In Search of New Frontiers
- The Kashmir Dispute. Gurmani, M.A. // Vital Speeches of the Day;5/15/51, Vol. 17 Issue 15, p466
Presents the text of a speech given by M.A. Gurmani, Pakistani minister for Kashmir Affairs, on April 16, 1951, which deals with the question of the accession of Jammu and Kashmir State to India or Pakistan.
- Remarks on Implementation of the 'Smart Border' Declaration and Action Plan in Detroit, Michigan September 9, 2002. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;9/16/2002, Vol. 38 Issue 37, p1521
Presents the text of a speech by U.S. President George W. Bush, on September 9, 2002, which deals with the implementation of the smart border declaration and action plan.
- The Kashmir Dispute. Khan, Mohammad Ayub // Vital Speeches of the Day;10/15/65, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p8
Presents the text of a speech given by Pakistani President Mohammad Ayub Khan on October 2, 1965, concerning the military and territory dispute in Kashmir, India.
- Just Say 'No' to Guest Worker Plan. Jeffrey, Terence P. // Human Events;12/5/2005, Vol. 61 Issue 41, p1
The article presents the author's view on the immigration-reform speech of U.S. President George W. Bush delivered in December 2005. The speech raises the question of whether he will hold the security of U.S. borders hostage until the U.S. Congress enacts a temporary worker program. The author...
- Affairs of U.S. Territories. Chapman, Oscar // Vital Speeches of the Day;11/5/34, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p83
Presents the text of a speech given by U.S. Department of the Interior Assistant Secretary Oscar Chapman on October 10, 1934, which deals with the U.S. territories.
- Joint Statement by President George W. Bush and Prime Minister Jean Chretien on Implementation of the 'Smart Border' Declaration and Action Plan September 9, 2002. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;9/16/2002, Vol. 38 Issue 37, p1523
Presents the joint statement by U.S. President George W. Bush and Canadian Prime Minister Jean Chretien, on September 9, 2002, which deals with the implementation of the smart border declaration and action plan.
- Statement on Congressional Passage of Southwest Border Security Legislation. Obama, Barack H. // Daily Compilation of Presidential Documents;8/12/2010, p1
The article presents the text of a statement issued by U.S. President Barack H. Obama on August 12, 2010 on the congressional passage of Southwest border security legislation in the U.S., in which he spoke about the need to secure the Southwest border, key issues relating to national security,...
- Obama's speech: Defending the 'indefensible'? Silverman, Jared // New Jersey Jewish News;5/5/2011, Vol. 65 Issue 18, p20
The author discusses the impact of speech given by the U.S. President Barack Obama in May 2011 on the issue of Israel-Palestine conflict. He is critical of the fact that Obama's speech regarding switching back to the borders of 1967 tempted many national and international organizations to come...
- A Few Circumstances and Opinions Regarding the Further Stabilization of Ethnic Border Regions. // Chinese Law & Government;May/Jun2012, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p19
The article presents a speech by comrade Jiang Zemin delivered at the symposium held during the Sixth Plenary Meeting of the 13th Chinese Party Congress in China regarding the issue of stabilization of ethnic b1order regions in the country. He mentions the interest shown by the state council,...