High quality essays written by experts on the Iraq War are presented. Essays discuss the history of the Iraq War, the debate over how long to keep troops in Iraq, and the pros and cons of war. Major events and turning points in the war are discussed, and keywords and definitions are also provided.
IRAQ IS NO VIETNAM. BUT VIETNAM HOLDS LESSONS FOR IRAQ.
Compares the Vietnam war in the 1960s and the twentieth-century U.S.-Iraq war from a military point of view. Lessons of the Vietnam war for Iraq;...
Making Sense of the War in Iraq.
Public Management (00333611)
Relates the story of the author in a war in Iraq. Difficulties experienced in Karbala; Commendation for the bravery of the author; Views on Iraq...
The author explains why he believes the surge of military troops in Iraq has helped to stabilize the country. The author reports about his experience...
DERELICT OF DUTY: THE AMERICAN NEWS MEDIA, TERRORISM, AND THE WAR IN IRAQ.
Marquette Law Review
The article focuses on the role of new media during conflicts in democratic countries. It highlights several normative ideals for media. It discusses...
FORCE EVERYONE TO THE TABLE
The article argues that the U. S. must use threats of withdrawal and the terrible conditions in Iraq to bully to Sunnis, Shiites and Kurds to the...
Iran's New Iraq
Middle East Journal
The US invasion of Iraq has revolutionized the strategic architecture of the Persian Gulf in a manner that is still difficult to fully appreciate....
In the Middle East, A New World
Discusses the success of the foreign policy of the U.S. toward the Middle East, particularly its war in Iraq to help establish Middle Eastern...
AN EMPIRICAL INVESTIGATION OF THE INTERRELATEDNESS OF SELECTED MIDDLE EASTERN COUNTRIES
Journal of Economics & Economic Education Research
The Middle East has been a center of attention during the past century. The countries of the Middle East have large reserves of raw materials,...
Letters to the Editor
Washington Report on Middle East Affairs
Presents letters to the editor, on various topics like, Iraq war, Israel military strength, Israel-Palestine conflict, and others, published in the...
Kill 'Em All Conservatives
The article reports that the U.S. conservatives, who supported the Iraq War, are now getting frustrated with the prolonged and complex violence in...
IRAQI EXODUS: THE IRAQ WAR AND THE MIDDLE EAST'S REFUGEE CRISIS (IRAQ) 2008
Review of Middle East Studies
A review of the DVD release of the documentary film "Iraqi Exodus: The Iraq War and the Middle East's Refugee Crisis," directed by Tania Raghmanaova...
In the first weekend of the war in Iraq, a little-noticed statement from the U.S. State Department promised that the U.S. still took "the sovereignty...
"Bring the Troops Home," Say Times Square Protesters
Washington Report on Middle East Affairs
Outraged by the deaths of hundreds of Iraqi civilians and 44 U.S. and coalition troops during the first week of April 2004, the New York chapter of...
Liberty for Strangers: American Power and the Predicament of the Arabs
The article discusses the U.S.' diplomatic role in the Middle East. The article talks about U.S. President George W. Bush's push for democratic...
MEED: Middle East Economic Digest
Comments on the economic impact of privatization of state holdings and the greater use of build-operate-transfer projects in the Middle East....
The Bad New Era
This article summarizes an essay by Richard Haass in the November-December issue of "Foreign Affairs." Haass argues that the Iraq War has cost the...
Other People's Mail
Washington Report on Middle East Affairs
The article presents several letters related to the politics and government in the Middle East. The media are lamenting prime minister Ariel Sharon's...
THE GREAT WAR FOR CIVILISATION
The article reviews the book "THE GREAT WAR FOR CIVILISATION The Conquest Of The Middle East," by Robert Fisk.
Understanding the Iraq War
School Library Journal
The article presents reviews of websites useful in helping students understand the Iraq War, including "Global Connections--The Middle East" at www....
The Iraq Effect. The Middle East After the Iraq War
Middle East Quarterly
The article reviews the book "The Iraq Effect: The Middle East After the Iraq War," by Frederic Wehrey, Dalia Dassa Kaye, and Jessica Watkins.
Iraq War Articles A-Z
- 'war will boost NCV bookings.'
- 2003 A YEAR IN REVIEW
- A Lady -- a Hero -- Reflects on the End of the War in Iraq
- A SOLDIER'S VIEW OF THE IRAQ WAR
- A WANT OF SKEPTICS
- Actions in Iraq Must Be Open to Debate
- America at War/Iraq War
- America's Iraq Legacy: Rambo Today, the Terminator Tomorrow? (Le Monde, France)
- An Iraq Album
- Analysis/ Why is the United States going to war?
- Anti-war Protests
- Australians at War--War in Iraq (Book)
- Bipolar Iraq
- Black hawk down
- Blair-Bush letters ARE delaying Iraq report, says Chilcot
- BLOGS of WAR
- Book of Revelations
- Bookings in Ireland start to bounce back
- Bush in wrong
- BUSH'S 'IRAQ PROJECT'
- Cakewalks and slam dunks: realities of the Iraq War
- CARTOON OF THE WEEK
- Causes of the Iraq War
- Christmas In Iraq
- COMMENT: WARS AND IDEAS
- COUNTRY FOCUS: IRAQ
- DANGER AT EVERY TURN
- Don't ask? Do tell
- editorial--blessed are the peacemongers
- Embed Cred
- Finding the real Iraq
- First Living Medal of Honor Recipient for Heroism in Iraq and Afghanistan
- First-Row Seat
- For Iraqi Girls, Uncertain Futures
- Forecasts: Nonfiction
- Free Iraq!
- From the Publisher
- GAS! Saddam's Use of Chemicals
- GIANTS AND PYGMIES
- Going Through Changes
- Gold miners rise as City seeks a safe haven from turmoil
- Good News from Iraq
- Gulf War
- History Ignored
- HOME for the Hunt
- INSIDE NCR
- Inside the New Iraq
- Interesting times
- IRAN-IRAQ WAR, 1980-88
- IRAOI PHOTOGRAPHERS ANSWER THE CALL
- Iraq course must include winning
- Iraq Debacle
- IRAQ IS NO VIETNAM. BUT VIETNAM HOLDS LESSONS FOR IRAQ
- Iraq Since the Gulf War: Prospects for Democracy
- Iraq UNCOVERED
- Iraq War (Book)
- Iraq War Anniversary
- Iraq war would hit Jordan tourism hard
- Iraq War
- IRAQ'S EMPTY BOOTS
- Iraq: Eyewitness to War, A Photojournalist's Diary
- IS IRAQ ARABIC FOR IRELAND?
- LIFE DURING WARTIME
- Love in a War Zone: A Journey of Peace to Iraq
- Making Sense of the War in Iraq
- McCain's 100-Year War, Revisited
- My Dad Went to WAR
- NEWS UNDER FIRE
- Nimo's War, Emma's War: Making Feminist Sense of the Iraq War
- NIMO'S WAR, EMMA'S WAR: MAKING FEMINIST SENSOR OF THE IRAQ WAR
- Not sure we're safer, then why continue?
- Notes on church-state affairs: Mauritania
- Numbers from Operation Iraqi Freedom2003
- OIL AND BLOOD Saudi Arabia and Iraq
- On the defensive
- On war, sin, guilt and failed leadership
- Opinion Pulse
- Opposing the war
- Our Eyes on the Battlefield
- Over Here: Iraq the Place vs. Iraq the Abstraction
- Paying the Price of War
- Peace tops all
- Phantoms (A Correspondence)
- PICK OF THE DAY
- Power Talks And BS Walks
- Price tag for the Iraq war
- Pride and protest in the Castro
- PRO-PEACE RALLY
- Queer and Christian in Iraq
- REAL CONSERVATISM
- Realist or Ideologue?
- ROOMERS OF WAR
- SETTLING IN
- Sixteen Year Old With A Mission
- SOLDIER LAID TO REST
- SOUTHERN EXPOSURE
- STREETS OF FIRE
- Summary of United Nations resolutions concerning Iraq and the Persian Gulf crisis
- Surviving Baghdad: A Paratrooper's Perspective
- Tales from the front
- TEST YOURSELF
- The Choice of War: The Iraq War and the Just War Tradition
- The Deadly Risks of War Journalism
- the fan
- THE FIRST FULLY TELEVISED WAR
- The Five Statements On The Iraq War That John Mccain Most Wishes He Could Do Over
- The Geography of War
- The Green Abyss
- THE IRAQ WAR (Book)
- The Iraq War (Book)
- The Iraq War is over. Now what?
- The Iraq War
- The Iraq War: Strategy, Tactics, and Military Lessons/The Iraq War: A Military History (Book)
- The Occupation: War and Resistance in Iraq
- the peace allergy
- The Riot Group, Pugilist Specialist
- The Road to Baghdad
- THE WAR AGAINST SADDAM
- The war in Iraq
- The War in Iraq
- The War in Iraq: A Photo History (Book)
- The War Was Never About Oil Profits
- This is worse than war
- This isn't Vietnam
- TO DIE FOR
- Two Bushes, Two Iraq Wars
- UNCOVERED: THE WAR ON IRAQ (Film)
- Uncovered: The Whole Truth About the Iraq War (Film)
- Upfront QUIZ 2
- Upfront QUIZ 4
- Vets Aren't Crazy--War Is
- Visual Testimony About War
- Voices from Iraq: After the War
- War and Peace
- War correspondent
- WAR IN AFGHANISTAN AND IRAQ
- WAR OF NECESSITY, WAR OF CHOICE: A MEMOIR OF TWO IRAQ WARS
- WAR OF NECESSITY, WAR OF CHOICE: A Memoir of Two Iraq Wars
- War of Necessity, War of Choice: A Memoir of Two Iraq Wars
- War Plan Iraq (Book)
- War Plan Iraq: Ten Reasons against War on Iraq (Book)
- War presents new opportunities in UK
- WAR STORIES
- WAR STORY: TOTAL RECALL
- War was like a 'punch' to citizens, archbishop says
- War will cost UK trade Â£2 billion
- War? What War?
- Warring arguments
- We're All Romans Now
- We're Guessing Bush Will Wait For The Book On Tape
- We're out of Iraq, but will pluralism root?
- Weapons of mass deception
- What Do You Mean, Support?
- Who is really winning or losing?
- Whose Wars? Teaching About the Iraq War and the War on Terrorism
- Women and the War
- World News
- Worshipping in Babylon