Stem Cell Research
High quality essays written by experts on stem cell research are presented. Essays discuss the uses and potential uses of embryonic stem cells and adult stem cells, as well as the controversies related to embryonic stem cell research. Key words and definitions are also provided.
Stem Cells, Biotechnology, and Human Rights.
Hastings Center Report
Argues that if stem cell interventions materialize along the lines described by their more avid proponents, it might upend our current ethical...
ARE WE KILLING THE WEAK TO HEAL THE SICK?: FEDERALLY FUNDED EMBRYONIC STEM CELL RESEARCH.
Health Matrix: Journal of Law-Medicine
Focuses on the controversial breakthrough in the field of human stem cell research. Details on the effective treatment for debilitating diseases and...
A Bitter Conclusion Over Stem Cells.
Insight on the News
Discusses the moral issues arising from stem cell research in the United States. Significance of the debate on embryo-destroying stem-cell research...
Defines terms used in stem cell research and embryonic stem cell research.
The Personal Fall-out of Medical Error
Hastings Center Report
Deals with issues on medical errors and stem cell research.
HUMAN FAT FACILITATES STEM CELL RESEARCH
New Vegetarian & Natural Health
Reports on the role of human fat in stem cell research.
Encyclopedia of Stem Cell Research
This article reviews the book "Encyclopedia of Stem Cell Research."
Upping the ante on killing
Malakoff News (TX)
The article discusses the debate about stem cell research.
SOME CANCERS ARE STEM CELL DISEASES
Discusses research on cancer, stem cells and cancer stem cells. Outcome of the division and mutation of stem cells; Implications of cancer stem...
Adult testis stem cells to replace embryonic stem cells?
Discusses research being done on testis stem cells. Comparison between testis stem cells and embryonic stem cells; Implications of finding adult...
Discusses the challenges and opportunities in embryonic stem cell and stem cell research. Technical challenges; Adult stem cell research; Biomedical...
All Stem Cells Are Not Alike
Provides general information, points of controversy and resources on stem cell research. Potential applications of embryonic germ and stem cells;...
The future for stem cell research
Evaluates the future of stem cell research. Political and ethical issue hindering the progress of stem cell research; Therapeutic potential of stem...
STEM CELLS and the Future of Medicine
USA Today Magazine
Looks at the potential of stem cells in curing a variety of diseases. Impact of stem cell research on medicine; Functions of cells in the body;...
Single Stem Cell Theory Challenged
The article discusses research on the presence of hematopoietic stem cell subtypes, published in "Cell Stem Cell."
Stem Cell Research Articles A-Z
- A DEBATE THAT STEMS FROM HUMAN CELLS
- A new red line
- A recipe for new body parts
- A Review of the National Institute of Health's 'Guidelines for Research Using Human Pluripotent Stem Cells'
- A Twist in the Embryonic Stem Cell Debate
- Adult stem cell research is good business
- Adult stem cells come up short
- Adult testis stem cells to replace embryonic stem cells?
- All Stem Cells Are Not Alike
- AN OVERVIEW OF STEM CELL RESEARCH
- Australian stem cell researchers call for less regulatory red tape
- Bearing Down on the Stem Cell
- Beta news for pancreatic stem cells
- Bioethical Wrangling
- Bioscience deserves some hard thinking
- Blood brothers
- Breakthrough in Stem Cell Manufacturing Technology
- Britain opens first repository to speed work on stem cells
- Cancer and Stem Cells
- Cancer Stem Cell Camps
- Cancer Stem Cells - Therapeutic Boon!
- CELL DIVISION
- Cells: The Building Blocks of Life
- Chromosome biology: Nonrandom chromatid segregation in stem cells
- Clone ranger
- Concepts of life
- Could the Difference Between Normal and Malignant Stem Cells Eradicate Cancer?
- Curb on stem cell transplants
- DEMYSTIFYING STEM CELLS
- Dental Stem Cells in Research and Practice
- Dental Stem Cells Treat Stroke
- Derrick Rossi
- Different faiths, different views on stem cells
- Differentiating ES cells
- Do Stem-Cell Research Without Killing Embryos
- Embryonic stem cell research is not dehumanising us
- Embryonic Stem Cell Research
- Embryos in the Rain Forest
- Emerging Applications in Human Stem Cell Therapy
- Encyclopedia of Stem Cell Research
- Ethical Considerations Regarding Stem Cell Research
- ETHICS INTERRUPTED
- Ethics of human stem cells and cloning â€“ a personal view
- Europe dithers over stem cell patents
- Fair Access to Stem Cells
- Faith vs. Statistics
- Focus on Stem Cells
- Foresight, Insight, Oversight
- From tiny cells comes uncertain science
- Fund Stem Cell Research
- German researchers set to receive Israeli stem-cell shipment
- HARD CELL
- Hetero-cellular interaction between cancer cells and stem cells in cancer metastasis
- How to Think about Stemming an Insurgency
- HUMAN FAT FACILITATES STEM CELL RESEARCH
- Human Primordial Stem Cells
- HUMAN STEM CELL RESEARCH: THE MISSION TO CHANGE FEDERAL POLICY
- Human stem cells
- Illinois jumps on the stem cell bandwagon
- Immortal longings
- Impatient Proponents: What's Wrong with the California Stem Cell and Cures Act?
- Important New Stem Cell Progress
- In praise of simplicity
- In the news: Promise of therapy
- It's Not About Stem Cells
- Japanese team makes stem cells
- Lab Oxygen Levels Alter ES Cells
- Letters to Editor
- LIMITS OF STEM-CELL THERAPIES
- Local Researchers Offer Ideas on Stem-Cell Debate
- Mapping Stem Cell Research
- Menstrual Blood-A good source of Stem Cells
- Misrepresenting Bush policy
- National Academy of Sciences Weighs In On Stem Cell Research
- NestlÃ© forscht an Stammzellen
- Neuroimaging: Stem cells on screen
- New technology gets stem cells from blood cells
- No, the Stem Cell Debate Is Not Over
- NOW PLAYING
- Old cells, new tricks
- Oncogene's Secret Growth Formula
- Opening the Door for Stem Cell Progress
- Potential of stem cell research 'oversold'
- Public Opinion and the Embryo Debates
- Published Cloning Paper Contains Recycled Images
- Recent patent applications in stem cell research
- Regenerative medicine today
- ReNeuron and StemCells get green light for neural stem cell trials
- Reprogrammed Blood Cells in Research
- Research Highlights
- Research Potential
- Research with Human Embryonic Stem Cells: Ethical Considerations
- REWIND STEM CELLS, THEN FAST FORWARD
- Rewriting the Rules of Medicine
- SAVE YOUR FAT, SAVE YOUR LIFE
- Saved By The Cows--Again
- Sci-Hi: Science Issues: What is the Controversy Over Stem Cell Research?: Could cycstic fibrosis be cure by stem cell research?
- Science and ethics of stem cell research
- Science and Spin
- Science in Steps
- Should Stem Cell Research Be Permitted? NO
- Single Stem Cell Theory Challenged
- SOME CANCERS ARE STEM CELL DISEASES
- State stem cell research funding agency awards $20 million to UCI, StemCells Inc
- Stem Cell Center Established in Scotland
- Stem cell companies report some progress, much hype
- STEM CELL DEBATE
- Stem cell debate
- Stem cell decision time
- Stem cell dilemma
- Stem Cell Mutations Explored
- Stem cell opportunities are multiplying throughout the state
- Stem Cell Panel Approves Of Collection Program
- Stem Cell Progress
- Stem Cell Reality Check
- Stem Cell Research and Arthritis
- Stem Cell Research and Cloning
- Stem cell research benefits business
- Stem Cell Research Funding: Policy and Law
- Stem cell research gets a boost
- Stem Cell Research Shows No Signs of Slowing Down
- Stem Cell Research
- Stem cell research
- Stem Cell Research: An Overview
- Stem Cell Research: Past, Present, and Future
- Stem Cell Research: Pursuing All Potential
- Stem cell rift among Vatican experts
- Stem Cell Ruling Won't Harm Programs, Biotech Predicts
- Stem Cell Summit in October will focus on policy debate
- STEM CELL Wellness
- STEM CELLS AND ITS CLINICAL APPLICATIONS -- AN OVERVIEW
- STEM CELLS and the Future of Medicine
- Stem Cells Australia â€“ Addressing the big questions in stem cell science
- Stem Cells from Old Mice Eggs
- Stem Cells in Dentistry-A Revolution in Regeneration
- Stem cells may be the next frontier for retinal disease
- Stem Cells Move from Lab to the Clinic
- Stem cells show their muscle
- stem cells storm D.C
- Stem Cells â€” Scientific, Medical, and Political Issues
- Stem cells, potential source of cancer-fighting T cells
- Stem cells--hype and hope
- Stem cells
- Stem Cells
- STEM CELLS
- Stem cells: Articles of faith adulterated
- Stem Cells: Basic Concepts and Wound Care Research
- Stem cells: Blood matters
- Stem Cells: Making more of yourself
- Stem Cells: Medical Miracle--Moral Dilemma
- Stem cells: Self-renewal writ in blood
- Stem Cells: The Future of Personalised Medicine?
- Stem Cells: The next cure?
- Stem Cells: The Next Steps
- Stem-Cell Breakthrough
- Stem-cell research: The rocky road to success
- Stem-Cell Support
- The "Hinxton Group" Considers Transnational Stem Cell Research
- The Bright Promise of Stem Cell Research
- The cows come home
- The Ethics of Stem Cell Research
- The future for stem cell research
- The Gift of Stem Cells
- The Gifts of Stem Cells
- The King is Dead, Long Live the King: Entering A New Era of Stem Cell Research and Clinical Development
- The magic behind stem cells
- The next big thing
- The Personal Fall-out of Medical Error
- The Politics of Stem Cells
- The Power to Divide
- The promise of stem cells
- The Science of Embryonic Stem Cell Research
- The State of Stem Cell Research
- The Stem Cell Story
- The stem-cell sell
- The Tiniest Transplant
- Therapeutic potential of stem cells in orthopedics
- Think twice
- THIS MONTH IN ODYSSEY
- Two Boats, a Helicopter & Stem Cells
- Two cheers
- Understanding Stem Cells
- upfront QUIZ 2
- Upping the ante on killing
- US policy on stem cells
- WEB WATCH: Stem cells, anyone?
- Welcome to Stem Cell Research & Therapy