High quality essays written by experts on medicare are presented. Essays discuss the history of Medicare in the U.S., the reasons and purposes for which it was created, and the ongoing costs associated with it. Major events and key terms and definitions are also provided.
BY THE NUMBERS.
A chart is presented depicting the changes in Medicare plans in every state of the U.S. in 2007-2008.
An Age-Old Dilemma.
The author reflects on the problem of uninsured old people who can't afford to buy insurance and doesn't qualify for Medicare yet. She believes that...
Medicare at Forty.
Health Care Financing Review
This year marks the 40th anniversary of the Medicare Program. Medicare has achieved its two basic goals of ensuring access to care for elderly and...
Westchester County Business Journal
The article focuses on the restriction by doctors of the number of Medicare patients they take in the U.S.
Medicare fix still elusive
New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008)
Focuses on the collapse of Medicare in Louisiana. Flaws of Medicare; Design of Medicare; Issue of solvency.
Let's Get Serious
People's Medical Society Newsletter
Comments on the Medicare reform program in the United States. Key to the Medicare changes; Trends in Medicare; Problems facing Medicare beneficiaries.
U.S. Operates Top Drug Ring In The Nation
Investors Business Daily
Medicare has a drug problem.
MEDICARE'S ROLE AND FUTURE CHALLENGES
JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association
Statistics are presented on the role of Medicare and its challenges which include Medicare spending, Medicare beneficiaries and Medicare's balancing...
Medicare Update For Financial Advisors
National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services
Reports on the problems of seniors entering Medicare. Changes in Medicare plans affecting the aged; Range of Medicare coverage; Costs of Medicare to...
Medicare approved arthritis kit scam
Twin Cities News (Munday, TX)
The article reports on Medicare scam that is called Medicare Approved Arthritis kit.
Medicare offers tools for picking the right hospital
Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley
The article reviews the Medicare web site, located at www.Medicare.gov.
Medicare+Choice seen doubling by 2009
Forecasts the enrollment for Medicare+Choice, a program of Medicare in the United States, by 2009.
Why Medicare's a mess
Crain's Chicago Business
Presents graphs on Medicare in Illinois. Total Medicare program payments; Number of Medicare enrollees; Per-enrollee Medicare payments; Consumer...
Las Vegas Business Press
Provides a correction related to Medicare reimbursement.
Understand the basics of supplemental insurance
Answers questions about Medicare in the U.S. Reimbursement in Medicare claims; Supplemental policies underlying Medicare; Issues on Medicare billing.
With shift to evidence-based medicine, adding Medicare patients can build revenue and results
The article presents questions and answers related to Medicare, including the reduction in the number of Medicare patients, dismissing a non-...
Presents recommendations for improving Medicare. Background on Medicare's successes; Factors precipitating congressional proposals to change...
Let's get state of Medicare back on path
Free Press (Buda, TX)
The article speculates on the future financing of Medicare.
Medicare's bloated budget must be reduced
USA Today Magazine
Discusses Congress and President Bill Clinton's administration's views on Medicare. Senate and House's Medicare proposals; How many persons Medicare...
What Do You Think?
The article presents questions and answers related to Medicare and speech language pathologist (SLP) including Medicare reimbursement, Medicare...
Medicare Articles A-Z
- (ASSISTANCE) Medicare Rights Professional Support Services Available
- (CMS) Agency Outlines Medicare Health, Drug Plan Coverage for 2010
- `Mandatory' seminars may not be necessary
- `Trillion-dollar tax hike'
- A CLEAR CHOICE
- A Medicare reform primer
- AAO endorses `means test'
- Ailing Medicare program needs radical surgery
- Almost 65? What you need to know about Medicare
- AMA Survey Shows Medicare Payment Cuts To MDs, Other Professions Will Hrt Access Of Seniors To Care
- AMA unveils campaign to reform Medicare system
- An agent of Bush?
- Another surgeon to opt out of Medicare
- Appeal rejected claims immediately or count on being denied proper reimbursement
- Audiovisual media: Video
- Bad Prescription
- Be in the office at time of BP check
- Beneficiary perspective
- Beyond Basic Medicare: Understanding Medicare Supplemental Coverage
- Billing for B12 injections, with or without anemia
- Billing for phone time spent on home health care
- Blue Cross OK'd to offer Medicare plan in Kootenai, Bonner counties
- Blues forms national network for managed-care Medicare
- Book reviews: Science & technology
- Brave new world
- Budget negotiations deadlocked
- BULLETIN WARNS ABOUT HOSPICE FRAUD
- BY THE NUMBERS MEDICARE / MEDICAID
- BY THE NUMBERS MEDICARE/MEDICAID
- BY THE NUMBERS
- Can I bill a consult fee for preoperative clearance?
- Choosing the correct code to bill for PSA testing
- Clinton still playing politics with Medicare
- CNE questions
- Co-payments and outpatients
- Collecting up front from Medicare patients
- Compliance: a lose-lose situation?
- Congress Fails to Act on Medicare
- Congress' Medicare 'fix' just broke again
- Congressional commission on entitlement spending reform weighs options; could cut Medicare and
- Consider billing for some unrelated services
- Costs of Treatment Higher than Reimbursement for Some Neurovascular Conditions
- Counseling reimbursement rules are specific
- CURING MEDICARE
- Cuts in Australian Medicare
- Cutting fat or bone?
- Daschle cool to Medicare commission
- DESKTOP RESOURCE
- Diabetic Orthotics
- Disabled Patients Skew Medicare Rx Benefit Design
- Distribution of Medicare enrollees and program payments, by payment per enrollee
- Do this homework before taking on risk
- Dually Eligible Medicare Beneficiaries
- Efforts to fix Medicare ignore basics
- Empire sticks with Medicare HMO
- Ever-changing rules keep staffers busy
- Everybody in! Nobody out!
- Find out if patients are in an HMO
- Five ways to cover the gaps in Medicare
- GOP plan would save Medicare by cutting costs
- GOP raises curtain on ambitious Medicare plan
- Health care fact
- Health maintenance organizations offer state's elderly more choices
- HealthPocket Study: Medicare Advantage Cheapest Option for New Medicare Enrollee
- Higher Medicare rates good news for employers
- Hospital Medicare margins up
- How to Choose the Medicare Option That's Right For You
- I was wrong. Medicare is great!
- I'm Back
- If Medicare isn't harnessed
- Incremental health system reform: Where Medicare fits in
- Independent BC Continuing Medicare+Choice in 5 S.E. Pennsylvania Countries Into 2003
- Know when to use different Medicare fee schedules
- Lame-duck hopes
- Lawmakers Seek Physicians' Comment on Medicare
- Let's Get Serious
- Let's get state of Medicare back on path
- Let's Learn Medicare! --2nd Edition Of Training Manual And Reference Guide For Professionals
- LETTER FROM THE PRESIDENT
- Longevity does not run up Medicare expenditures
- Managed care 1998
- MEDICARE ADVANTAGE
- Medicare Advantage: An Overview
- Medicare advocacy heats up during summer recess
- Medicare and coding update webinars: What you don't know can hurt you
- Medicare And Medicaid Defined
- Medicare approved arthritis kit scam
- Medicare Audit
- Medicare benefits
- Medicare cards gaining ground, say sponsors
- Medicare cards still underutilized, doctors report
- Medicare Drug Benefits to Change January 1, 2006
- Medicare fix still elusive
- Medicare for people with disabilities under 65 years old
- Medicare hospital fees will be frozen
- Medicare implications of discounts to the uninsured
- Medicare insolvency
- Medicare isn't going away
- Medicare managed care: Numbers and trends
- MEDICARE MATTERS
- Medicare muddle
- Medicare News
- Medicare Now and in the Future (Book)
- Medicare offers tools for picking the right hospital
- Medicare on autopilot and flying into a medical emergency
- Medicare panel is business as usual in D.C
- Medicare Part D: Who Wins, Who Loses?
- Medicare pilot programs offer reward-based pay
- Medicare Play-by-Play: A Review of Theodore Marmor's The Politics of Medicare
- Medicare politics at work
- Medicare program close to collapse
- Medicare proposal sounds like step toward single-payer
- Medicare rated high
- Medicare reform debate moves to Capitol Hill
- Medicare reform
- Medicare Scare
- Medicare to Pay 8.4 Percent More per Enrollee in Managed Care Plans
- Medicare Update For Financial Advisors
- Medicare's Big Reach
- Medicare's bloated budget must be reduced
- Medicare's crisis: Financial and moral
- Medicare's origin: The economics and politics of dependency
- MEDICARE'S ROLE AND FUTURE CHALLENGES
- Medicare's worth is on the rise
- Medicare+Choice seen doubling by 2009
- Medicare--fought for years, then embraced
- Medicare: Medicine's last great gravy train
- Money Mystery at Medicare
- More and more, doctors are choosing to take assignment
- More HMOs to cut Medicare participation
- Much talk but little action likely on Medicare pharmacy benefit
- New provider number needed for physician assistant
- No advantage
- ObamaCare boosts Accenture
- Our web poll
- Overview of the Medicare program
- Part B Questions & Answers
- Physicians lobby to stop more Medicare payment cuts
- PPRC: RESTRUCTURE CAREFULLY
- Profile of persons with disabilities in Medicare and Medicaid
- Prolonged services: When you go the extra mile
- Public-health enemy no. 1: Medicare fraud
- Recent Action in the Congress
- Red Flags for Medicare Audits
- Reimbursement answers to critical care questions
- Reimbursement: What to expect
- Remarks on the 38th Anniversary of Medicare
- Rethinking Medicare
- Right To Life Organization In New York Calls For Medicare Options
- Savings plan
- Second rate
- Self-injectable medicines touted
- Settlements must sort out future needs
- Skipping claims for drug injections: Legal or not?
- Speak Out
- The Future of Healthcare Delivery: Computer-Assisted Diagnosis, Computer-Assisted Medicine
- The Implications of Regional Variations in Medicare--What Does It Mean for Medicare?
- The Medicare Challenge
- The Medicare Drug Bill
- The Move to Destroy Medicare
- The mysteries of Medicare explained in black and white
- The Origins of Medicare
- The political economy of Medicare
- The Problem Isn't Payment: Medicare and the Reform of End-of-Life Care
- The steamroller heads for medicosts
- The wrong and right ways to reform Medicare
- Tough Times Bring New Challenges for Medicare
- Trade-off or trap?
- Transforming Medicare
- U.S. Operates Top Drug Ring In The Nation
- Uncap the rich
- Understand the basics of supplemental insurance
- Understanding Medicare
- Video reviews
- What Do You Think?
- What happens when a doctor doesn't take Medicare?
- What to tell your patients when their medicare managed care plan quits
- White House credits healthcare reform law for record fraud bust
- Why Medicare's a mess
- Will Medicare reforms increase managed care enrollment?
- With shift to evidence-based medicine, adding Medicare patients can build revenue and results
- You Be the Coder
- Your Options with regard to Medicare