Independence day: A poignant reminder of the price of freedom in courage and personal sacrifice
- Ethiopian Independence. Sellassie, Haile // Vital Speeches of the Day;7/29/35, Vol. 1 Issue 22, p710
Presents a speech by Haile Sellassie, given before the Abyssinia Parliament, dealing with the issue of the independence of Ethiopia.
- The Bicentennial Era. // Vital Speeches of the Day;1/15/77, Vol. 43 Issue 7, p194
Presents the text of a speech delivered by Franklin Mint Corp. Chairman Charles L. Andes before the Pennsylvania Sons of the Revolution in Philadelphia on October 27, 1976, which focused on the 200th celebration of U.S. independence.
- The Challenge of Self-Regulation. Biegler, John C. // Vital Speeches of the Day;10/1/78, Vol. 44 Issue 24, p755
Presents the text of a speech delivered by John C. Biegler, senior partner of Price Waterhouse & Co., before the American Accounting Association in Denver, Colorado, on August 22, 1978, which deals with the challenge of self-regulation in the accounting profession.
- Who Seeks to Commit Us to World Revolution? Hart, Merwin K. // Vital Speeches of the Day;7/15/42, Vol. 8 Issue 19, p588
Presents the text of a speech given by Merwin K. Hart, president of New York State Economic Council, on June 12, 1942 which deals with freedom and independence.
- Self-Determination for Palestine. Cattan, Henry // Vital Speeches of the Day;5/15/47, Vol. 13 Issue 15, p456
Presents the text of a speech given by Henry Cattan, a member of the Arab Higher Committee for Palestine, on May 9, 1947, which deals with the efforts of Arabs in Palestine to protect their independence.
- Interdependence In The Free World. // Vital Speeches of the Day;3/1/61, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p301
Presents the text of a speech given by The Earl of Home, Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs, on January 30, 1961 which deals with the need for interdependence in the free world.
- Maintaining The Independence And Freedom Of Pakistan. Khan, Mohammad Ayub // Vital Speeches of the Day;8/1/61, Vol. 27 Issue 20, p612
Presents the text of a speech given by Pakistan President Mohammad Ayub Khan on July 12, 1961, which addresses the problems associated with maintaining the independence and freedom of Pakistan.
- 'We Will Do More': 'A DECLARATION OF OBLIGATION' Wilson, Willard M. // Vital Speeches of the Day;7/15/62, Vol. 28 Issue 19, p585
Presents the text of a speech delivered by Willard M. Wilson, secretary of the American Petroleum Institute, on June 3, 1962, which deals with the preservation of national independence and moral obligation.
- Independence and World Citizenship. Cecil, Andrew R. // Vital Speeches of the Day;8/1/80, Vol. 46 Issue 20, p622
Presents the text of a speech delivered by Andrew R. Cecil, distinguished scholar in residence, University of Texas at Dallas, before the Rotary Club of Dallas, Dallas, Texas on July 9, 1980 which dealt with independence and world citizenship.