High quality essays written by experts on health and nutrition are presented. Essays discuss the rise of obesity in the U.S., the problem of childhood obesity, and solutions for obesity such as physical education, nutrition education, and changes to restaurant and school lunch menus.
Are the Fat More Jolly?
Annals of Behavioral Medicine
Investigates the association of obesity and mental health. Ratio of mental health by obesity status; Obesity status predicting mental health...
Healthy Families--Healthy Bodies Preventing Obesity.
Offers some guidelines to prevent childhood obesity in the U.S. Need to recognize obesity; Factors that contributed to excessive weight; Role of...
Today's kids are no worse for weight.
Discusses various aspects of obesity among children. Defining overweight; Causes of obesity in children; The issue of fat and cholesterol; Ways in...
OUR FEAR OF OBESITY.
Town & Country
Presents stories that give some perspective on obesity.
Neuropeptides, Appetite Regulation, and Human Obesity
JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association
Presents information on obesity. Pathogenesis of obesity; Causes of human obesity; Treatment.
Obesity in America: Inevitable?
Nutrition Action Health Letter
Discusses the inevitability of obesity in the United States. Information on obesity; Efforts to prevent obesity.
Obesity in children
Focuses on obesity in children. Information on obesity; Risk of obesity in adults; Causes of obesity; Syndromes that are associated with obesity;...
Too Big to Fit? Social Discrimination & Body Size
This section presents a bibliography on obesity.
CHILDHOOD OBESITY: A 'BIG' PROBLEM
Addresses the incidence of obesity in children.
Can genes be blamed for obesity?
Discusses the role of genes in obesity. Health risks of obesity; Prevalence of obesity in Australia; Genes responsible for obesity. INSET: Student...
Preface (Hot Topic: Medicinal Strategies in the Treatment of Obesity Guest Editor: Akio Inui)
Current Medicinal Chemistry - Central Nervous System Agents
Focuses on the treatment of obesity. Diseases associated with obesity; Strategies of obesity treatment; Advances in anti-obesity therapeutics.
Public Policy Statement on Obesity and Health
Nutrition in Clinical Care
Presents the public policy statement on obesity and health in the United States. Prevalence of obesity in the country; Description of obesity;...
New Orleans Magazine
Discusses the health risks of obesity. Causes of obesity; Attributes of obese people; Treatments for obesity; Effect of the condition to a person's...
Nature and Nurture in Childhood Obesity
British Medical Journal
Examines the nature of childhood obesity in Great Britain. Prevalence of obesity in children; Cause of obesity; Prevention of obesity in younger...
Children in Hospitals
Pediatrics for Parents
Provides information on obesity in children.
Discusses various aspects of obesity in Great Britain. Causes of obesity; Social aspects of obesity; Economic aspects of obesity.
Obesity Articles A-Z
- A pharmacologic approach to obesity
- A SHOCKING FAT
- A weight off your mind
- A weighty issue
- Acting on Australia's health: A study in obesity
- Advances and retreats in the pharmacotherapy of obesity
- Airflow Limitation in Morbidly Obese, Nonsmoking Men
- AKT answer relating to lifestyle advice in obesity
- America Suffers from an Epidemic of Obesity
- America's Fattest Cities 2003
- Appetite Suppressants as Adjuncts in the Treatment of Obesity
- Are overweight children likely to become overweight adults?
- Are the Fat More Jolly?
- As the U.S. wins die war against hunger, it's losing the battle against weight gain
- Asia Fattens
- Author Index
- Baby fat
- Baby's weight unrelated to mother's obesity
- Behavioural and psychological factors
- Better eating habits and more exercise can curb the trend of child obesity
- Breastfeeding and Overweight in Children and Adolescents
- Breastfeeding Reduces Risk of Obesity
- Can Being Overweight Cause Cancer?
- Can genes be blamed for obesity?
- Cancer and Obesity Clearly Linked
- Caring for obese obstetric patients
- CHEWING THE FAT
- Childhood Obesity and Risk of Cardiovascular Disease: A Review of the Science
- CHILDHOOD OBESITY ON THE RISE
- Childhood Obesity
- CHILDHOOD OBESITY: A 'BIG' PROBLEM
- Childhood obesity: a public health threat
- Childhood obesity: time for action, not complacency
- Childhood Obesity: Time for Action, Not Complacency
- Children and choice
- Children and obesity
- Children in Hospitals
- Consequences of childhood and adolescent obesity
- COUCH-POTATO PETS
- Countertransference and the Obese Patient
- CPD quiz: Obesity
- Doctors attack benefit cuts for [...]
- Doctors attack benefits curb on [...]
- Does adipocyte hypercellularity in obesity exist?
- Don't mention the â€˜Fâ€™ word
- Dosing dilemmas in obese children
- downsize not supersize
- Drug Therapy for Obesity
- easing the pain
- Education: Clinical Review -- Obesity
- Energy Balance and Obesity
- Epic proportions
- European plan to put obesity on governments' health agenda
- Evaluating overweight in the office
- Every Body Is Beautiful
- Evidence for existence of two types of massive obesity
- Examination Questions
- FAT AMERICA
- Fat Cats, Plump Pups
- Fat chance
- Fatties are green
- Fight the fat
- Fighting obesity
- Fixing a Fat Nation
- Food for thought
- For More Information
- Forks vs. feet
- Further Reading
- Gastric Bypass Improves Diabetes and Hypertension
- Genetics, environment and obesity
- Get FIT, Not FAT
- Getting to grips with OBESITY
- Globalization of obesity
- Halting the Obesity Epidemic: A Public Health Policy Approach
- HEADLINE FROM THE FUTURE
- Healthy People 2010: Overweight and Obesity
- Helping Hands
- Human Culture and the Global Epidemic of Obesity
- In This Issue
- Information Obesity
- Is obesity killing us or not?
- It's a fat, fat world
- Letters: How to lose weight: stop eating
- LETTERS: Stop blaming GPs for the nation's obesity
- Like mother like daughter
- Managing obesity
- Mangia meno (eat less)
- Mechanisms of Hypertension Associated with Obesity
- Medical Care for Obese Patients: Advice for Health Care Professionals
- More employers see risks, costs of obesity
- More on the Obesity Problem
- More Than Seat Belt Extenders
- Nature and Nurture in Childhood Obesity
- Neuropeptides, Appetite Regulation, and Human Obesity
- NY can't find diet for obese kids
- Obesity (Book Review)
- OBESITY -- Issues and Implications
- OBESITY AND DEPARTMENTS OF FAMILY MEDICINE
- Obesity and Hypertension
- Obesity And Obesity Related Diseases Among Ethnic Minorities
- Obesity and Your Pet: a Natural Approach
- Obesity as a Risk Factor for Heart Disease: An Overview
- Obesity Has Become An Epidemic Among Our Children
- Obesity impacts life insurance
- Obesity in African American Women
- Obesity in America
- Obesity in America: Heavy news
- Obesity in America: Inevitable?
- Obesity in America: It's Getting Worse
- Obesity in Childhood and Adolescence: Epidemiology, Etiology, Clinical Diagnosis and Management
- Obesity in children
- Obesity Network for health professionals
- Obesity Society's journal gets new publisher
- Obesity Threatens Health in Exercise-Deprived Societies
- Obesity--time to wake up
- Obesity-prostate Ca link is multifactorial, complex
- Obesity: it is up to us
- Obesity: Myths and realities
- On the scale of it
- OUR BODIES, OUR SELVES
- OUR FEAR OF OBESITY
- Our kids & the BIG FAT PROBLEM
- Overweight and obesity in European children and adolescents: causes and consequences, treatment and prevention: An introduction
- Overweight or severely overweight?
- PEDIATRIC OBESITY
- Pound foolish: Public-health groups' claims misleading
- Practical management of obesity in primary care
- Preface (Hot Topic: Medicinal Strategies in the Treatment of Obesity Guest Editor: Akio Inui)
- Prevalence and Risk of Obesity and Case Presentation
- Prevention of Obesity in Young Children: A Critical Challenges for Medical Professionals
- PRINCIPLES FOR PRACTICE
- Public Policy Statement on Obesity and Health
- Report finds childhood obesity not as big as it looks
- Scientists Say . . . TV Can Make You Gain Weight
- Second to US in Obesity, Mexico Wants Kids to Slim Down
- Should obesity be treated?
- SIX REASONS
- SMALL STEPS CAN WIN THE WEIGHT BATTLE
- Speak Up!
- Speakout Against Fat Hatred
- State Mandates For Obesity Treatment And Its Costs
- State-Specific Prevalance of Obesity Among Adults with Disabilities--Eight States and the District of Columbia, 1998-1999
- Stubborn Prejudice
- Successful Management of the Obese Patient
- Supersize me
- Surgical Treatment of Morbid Obesity: Who Is It For?
- Survival of the fittest
- Take A Hike, Junior
- Take our survey and win!
- The "Dynamic Epidemiology" of Obesity: Knowledge to Help Improve Our Ability to Manage the Condition
- THE BOTTOM LINE ABOUT FAT
- The Changing Lifestyle in the World
- The Ethics of Promoting Weight Loss
- The fats on obesity
- The Girth of a Nation
- The Global Epidemic of Obesity: Why Global Approaches Won't Work
- The Impact of Bariatric Surgery on Severely Obese Patients With Diabetes
- The investigation and management of obesity
- The new paradigm of trust
- THE PLEASURE PRINCIPLE
- THE STRANGE CASE OF JACK SPRAT
- The Surgical Treatment of Obesity: A Personal Perspective
- The Weigh We Were
- There's no `free' lunch
- Total Fitness
- Tracking obesity into adulthood
- Trends in Global Obesity
- Wanted: sex drive
- Weight And Cancer: More Links Uncovered
- Weight of evidence
- Weighty epidemic
- Where Are We with the Issue of Kids and Weight?
- Where Do You Fit in the Fight Against Fat?
- Why We're Losing the War Against Obesity