Israel & the Palestinians
High quality essays written by experts on Israel and the Middle East are presented. Essays discuss the history of Israel and Palestine, the reasons behind the ongoing conflicts there, and theories on how to create peace. Significant terms and historic events are also provided.
An Overview of Relations Between Israel and Palestine
The conflict is rooted in the question of whether the Palestinian people should be allowed to form their own independent country and government in an area that is currently part of...
READ MORE »
Moving toward peace in the Middle East.
U.S. Department of State Dispatch
Features the opening statements made by the President of the United States and the Prime Minister of Israel at a press conference in Jerusalem on...
Remarks on the Situation in the Middle East.
Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents
Presents the text of a speech given by U.S. President George W. Bush on April 4, 2002, which deals with the crisis in the Middle East.
What America Can Do.
Newsweek (Pacific Edition)
Contends that to contribute to the genuine progress in the Middle East, the United States must suggest a program that combines respect for Arab...
'I Can Make Peace.'
Presents an interview with Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon. His plan to protect Israel from attacks by Palestinians; His relationship to...
ONE WAY OUT
Focuses on the developments related to the Palestinian uprising in Israel. Efficiency of diplomacy; Disputes between Palestinian President Yaser...
'WE ARE KIDNAPPED.'
Bulletin with Newsweek
Focuses on the escalating terrorism in the Middle East fueled by suicide attacks and guerrilla war between Israel and Palestine. Illustration of the...
Towards a Comprehensive Rights-Based Strategy
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various articles within the issue on topics such as Palestine's global and transnational...
The World this week
Bulletin with Newsweek
Reports global developments related to politics as of April 23, 2002. Mediation of the U.S. in the Palestinian-Israeli conflict; Death of passengers...
Duck and Cover
Describes a political cartoon on the Israeli-Palestinian armed conflict in the Middle East. Appeal of Crown Prince Abdullah of Saudi Arabia for the...
Palestinian rivals sign agreement for unity government, Israel suspends peace talks
Arab American News
The article reports on the milestone reconciliation reached by Palestinian leaders in their April 23, 2014 meeting in Gaza that will see rival groups...
In Search of the Elusive Israeli Peace Partner
Washington Report on Middle East Affairs
The article reports that the Israeli peace camp has failed to become a significant political movement because it could not find a peace partner among...
Amendment of Palestinian Covenant
U.S. Department of State Dispatch
Presents an excerpt of a statement by the White House Press Secretary applauding the Palestine National Council's vote to revoke the sections of the...
Answers questions about the political histories of Israel and Palestine.
Chronology of Events
Palestine-Israel Journal of Politics, Economics & Culture
Presents a chronology of events related to Palestine-Israeli's politics, economics, and culture as of January to April 2003. Deportation of seven...
El islam polï¿½tico en la minorï¿½a palestina en Israel
Revista CIDOB d'Afers Internacionals
Political Islam is just another component of the political scenario of the Palestinian minority in Israel, together with Communists, Arab...
Economic Prospects for a One-State Solution in Palestine-Israel
Holy Land Studies: A Multidisciplinary Journal (Edinburgh Univer
This paper explores the economic underpinnings of a one-state solution in Israel/Palestine, a dimension that has rarely been addressed in the growing...
Palestinian Authority is short on real power
Christian Science Monitor
Opinion. Discusses the conditions in Palestine after the signing of its accord with Israel. Role of the Palestinian Authority (PA), the ruling body...
Middle East Monitor: The Gulf
Explores the political and economic conditions of the United Arab Emirates. Political threat of the armed conflict between Palestinian Arabs and...
New York Times Upfront
Encapsulates political developments in the Middle East in 2002. Allegations hurled by Israel and Palestine at each other; Threat made by the U.S. to...
WHY BEGIN SHOULD INVITE ARAFAT TO JERUSALEM
This article advises the government of Israel to consider extending unconditional recognition to the Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO) as a...
Israel & the Palestinians Articles A-Z
- 'I Can Make Peace'
- 'We Are in a War Here.'
- `Intifadah' reignites in West Bank
- A Failing Peace
- A House Is a Home
- A Man and His People
- A prisoner from every household
- A Product of the American Jewish Community
- A separate peace?
- A Stone's Throw
- Abbas Hardens His Stance on Palestinians' 'Right of Return'
- Abbas: Palestinians will never recognize Israel as Jewish state
- Adult Books: Nonfiction
- an innocent at home: a middle east retrospect
- An International Conference For Peace
- AN INTERVIEW WITH Yasser Abed Rabbo
- AN OLIVE BRANCH AND AN ARMY
- Annapolis: A Revolution of Concepts
- Another perspective on Middle East peace
- APARTHEID CONSCIOUSNESS AND THE PALESTINE QUESTION
- Arafat wants new accords with Israel
- Arafat's games of chance
- Ariel Sharon Outsmarts Bush and Arafat
- As Israeli-Palestinian talks sink, fringe ideas gain traction
- As riots fizzle, fears of new Intifada abate
- Barghouti calls for Palestinian popular resistance campaign
- Brief reviews: The Middle East
- Bush-Sharon Confrontation Looms
- Can Arabs Make Peace with Israel?
- Church Groups Offer 'Beacons of Hope' to Palestinian Communities--If the 'Beacons' Can Get Through
- CONDEMN THE ATTACKS
- Count Me In
- CREATING FACTS: ISRAEL, PALESTINIANS AND THE WEST BANKS (Book)
- Cuba: Palestinian prisoner day commemorated
- DESCENT INTO HELL
- Divestment from Israel
- Encounter in Gaza
- Enlightenment through play
- Equality now
- Ethnocracy, not democracy
- EUROPEAN POLL: ISRAEL "BIGGEST THREAT TO WORLD PEACE"
- Ex-Israeli soldier seeks Palestinian citizenship
- Fateful choices for Shimon Peres
- Fateful Triangle: The United States, Israel and the Palestinians (Updated edition) By N oam C homsky . London: Pluto Press. 1999. Pp. 544. Price PB ï¿½14.99. 07453-1530-5
- Fear of Being Slandered as 'Anti-Semites' Means We Are Abetting Terrible Deeds in the Middle East
- Feeling winds of Arab Spring, Israel douses sparks of Palestinian uprising
- Gaza/West Bank
- Historical Dynamics Shaping Palestinian National Identity
- How conflict remolded Dahlan's attitudes
- Impressions of a People Under Siege
- In key West Bank town, two religions rub raw
- India Supports Israel-Palestinian Dialogue
- Intifada: the future as history
- Intractable Foes, Warring Narratives: Measuring the Unmeasurable
- Is Israel Poised for a New Round of Ethnic Cleansing?
- Israel 'Fights Terrorism' With War on the Palestinian Authority
- ISRAEL 55 YEARS LATER
- Israel and Palestine: Will national interest accord with diplomacy?
- Israel apologists defend the indefensible
- Israel celebrates as Palestine dreams on
- Israel Faces a New Boycott Threat
- Israel freed Palestinian prisoners
- Israel granted control of municipal affairs
- Israel intel recruiting in Gaza; Abbas set to resign in 2010
- Israel pushes back on Palestinian bid for new UN status
- Israel Sanctions Palestinian Authority Following Unilateral Move
- Israel strikes at Palestinian nationalism itself
- Israel to repatriate Palestinian terroristsï¿½ bodies
- Israel to transfer Palestinian terroristsï¿½ bodies to PA
- Israel weighs up the options
- Israel's crumbling democracy blocks peace
- Israel's deadly lightweight
- Israel's Palestinian Minority: From 'Quietism' to Ethno-nationalism
- Israel's righteous fight
- Israel's risk
- Israel's Strategy for Combating Palestinian Terror
- Israel's War Against the Palestinians
- ISRAEL-HUMAN RIGHTS
- Israeli and Palestinian proposals for the West Bank
- Israeli Arabs: Living in limbo
- Israeli Cabinet resolution rejects U.N. vote on Palestinian status
- Jerusalem: Victim or conqueror?
- John Lloyd
- LAUREN booth
- Leaders & Revolutionaries: MAHMOUD ABBAS
- Legal and Administrative Measures Impacting Residency Rights and Freedom of Movement Fragmentation of the Palestinian Population to Prevent Their Development
- Let us become victims again
- Letter from: Gaza
- Letter to a Fallen Friend
- LETTING GO
- Map Search
- Media bias
- Memory can turn men into heroes
- MIDDLE EAST: The Human Bombs
- Mideast peace glimmers
- Mideast time line
- MIXED SIGNALS
- Mofaz, Abbas to meet in Ramallah
- Moscow backs Palestine's striving for dialogue with Israel
- Must Palestinians choose?
- Nonviolent force
- Notes and Comment
- Outsiders' Identity: Are the Realities of 'Inside Palestinians' Reconcilable?
- Palestine after Desert Storm
- Palestine Pays Salaries to Terrorists in Israeli Prisons
- Palestinian Authority Minister: Western Wall Must Be Under Our Rule
- Palestinian chief taps radicals to press Israel on peace moves
- Palestinian Israelis taxed and squeezed
- Palestinian ministers
- Palestinian NGOs in Israel: A Campaign For Civic Equality in a Non-Civic State
- Palestinian party affiliation and political attitudes toward the peace process
- Palestinian Representative Speaks to National Press Club
- Palestinian state won't bring peace
- PALESTINIAN STATEHOOD
- Palestinian unemployment sapping territories
- Palestinian-Israeli relations sour over security and settlements
- Palestinians Between Israel and Jordan: Squaring the Triangle
- Palestinians consider Mideast talks trump card: declaring statehood
- Palestinians expect Israel to take concrete steps at negotiations - diplomat
- Palestinians left high and dry
- PALESTINIANS SUFFER AS ISRAEL CLOSES DOORS TO ECONOMY
- Paying the price of settlements
- PEACE NOT
- Peace won't come to the Mideast until Palestinians love their children more than they hate Jews
- PMA mulls end of shekel
- Protesting in Bethlehem
- Quartet calls on Palestinians, Israelis to return to talks
- Refugee Status
- Remembering a great disaster
- Reviews of books: Near East
- Rights as a Zero-Sum Game
- Russia urges Israel not to build homes on occupied Palestinian lands (Part 2)
- Russia urges Israel not to build homes on occupied Palestinian lands
- Segregation, harassment mark Palestinian life
- Sharing the Beach
- Sharon's Victory and Tight Bonds Between U.S. and Israel Hold Long-term Dangers
- Shorter notices
- Sidestepping Dependency
- Sleeping on a Wire: Conversations with Palestinians in Israel (Book)
- Soldier On
- Spreading Hunger Strike Nafha prison becomes a political rallying point
- Stalemate in the Middle East
- Struggle for Peace
- Talk of Expulsion More Ominous Than Ever
- That's Progress
- The Arab Minority in Israel; Challenges and Limits in Recent Disciplinary Approaches
- The Binational State and the Reunification of the Palestinian People
- The culture of resistance: The 1967 war in the context of
- The Depths of the Wall
- The Fateful Triangle (Book)
- The Forgotten Palestinians: A History of the Palestinians in Israel
- The Israeli State of Exception and the Case for Academic Boycott
- The Israeli-Palestinian Peace Process
- The Palestine Wound Festers, Always
- The Palestinian Labor Market in Israel: Between Globalization and Intifada
- The Planning Crisis in East Jerusalem: Understanding the Phenomenon of "Illegal" Construction
- The Quest for Peace between Israel and the Palestinians (Book Review)
- The Right of Return (I)
- The Right of Return (II)
- THE STATUS OF PALESTINIANS IN ISRAEL: 1948-OSLO
- The Story of a Silenced Palestinian Nightingale
- The Viability of the Palestinian State and Israel's Settlement Policy
- The Violence of Curfew
- The War's Effect on Palestinian Children
- The weight of one man's words: A guide to Arafat-speak
- There Can Be No 'Return.'
- Thousands of Palestinians returned
- TOWARDS A TYPOLOGY OF POLITICAL TERRORISM: The Palestinian Resistance Movement
- Turn Swords Into Ballots
- Two Peoples...Two States
- U.S. must condemn any unilateral declaration of Palestinian statehood
- Unequal Conflict: The Palestinians and Israel (Book)
- US presses for resumption of talks
- Victor and vanquished, entwined
- Visit helps American Palestinian reconnect with roots
- West Bank tension
- Where Will They Go?
- Whither the Zionist Dream?
- Why some Palestinians want to learn like Israelis