Keeping out of the bankers' clutches
- Sir Roger Cork A Life Remembered 1947-2002. Baker, Carol // Credit Control;2002, Vol. 23 Issue 6/7/8, p5
Pays tribute to Roger William Cork, a British corporate insolvency expert. Contributions to development in insolvency work; Achievements; Career highlights; Author's relationship with Cork.
- Stoys and Spicers to face JDS hearing. // Accountancy;Aug1997, Vol. 120 Issue 1248, p14
Reports on the efforts of insolvency specialist Roger Cork in helping the Cancer Research Campaign in Great Britain. Amount of sponsorship raised by Cork.
- City Sheriff. // Accountancy;Nov92, Vol. 110 Issue 1191, p16
Reports on the designation of Roger Cork, one of Coopers & Lybrand partners, as City Sheriff of London, England.
- NEW DEVELOPMENTS IN BUSINESS FORECASTING. Lapide, Larry // Journal of Business Forecasting Methods & Systems;Winter2000/2001, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p17
Presents updates in business forecasting. Distinctions among demand forecasting, planning and management; Use of software application functionality to support demand management process; Completion of the planning/forecast cycle to adhere to supply chain operations.
- Forecasting "Laws" for Management. Flores, Benito E.; Whybark, D. Clay // Business Horizons;Jul/Aug85, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p48
Focuses on the importance of forecasting laws on industrial management. Influence of economic forecast on planning processes; Analysis on the accuracy of the forecasting method; Effects of inaccurate forecasts on top management plans.
- Planning for uncertain futures: Building commitment through scenario planning. Werner, Manual // Business Horizons;May/Jun90, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p55
Focuses on the significance of scenario planning in business forecasting and management. Advantages of scenario planning; Characteristics of a scenario planning exercise; Emphasis on political and information aspects of the planning system.
- Successful businesses have knack for finding opportunities first. Bourque, Ron // New Hampshire Business Review;07/30/99, Vol. 21 Issue 17, p3
Discusses comparative approaches to building and using organizational competencies. Need for company pathfinders to forecast fruitful circumstances; Competitive edge of companies that have the capacity to quickly and effectively match its competencies with emerging opportunity.
- Forecasting clear skies. Milroy, Peter // CMA Management;Jun2002, Vol. 76 Issue 4, p24
Provides tips for effective business forecasting. Identification of constraints; Development of protective capacity plan; Analysis of aggregate forecast. INSETS: Productive, Protective, and Excess Capacity;Case Study.
- PRODUCTION, INDUSTRY, LABOR. // Reference & Research Book News;Feb2012, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p54
A bibliography on the subject of production, industry, and labor is presented which includes the books "Advances in Business and Management Forecasting," edited by Kenneth D. Lawrence and Ronald K. Klimberg, "Inter-Organizational Information Systems and Business Management: Theories for...