Universal Health Care
High quality essays written by experts on healthcare policy are presented. Essays discuss the pros and cons of universal healthcare, the state of healthcare in the U.S., and key concepts and definitions related to the healthcare industry.
Japan shows how to do more with less.
USA Today Magazine
Examines the Japanese approach to health care as a possible model for the United States. Focus on a fee-for-service medical care program blended...
You Can't Trust Healthcare to the Federal Government.
The author comments on the health care rationing proposed by the administration of U.S. President Barack Obama. Based on the so-called complete lives...
Your life and death, and that of your loved ones, is as personal as it gets.
Enterprise/Salt Lake City
The author comments on issues related to the appointment of Ezekiel Emanuel as Special Advisor for Health Policy for U.S. President Barack Obama's...
Looking for some common sense in health care reform.
Grand Rapids Business Journal
The article discusses common sense strategies that are needed in order to push the planned universal health care system in the U.S. It mentions three...
Universal Health Care Deserves Closer Look
San Diego Business Journal
Presents a letter to the editor related to universal health care.
Top Healthcare experts speak at UCSD conference
Gay & Lesbian Times
Reports on the health care conference held attended by top health care experts at the University of California in San Diego, California.
New University Health Care Center opens
Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing
Reports on the opening of the University Health Care Center in Syracuse, New York.
Announces several workshops involving universities and the health care industry in Great Britain.
American School & University
The article offers information on the development of University Hospital, of University of Missouri Health Care, to improve health care services to...
How Do You Like Your Universal Coverage?
Family Practice Management
Focuses on the development of a universal coverage for health care by the American Academy of Family Physicians in the United States. Importance of...
Soviet crisis: A matter of perspective
H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks
Highlights the state of the health care system in the Soviet republics. Health care centers and facilities; Professional isolation of physicians;...
Universal Health Coverage By 2010 Should Be U.S. Aim, Institute Says
National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services
Focuses on universal health coverage of the U.S. in 2010. Problem of the U.S. on the lack of health insurance; Principles in recommending universal...
Universal health coverage and universal access
Bulletin of the World Health Organization
The editorial focuses on the complementary aspects universal access to health care and universal health insurance coverage. The article mentions the...
TWU lands $1.9M biomedical education grant
Fort Worth Business Press
Presents news items related to medical care in Texas as of July 20, 2001. Grant awarded to Texas Woman's University; Partnership of University of...
REACTIVATED AAUP CHAPTER AT PENN STATE
The article discusses Pennsylvania State university reactivating their American Association of University Professors (AAUP) chapter in response to...
Reports on the University of Washington board of directors' adoption of guidelines concerning HIV-positive health care workers at the university in...
Retaining Canada's health care system as a global public good
CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal
Discusses the health care system in Canada, and the outlook for Medicare in the country. Principle of universal access to health care and health...
Collegiate Health expands network
Fairfield County Business Journal
Reports on the expansion of the network of Collegiate Health Care of Norwalk, Connecticut. Agreement with Western Kentucky University to provide...
Health Security for All: Dreams of Universal Health Care in America
Politics & the Life Sciences
The article reviews the book "Health Security for All: Dreams of Universal Health Care in America," by Alan Derickson.
Health care leadershin endowment
The article reports on the endowment of professorship in health care leadership by Norton Healthcare Inc. at the University of Kentucky College of...
Universal Health Care Articles A-Z
- (ANALYSIS) WI Takes Unique Approach to Health Reform
- ...apiÅ„ski: The free market solved nothing in Poland
- 1994 Directors Conference, Rye Town, New York
- 5 Priorities for Health-Care Reform
- Acute-Care Hospitals
- Adult books: Nonfiction
- Aetna to provide service to UNC health system
- Allied health center deserves applause
- And Health Care For All: Immigrants in the Shadow of the Promise of Universal Health Care
- Another disruption emerges
- As health costs rise, small firms sit on sidelines
- Belmont University Launches New MBA for Healthcare Professionals
- Better solutions needed
- Beware: US-style health care has nasty edge for patients
- BREAST SELF EXAMINATION: A HEALTHY APPROACH
- Bring in universal mental health checks in schools
- Business should back health care schools
- By The Numbers: LARGEST BEHAVIORAL HEALTH PROVIDERS
- California should try other reform ideas
- Canadians Discontented With Socialized Health-Care System
- Checkup 2020
- Clinton health plan was D.O.A., but the need for reform remains
- Collegiate Health expands network
- Conn. providers agree to link
- Consider the right to health care, not just right to profits
- Consolidation drives interest in WMU health care programs
- Construction begins on Emory/CIGNA HealthCare Center at Hartsfield International Airport
- Containing Health Costs In A Consumer-based Model
- Cornerstone to offer health care MBA
- Cost not only factor in lack of coverage
- CU with a twist: Health Care University
- Deals roundup
- Delivery and funding are provincial matters in Canada
- Doc drives wedge between kids, HIV
- Doc in a box
- Dream on, Dr Reilly
- Economists, policy entrepreneurs, and health care reform
- EMPHASIS ON PREVENTION
- Ethical issues in health care
- Ethics, economics, and healthcare finance reform
- Fatal flaw in reform plan
- For doctors, silence is not golden
- For the record
- For Women, A Grim Report Card
- Freedom or security? America at the crossroads
- Getting good health care to the rural areas
- Good health is a choice
- Health care cannot be reformed without universal coverage
- Health care facilities
- Health Care in Developing Countries--summer course Boston University School of Public Health--May
- Health care leadershin endowment
- Health Care Reform: Who Will Lead
- Health care reform: Will the subject fall out of the topic?
- Health Care Risk Management Online at the University of Florida
- HEALTH CARE
- Health info on-line
- Health providers to participate as Accountable Care Organizations
- Health reform could come up short
- Health Security for All: Dreams of Universal Health Care in America
- Health services in higher education
- Health-care campaign
- Health-care profits increasingly elusive
- Health-care reform in the states
- Healthcare in Turkey: from laggard to leader
- HMOs--the battle is back
- HOSPITAL EXPANSION
- Hospitals advocate lures back UH system
- How Do You Like Your Universal Coverage?
- How ready are we for Reform?
- How to spot worsening COPD
- IF YOU'RE INTERESTED
- IN THE SPOTLIGHT
- Incremental change in the Australian health care system
- INDICATIVE ABSTRACTS OF SELECTED TITLES
- Intervention increased vaccination rates by nearly 20% in HCWs
- IRS Auditing Bonds Issued by Colorado Authorities in 2007
- Japan shows how to do more with less
- Jesuit Universities Quit Paying for Abortions
- Learn how to implement a diversity strategy for your hospital
- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
- Local, hands-on partnerships improve care
- Looking for a universal truth
- Maine Embarks on a Bold and Broad Health Plan
- MANAGEMENT FOR RURAL AND REMOTE HEALTH PROFESSIONALS
- Managing University Clinical Partnership: Learning from International Experience
- Mandatory Influenza Vaccination for Health Care Workers as the New Standard of Care: A Matter of Patient Safety and Nonmaleficent Practice
- Marian's bold act is inspirational Med school born of perseverance
- Market medical
- MASS-CARE/MNA takes issue with state report on universal health care
- Mass. Gets Rid of Employer Health Care Penalty--Sort Of
- MBA tailored for health care professionals
- Medicaid payments less in states with more blacks, poor, national study finds
- MNA will join thousands of workers for Health Care Action Day on June 5
- More bad news for working mothers?
- More on universal health care
- MSc in disaster health care
- NAHU Expresses Grave Concern With 'Single Payer Health Plan Proposed In Maine
- Nathan Sinai
- Nature Immunology: UNC team describes novel inflammatory protein function
- Needed: A universal standard of care
- New University Health Care Center opens
- Newcastle Uni to aid S Africa
- News update
- No mercy for UM
- NOTICE BOARD
- Nurses can help protect Medicare
- Nursing 'gray tsunami' forecast for BC
- Obama was for it before he was against it
- Oregon's resident's to vote on universal health care
- Panel has mixed views of reform drives's end
- Patients, physicians support e-mail communication
- Point: Public Health Care Provides Care for All People
- Point: Universal Health Care Provides Better Outcomes at a Lower Price
- Portland's strange bedfellows
- Protect Your Business
- Push for universal health care being made in states
- REACTIVATED AAUP CHAPTER AT PENN STATE
- Recuperate! Recuperate!
- Regional news: Southeast
- Reinhardt on reform
- Rep. Gephardt Presents Plan To Provide Universal Health Care Coverage To 41 Million Uninsureds In U.S
- Research is helping predict long-term care risk
- Research Notes
- Retaining Canada's health care system as a global public good
- Rx Connecticut
- Secondary Uses of Health Information Survey
- Series on bisexuality looks to document diversity in sexual behaviors
- Soneet Kapila Named Trustee of Universal Health's Chapter 11
- SORRY, NO CHANGE
- Soviet crisis: A matter of perspective
- Stitching a picture of health reform
- Study option in rural health
- Survey shows consumers' role growing as health care evolves
- Talking It Out: OC Conferences Focus on Healthcare
- Talking Tough
- TEAMWORK TRAINING TO SAVE LIVES IN TOMORROWS HOSPITALS
- Technology Advances Rural Health
- Technology and longer lives leading to higher health bills
- The 12 Steps to Rehab Health Care
- The First Steps: Bar Coding
- The Primacy of Prevention
- The problem that won't go away
- The USA approach to maternity care
- THE VALUED WORKFORCE
- There's work to be done
- To tackle health care's thorniest problems, 400 health researchers form new U-Mbased institute
- Today's health care debate replays earlier discussions
- TOP 50 HEALTH-CARE FACILITIES
- Top Area Health Care Education Programs
- Top Healthcare experts speak at UCSD conference
- Tuskegee University honors syphilis study victims
- TWU lands $1.9M biomedical education grant
- U.S. health insurance system should cover more, locals say
- UConn plays big role in professional training
- UHHS teams up with eye centers to jointly market vision services
- Ul spreading health across the state
- United Nations General Assembly adopts universal health care resolution
- Universal Access to Health Care in America: A Moral and Medical Importance
- Universal Coverage is Not a Magic Wallet
- Universal coverage phase-in
- Universal Health Care Deserves Closer Look
- Universal Health Care Would Be Universally Bad For California
- Universal Health Care: From the States to the Nation?
- Universal health coverage and universal access
- Universal Health Coverage By 2010 Should Be U.S. Aim, Institute Says
- Universal Health Insurance Coverage or Economic Relief ï¿½ A False Choice
- Universal Healthcare in New Zealand: An Overview
- Universal Insurance Coverage and Health Care Inequity
- Universities approve hospital merger
- UNIVERSITY MEDICAL CENTER OF PRINCETON AT PLAINSBORO
- UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN OPENS $132 MILLION EYE CARE FACILITY
- University to offer consumer-driven health
- USNH rewards program seeks lower-cost care
- Vanderbilt's sale of health plans stalls
- Vermont governor signs universal health care program into law
- Vermont Health Care Reform Aims for More Coverage, Less Expense, and Better Care
- Wealth-Care Reform
- What the health summit missed
- What women need in health-care reform
- What's In Health Care ETFs?
- Why consolidate? The IU-Methodist merger
- Why does that prescription have to cost you so much?
- Why not private health insurance? 1. Insurance made easy
- Why rationing was right for Oregon
- William John Sibbald: in memoriam
- Win one for the doctors
- WISCONSIN: Conference on transgender health care