High quality essays written by experts on health and nutrition are presented. Essays discuss the rise of obesity in the U.S., the problem of childhood obesity, and solutions for obesity such as physical education, nutrition education, and changes to restaurant and school lunch menus.
Are the Fat More Jolly?
Annals of Behavioral Medicine
Investigates the association of obesity and mental health. Ratio of mental health by obesity status; Obesity status predicting mental health...
Healthy Families--Healthy Bodies Preventing Obesity.
Offers some guidelines to prevent childhood obesity in the U.S. Need to recognize obesity; Factors that contributed to excessive weight; Role of...
Today's kids are no worse for weight.
Discusses various aspects of obesity among children. Defining overweight; Causes of obesity in children; The issue of fat and cholesterol; Ways in...
OUR FEAR OF OBESITY.
Town & Country
Presents stories that give some perspective on obesity.
Obesity in America: Inevitable?
Nutrition Action Health Letter
Discusses the inevitability of obesity in the United States. Information on obesity; Efforts to prevent obesity.
Obesity in children
Focuses on obesity in children. Information on obesity; Risk of obesity in adults; Causes of obesity; Syndromes that are associated with obesity;...
Too Big to Fit? Social Discrimination & Body Size
This section presents a bibliography on obesity.
Reports on the obesity problems in the U.S. Statistics of obese persons in the country; Health risks of obesity; Factors that contribute to obesity.
CHILDHOOD OBESITY: A 'BIG' PROBLEM
Addresses the incidence of obesity in children.
Mangia meno (eat less)
BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition)
Opinion. Discusses ethical issues about obesity. Discrimination against obese people; Health concerns in obesity; Treatment of obesity.
Can genes be blamed for obesity?
Discusses the role of genes in obesity. Health risks of obesity; Prevalence of obesity in Australia; Genes responsible for obesity. INSET: Student...
Preface (Hot Topic: Medicinal Strategies in the Treatment of Obesity Guest Editor: Akio Inui)
Current Medicinal Chemistry - Central Nervous System Agents
Focuses on the treatment of obesity. Diseases associated with obesity; Strategies of obesity treatment; Advances in anti-obesity therapeutics.
LETTERS: Stop blaming GPs for the nation's obesity
GP: General Practitioner
Presents a letter to the editor on obesity.
Public Policy Statement on Obesity and Health
Nutrition in Clinical Care
Presents the public policy statement on obesity and health in the United States. Prevalence of obesity in the country; Description of obesity;...
Obesity Articles A-Z
- A Call to Pediatric Nurse Practitioners in Battling the Childhood Obesity Epidemic
- A pharmacologic approach to obesity
- A SHOCKING FAT
- A weight off your mind
- A weighty issue
- ABC of Nutrition: OBESTITY: DIAGNOSIS AND RISKS
- Acting on Australia's health: A study in obesity
- Advances and retreats in the pharmacotherapy of obesity
- Airflow Limitation in Morbidly Obese, Nonsmoking Men
- America Suffers from an Epidemic of Obesity
- America's Fattest Cities 2003
- Appetite Suppressants as Adjuncts in the Treatment of Obesity
- Are the Fat More Jolly?
- As the U.S. wins die war against hunger, it's losing the battle against weight gain
- Asia Fattens
- Author Index
- Baby fat
- Baby's weight unrelated to mother's obesity
- Breaking New Ground in Obesity Prevention
- Breastfeeding Reduces Risk of Obesity
- Can Being Overweight Cause Cancer?
- Can genes be blamed for obesity?
- Cancer and Obesity Clearly Linked
- Caring for obese obstetric patients
- CHEWING THE FAT
- Childhood Obesity and Risk of Cardiovascular Disease: A Review of the Science
- CHILDHOOD OBESITY ON THE RISE
- Childhood Obesity
- CHILDHOOD OBESITY: A 'BIG' PROBLEM
- Childhood obesity: a public health threat
- Childhood obesity: time for action, not complacency
- Childhood Obesity: Time for Action, Not Complacency
- Children and choice
- Children in Hospitals
- COUCH-POTATO PETS
- Countertransference and the Obese Patient
- CPD quiz: Obesity
- De-Supersizing a Fat Nation
- Does adipocyte hypercellularity in obesity exist?
- Don't mention the â€˜Fâ€™ word
- downsize not supersize
- Drug Therapy for Obesity
- easing the pain
- Energy Balance and Obesity
- England confronts 'globesity'
- Epic proportions
- European plan to put obesity on governments' health agenda
- Every Body Is Beautiful
- Evidence for existence of two types of massive obesity
- Examination Questions
- FAT AMERICA
- Fat Cats, Plump Pups
- Fat chance
- Fatties are green
- Fearfully fat
- Fight the fat
- Fighting obesity
- Fixing a Fat Nation
- For More Information
- Forks vs. feet
- Further Reading
- Gastric Bypass Improves Diabetes and Hypertension
- Genetics, environment and obesity
- Get FIT, Not FAT
- Getting to grips with OBESITY
- Globalization of obesity
- go ask your mother
- Halting the Obesity Epidemic: A Public Health Policy Approach
- HEADLINE FROM THE FUTURE
- How I ensure my patients are well-motivated to lose weight
- Human Culture and the Global Epidemic of Obesity
- It Can Happen to You
- It's a fat, fat world
- Letter to the Editor: Childhood Obesity
- Letters: How to lose weight: stop eating
- LETTERS: Stop blaming GPs for the nation's obesity
- Like mother like daughter
- Managing obesity
- Mangia meno (eat less)
- Medical Care for Obese Patients: Advice for Health Care Professionals
- More on the Obesity Problem
- More Than Seat Belt Extenders
- Nature and Nurture in Childhood Obesity
- New Insights in Obesity
- NIH Clinical Guidelines on Obesity: A Summary
- NY can't find diet for obese kids
- Obesity (Book Review)
- Obesity and Hypertension
- Obesity And Obesity Related Diseases Among Ethnic Minorities
- Obesity and Your Pet: a Natural Approach
- Obesity as a Risk Factor for Heart Disease: An Overview
- Obesity Has Become An Epidemic Among Our Children
- Obesity impacts life insurance
- Obesity in African American Women
- Obesity in America
- Obesity in America: Heavy news
- Obesity in America: Inevitable?
- Obesity in Childhood and Adolescence: Epidemiology, Etiology, Clinical Diagnosis and Management
- Obesity in children
- Obesity Network for health professionals
- Obesity Society's journal gets new publisher
- Obesity threatens UK plc
- Obesity ï¿½ part one
- Obesity, diabetes continue to be major health threats
- Obesity--time to wake up
- Obesity-prostate Ca link is multifactorial, complex
- Obesity: it is up to us
- Obesity: Myths and realities
- Oh, my aching bones!
- On the scale of it
- OUR BODIES, OUR SELVES
- OUR FEAR OF OBESITY
- Our kids & the BIG FAT PROBLEM
- Overweight and obesity in European children and adolescents: causes and consequences, treatment and prevention: An introduction
- Overweight or severely overweight?
- Overweight population a burden to state
- PEDIATRIC OBESITY
- Pound foolish: Public-health groups' claims misleading
- Preface (Hot Topic: Medicinal Strategies in the Treatment of Obesity Guest Editor: Akio Inui)
- Prevention of Obesity in Young Children: A Critical Challenges for Medical Professionals
- PRINCIPLES FOR PRACTICE
- Public Policy Statement on Obesity and Health
- Report finds childhood obesity not as big as it looks
- Resource on Eating Disorders and Obesity
- Scientists Say . . . TV Can Make You Gain Weight
- Screening and Interventions for Obesity in Adults
- Second to US in Obesity, Mexico Wants Kids to Slim Down
- Series on Obesity Nutrition and Exercise in Obesity Management (Book)
- SIX REASONS
- SMALL STEPS CAN WIN THE WEIGHT BATTLE
- Some Psychological and Social Factors Present in the Condition of Obesity
- Speak Up!
- Speakout Against Fat Hatred
- State-Specific Prevalance of Obesity Among Adults with Disabilities--Eight States and the District of Columbia, 1998-1999
- Stubborn Prejudice
- Successful Management of the Obese Patient
- Supersize me
- Surgical Treatment of Morbid Obesity: Who Is It For?
- Survival of the fittest
- Tackling obesity in primary care
- Take A Hike, Junior
- Take our survey and win!
- The "Dynamic Epidemiology" of Obesity: Knowledge to Help Improve Our Ability to Manage the Condition
- THE BOTTOM LINE ABOUT FAT
- The Changing Lifestyle in the World
- The emerging science of body weight regulation and its impact on obesity treatment
- The Ethics of Promoting Weight Loss
- The fats on obesity
- The Girth of a Nation
- The Global Epidemic of Obesity: Why Global Approaches Won't Work
- THE GP RECORD
- The Hot Topic
- The Impact of Bariatric Surgery on Severely Obese Patients With Diabetes
- The investigation and management of obesity
- The Near Future
- The new paradigm of trust
- The Obesity Myth (Book)
- THE PLEASURE PRINCIPLE
- THE STRANGE CASE OF JACK SPRAT
- The Surgical Treatment of Obesity: A Personal Perspective
- The Weigh We Were
- THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD
- There's no `free' lunch
- Tracking obesity into adulthood
- Treating obesity
- Trends in Global Obesity
- USPSTF recommends obesity screening for all patients
- Wanted: sex drive
- Weight And Cancer: More Links Uncovered
- Weight of evidence
- Weighty epidemic
- When Might Obesity Surgery Be Right?
- Where Are We with the Issue of Kids and Weight?
- Where Do You Fit in the Fight Against Fat?
- Why We're Losing the War Against Obesity
- Your views on... childhood obesity