide to carbon offset providers
- Consumers And Carbon
- Counterpoint: Responsibility is Lacking in Carbon Offsetting
- Crayon first 'carbon neutral' direct shop
- Crown carbon tick
- Daily dilemmas
- DAVE'S ECONOMICS CARBON OFFSETTING
- Decarbonated Travel
- Doubts hit offsetting
- EEA Wins UK Carbon Emissions Mandate
- Embrace those trees
- Emissions Offsets Must be Verified
- EMISSIONS: ARE WE MISSING THE POINT?
- Engaging Ranchers in Market-Based Approaches to Climate Change Mitigation: Opportunities, Challenges, and Policy Implications
- Environmental first for sector
- EU tables ETS offset limits
- Eurostar shelves carbon offsetting
- Everybody's talking about… the validity of carbon offsetting
- Farm groups want offsets on emissions
- Farming carbon
- First Direct adds carbon offsetting to flex
- Flight Centre sells offsets
- Flying Into Trouble
- FOOTBALL AND CARBON
- For Many Months The Expectations Of The Copenhagen Climate Change Conference
- For sale: an acre of rainforest
- Forgive my carbon sin
- FRR offsets carbon footprint using hydroelectric project
- FTC Moves to Impose Stricter Marketing Rules
- FTC Reviews Environmental Marketing Guides
- Getting offsetting on the agenda
- Going Neutral
- GOOD FOR YOU, EU
- GOOGLE'S ZERO-CARBON QUEST
- Government approves first carbon offsetting code for new forests
- Government must set benchmark
- Green Carbon one year on
- Green Economy?
- Green gaps
- GREEN NEWS IN BRIEF
- GREEN TEAM
- Growing conflicts over Tanzania's 'charismatic carbon'
- Hapag-Lloyd in offset first
- HEALTHY CHOICES
- Hilton carbon offsets
- If everybody dropped dead, would I get elected? I don't think so, says Green Jenny
- IN BRIEF
- In support of offsetting
- In the REDD: Australia's push for forest carbon offsets
- Indigenous forestry options for trading in carbon credits
- INTERNATIONAL OFFSETS POOR VALUE FOR MONEY?
- JET SET NEUTRAL
- Just One Question
- Kyoto for commuters
- Land Rover offsets emissions from vehicles…
- Last carbon-free step
- Look, no footprint
- Major UK firms make scant use of C02 offsets
- Making a case for carbon offsetting
- MEASURING UP TO CARBON
- NAVIGATING THROUGH CARBON CONFUSION
- NetJets rolled out a "green" initiative in September 2007
- NOTHING MORE THAN HOT AIR
- Now offsetting becomes 'ethical'
- Now you're cooking
- Offset Developers, Critics Could Both Benefit by Fixes
- Offset optimism
- Offset plantations and the risk of 'bio-perversities'
- Offset schemes need to change
- Offset your car's gas emissions for $10 a ton
- Offset your emissions
- Offset your infidelity?
- Offsets Allow Us to Go Further, Faster
- Offsets' ups & downs
- OFFSETS, CREDITS, TAGS, TRUTH: DUE DILIGENCE IN A NEW REALM
- Offsets: the business experience
- Offsetting does make a difference
- Offsetting gains ground
- Offsetting is not enough
- Offsetting is part of our carbon-cutting diet
- Offsetting pays price of soured relations
- On Flier's Remorse
- Options for Addressing Challenges to Carbon Offset Quality
- OSV does its part to offset its carbon footprint
- Outside InAct now to reduce carbon emissions
- Paper cut option won't hurt offices' bottom line
- Paying for My Hot Air
- Paying for your carbon sins
- Plugging in to offsets
- Point: Carbon Offsetting is the First Step Towards Carbon Neutrality
- Price of offsetting rising
- Pricing the tonne of carbon that tips us into climate catastrophe
- PURCHASING IN AN UNREGULATED MARKET: FEDERAL GOVERNMENT PROCUREMENT OF CARBON OFFSETS
- Pureprint 'first' with carbon offset service
- Q & A
- Rathdrum battery maker touting 'eco-friendly' line
- Ready, Offset, Go!
- Report says House must offset one-quarter of carbon emissions
- Rising Feedstock Costs Crimp Profit Margins for Carbon Black
- Scoring with offsets
- SEEBY SEES GREEN
- Seeing the wood for the trees
- SLIPPING INTO NEUTRAL
- SMALL STEPS FIRST
- SOLAR OFFSETS 2009 CARBON FOOTPRINT WITH 100% SOLAR
- Special Environmental Report Part III: Industry Initiatives Make a Difference
- Stanyer's carbon call to agents
- STARFISH AND POWERSHOP'S CONTINUED COLLABORATIONS
- Staying Grounded
- T&C's Guide to GREEN TRAVEL
- Taking credit
- TAP Portugal
- Testing for Non-Linear Dependence in Daily Financial Futures
- THAT'S THE WAY THE MONEY GOES
- The benefits of international carbon credits
- The Carbon Management and Offsetting Trends Survey Report 2009 (2nd Edition)
- The debate over carbon offsetting
- The inconvenient truth of carbon offsets
- The Liberal `no alternative' tax alternative
- The new to-do list: Run business, cool Planet
- The new to-do list: Run business, cool planet
- THE OFFSET PARADOX
- Ticket to Fly?
- TIME TO MOVE ON CLIMATE CHANGE
- Top Tips
- TRADING OFF
- TRELISE'S green business
- Trust acts on footprint cut
- Turning carbon into cash
- turning carbon into gold
- VMP Takes Green Initiative with UPS
- We've Been Looking for a Free Lunch
- When negative is a positive
- Why be shy about carbon offsetting?
- write on
- Yell and Honda UK launch carbon payroll giving schemes