- Social And Moral Obligations Of High School Graduates. Chick, C.A. // Vital Speeches of the Day;8/15/59, Vol. 25 Issue 21, p658
Presents the text of a speech given by Economics Professor C.A. Chick Sr. on May 27, 1959, concerning the social and moral obligations of high school graduates.
- Campus Stories, or the Cat Beyond: CONFRONTING THE FALSENESS. Gillespie, Patti P. // Vital Speeches of the Day;2/1/88, Vol. 54 Issue 8, p235
Presents a speech by Patti P. Gillespie, president of the Speech Communication Association, delivered at the Annual Convention of the association in Boston, Massachusetts on November 7, 1987. Experience in a summer camp in Kenya; Views of her students on opportunities for African Americans and...
- Signs of Hope. Chick Sr., C.A. // Vital Speeches of the Day;9/15/54, Vol. 20 Issue 23, p724
Presents the text of a speech given by C.A. Chick Sr., professor of Economics and American Government at Fayetteville State Teachers College in Fayetteville, North Carolina, on July 27, 1954, which deals with the rise of nationalism in Africa.
- Introduction: Stories of Risk. Bingham, Shawn; Schipper, Janine // Humanity & Society;2012, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p103
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editors discussed various reports published within the issue including the presidential address delivered by Dennis Kalob, second-generation Yemeni women in Detroit, Michigan, and the historical analysis of African Americans in Cincinnati.
- Race, Realities, and American Education: Two Sides of the Coin. Jones-Wilson, Faustine C. // Journal of Negro Education;Spring90, Vol. 59 Issue 2, p119
The article presents a speech by Faustine C. Jones-Wilson, professor of the Howard University School of Education, delivered at the 1989 Charles H. Thompson Lecture-Colloquium. He compares the two side of the coin with respect to African American education. One side points that race, as it has...
- Closing Remarks. Daniel, Walter G. // Journal of Negro Education;Spring90, Vol. 59 Issue 2, p143
The article presents a speech by Walter G. Daniel, professor emeritus of education and former university historian at Howard University, delivered at the 1989 Charles H. Thompson Lecture-Colloquium. He discusses about race, reality, and American education. He also present a different...
- Donald Rumsfeld In Prague. // Vital Speeches of the Day;5/1/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 14, p442
Presents the text of a speech delivered by Religious Studies professor Peter Iver Kaufman at Davidson College Phi Beta Oration in North Carolina on April 1, 2003, which deals with the subject of oration.
- Guatemala, Central America and the Caribbean. Tambs, Lewis A. // Vital Speeches of the Day;9/1/81, Vol. 47 Issue 22, p677
Presents the text of a speech delivered by Lewis A. Tambs, professor of Latin American History, Arizona State University, to the U.S. House of Representatives Sub-Committee on Inter-American Affairs, Washington, D.C., on July 30, 1981 which dealt with Guatemala, Central America and the Caribbean.
- Those First Ten Years. // Vital Speeches of the Day;11/15/40, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p82
Presents the text of a speech given by Jay B. Nash, professor of education at New York University, on October 16, 1940, which deals with the education and development of children.