Epoch-Making Changes in Business Today
- Erasing the Differences. McCormick, Richard D. // Executive Speeches;Oct/Nov98, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p6
Presents a speech made by the chairman of U S West Inc., on February 19, 1998, at the Equal Employment Advisory Council in Washington, D.C., on business.
- Getting The Message Across. Ross, James A. // Training & Development Journal;Feb67, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p38
Discusses how speeches can be used to further the interests of a company. Components of speech preparation and delivery; Importance of an outline; Introductions; Language; Rehearsal; Delivery; Element of enthusiasm.
- Digital presentations: Make your delivery effective. Brandt, D. Scott // Computers in Libraries;May98, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p35
Discusses the delivery of digital presentations. Three questions to consider when giving any presentation; What can make or break a presentation; Tricks of the trade; The author's thoughts on what makes for a good digital presentation.
- Association overview of Empire Zone. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;2/11/2002, Vol. 12 Issue 23, p32
Reports on the speaking engagement of Columbia County Empire Zone director Todd Erling in New York. Advantages of the Empire Zone program; Interests of the business owners; Discussion on human resource strategies.
- Emerging Questions and Research Paradigms in Business Communication Research. Smeltzer, Larry R. // Journal of Business Communication;Apr93, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p181
This is the Outstanding Researcher Award Lecture presented at the 1992 Annual Meeting of the Association for Business Communication. Each year the Association considers nominees for the Outstanding Researcher Award and Larry R. Smeltzer is the second person to receive the award. In what may...
- Business Speeches. // American Speaker;Aug2010, p11
The article discusses different kinds of business speeches, including speeches for facilitating communication with employees, dedication speeches, addresses made at shareholders' meetings, and complimentary speeches.
- Open your speech with 'fire'. // Executive Leadership;Nov2012, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p6
The article focuses on how to organize the first minute of a speech, adapted from the article "Well Said!," by Darlene Price.
- A world of opportunity. Welch Jr., John F. // Credit World;MAR/APR93, Vol. 81 Issue 4, p36
Reprints the speech by the author presented at the New England Council's 1992 Private Sector New Englander of the Year Award in Boston Massachusetts on November 11, 1992.
- PRESENTATION FOR THE PROFESSIONAL. Janner, Greville // Accountancy;Nov88, Vol. 102 Issue 1143, p125
Offers advice to accountants on how to make professional business presentations. Need to look at people to whom one is talking; Structure of the message; Techniques for building energy, excitement and enthusiasm in one's speech; Consequences of failure in private and public presentations.