AD-IN/AD-OUT: DECIDING VICTORY AND DEFEAT IN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION LEGAL CONTESTATIONS
- Journal of the Communication, Speech & Theatre Association of North Dakota. VanHorn, Shannon Borke // Journal of the Communication, Speech & Theatre Association of No;2012/2013, Vol. 25, preceding p1
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including undergraduate students, academicians and speech.
- Deaths... Mary Ann "Mac" Carpenter. // ASHA Leader;Nov2016, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p22
The article presents an obituary for speech-language pathologist (SLP), Mary Ann "Mac" Carpenter.
- SPEECH RECOGNITION TECHNOLOGY IMPROVES INSTRUCTOR EFFECTIVENESS IN EVALUATING STUDENT WRITTEN.... Krumske Jr., William F.; Frazer, J. Douglas // AMA Winter Educators' Conference Proceedings;1995, Vol. 6, p28
Examines the effectiveness of marketing instructors in evaluating student written assignments. Implementation of speech recognition technology for student written assignments evaluation; Importance of integrating writing assignments into marketing courses; Benefits of implementing speech...
- Deaths... Patricia McGovern Sweeting. // ASHA Leader;Dec2015, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p24
The article presents an obituary for Patricia McGovern Sweeting, who studied speech-language pathology at Columbia University.
- Deaths... Robert Martin Screen. // ASHA Leader;Feb2016, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p22
The article presents an obituary for speech-language pathologist Robert Martin Screen, a member of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA).
- Donald Rumsfeld In Prague. // Vital Speeches of the Day;5/1/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 14, p442
Presents the text of a speech delivered by Religious Studies professor Peter Iver Kaufman at Davidson College Phi Beta Oration in North Carolina on April 1, 2003, which deals with the subject of oration.
- Those First Ten Years. // Vital Speeches of the Day;11/15/40, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p82
Presents the text of a speech given by Jay B. Nash, professor of education at New York University, on October 16, 1940, which deals with the education and development of children.
- Weasels and Chameleons. Boas, Ralph Philip // Education;Jan1944, Vol. 64 Issue 5, p259
The article presents a speech by Ralph Philip Boas, English Professor at Wheaton College in Norton, Massachusetts, delivered before the New England Association of Teachers of English, November 27, 1943. He discusses the implications of Shakespeare's work on the major source of man's mental...
- Lilly Cheng. Ervin, Margaret // ASHA Leader;09/19/2000, Vol. 5 Issue 18, p26
Profiles professor Lilly Cheng of the San Diego State University Department of Communicative Disorders in San Diego, California. Professional background; Views on the increasing use of the Internet; Her views on what can speech-language clinicians do to respond to the changes brought about by...