The creative conservative
Tags: WILSON, Pete
- Wilson offers half a loaf with tort reform plan. Fine, Howard // Orange County Business Journal;3/10/97, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p8
Discusses a tort reform proposal which was presented by California's Governor Pete Wilson. Stipulations of the proposal; Effects on legal processes; Reference to Democrats disapproval of this type of proposal.
- Wilson's California agenda could be recipe for the US. Wood, Daniel B. // Christian Science Monitor;1/9/95, Vol. 87 Issue 30, p1
Reports on the possibility of Republican Gov. Pete Wilson being short-listed for the 1996 presidential race. Wilson's political career; Importance of the state of California on his presidential race performance; Analysts views on Wilson.
- Wilson tries on two hats, but many criticize the fit. Wood, Daniel B. // Christian Science Monitor;7/17/95, Vol. 87 Issue 161, p3
Focuses on the controversy surrounding California Governor Pete Wilson's increasing absence from the state and the resultant negligence of official duties owing to his 1996 presidential campaign. Problems created due to his absence; Criticism faced; Stand taken by Lt. Governor Gray Davis on the...
- Pete Wilson: California's comeback kid? Sneider, Daniel // Christian Science Monitor;1/8/96, Vol. 88 Issue 29, p4
Profiles Pete Wilson, who will be reintroducing himself to the American people after his failure to become a Presidential nominee. Comments from Byron Sher, a northern California Democrat; Information on Wilson's political career; Wilson's hopes for the future.
- California Governor Wilson. MacLachlan, Suzanne; Mutch, David // Christian Science Monitor;5/8/95, Vol. 87 Issue 113, p2
Reports California Governor Wilson's accusations against his enemies on the issue of an illegal immigrant maid he hired in 1978.
- Setting the stage for a California comeback. Wilson, Pete // Vital Speeches of the Day;3/1/93, Vol. 59 Issue 10, p292
Presents a speech, `Setting the Stage for a California Comeback,' by the governor of the state of California, delivered before the State Legislature in Sacremento, California on January 6, 1993, in which he presented his State of the State Address.
- Wilson watch. // Human Events;5/5/95, Vol. 51 Issue 17, p18
Reports that California Governor Pete Wilson is a candidate for the Republican nomination for President in 1996. Controversy over Wilson's telephone bank which raised pledges for his presidential bid; Celebrities who supported Wilson's campaign; George Gorton as Wilson's overall campaign manager.
- Will Wilson run after all? // Human Events;6/16/95, Vol. 51 Issue 23, p4
Profiles Republican Governor Pete Wilson of California. Problems dogging his campaign; Hiring of Craig Fuller as campaign chairman; Lack of funds; Throat operation that has left Wilson speechless; Announcement that he will not force his pro-abortion views on the Republican Party platform;...
- Pete Wilson kisses no ass. Shapiro, Walter // Esquire;Jun95, Vol. 123 Issue 6, p56
Focuses on California Governor Pete Wilson. Wilson's character; Pledge on the campaign trail; Pro-choice stand; Interview with Wilson.