Signs of Hope
- Which Way? Chick, C.A. // Vital Speeches of the Day;10/1/52, Vol. 18 Issue 24, p764
Presents the text of a speech given by C.A. Chick, professor of economics and U.S. government at State Teachers College, on May 18, 1952 which deals with the future of African-Americans in southern U.S.
- Social And Moral Obligations Of High School Graduates. Chick, C.A. // Vital Speeches of the Day;8/15/59, Vol. 25 Issue 21, p658
Presents the text of a speech given by Economics Professor C.A. Chick Sr. on May 27, 1959, concerning the social and moral obligations of high school graduates.
- Problems Facing America. Jordan, Virgil // Vital Speeches of the Day;12/3/34, Vol. 1 Issue 5, p144
Presents a speech by Doctor Virgil Jordan, given before a broadcast over National Broadcasting System networks, dealing with the issue of problems facing the United States.
- Address to Young Democrats. Roosevelt, Franklin D. // Vital Speeches of the Day;9/9/35, Vol. 1 Issue 25, p778
Presents a speech by President Franklin Roosevelt, given before a broadcast to Young Democratic Clubs of America, dealing with the issue of politics in the United States. Achievements of the past Democrats.
- A Platform from the Repudiated Planks. Knox, Frank // Vital Speeches of the Day;9/9/35, Vol. 1 Issue 25, p789
Presents a speech by Frank Knox, given before the Genesee County Republican Field Day, dealing with the issue of politics in the United States. State of politics.
- Reply to President Roosevelt. Snell, Bertrand // Vital Speeches of the Day;9/9/35, Vol. 1 Issue 25, p794
Presents a speech by New York Representative Bertrand Snell, dealing with the issue of politics in the United States. State of politics in the U.S.
- The Connecticut Idea in Government. Bingham, Hiram // Vital Speeches of the Day;9/23/35, Vol. 1 Issue 26, p824
Presents a speech by former Senator Hiram Bingham, given before the Celebration f the Tercentenary of the Founding of State, dealing with the issue of Connecticut government. History of the government of Connecticut.
- How to Be Politically Correct. Trudeau, Garry // Nonprofit World;Sep/Oct98, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p55
Presents the text of the opening speech of the author at Yale University on how to be politically correct.
- America and the Polish Question. Kobiet, Jan // New Republic;8/10/18, Vol. 16 Issue 197, p44
Presents a speech on the issue of the independence of Poland after the war. Citation of the claim of U.S. President Woodrow Wilson regarding his support for a future democracy of self-directing nations the necessity of an autonomous, independent, and united Poland; Criticism on the actions of...