THREE TYPES OF COURAGE
- Educational Orientations of Faculty in Liberal Arts Colleges: An Analysis of Disciplinary Differences. Stark, Joan S.; Morstain, Barry R. // Journal of Higher Education;Sep/Oct1978, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p421
The article focuses on the analysis of the disciplinary differences in the educational orientation of the faculty in liberal arts colleges in the U.S. The author states that the study attempts to answer two questions. The first question involves the views of liberal college faculty on...
- Liberal Education & Global Community. Nussbaum, Martha // Liberal Education;Winter2004, Vol. 90 Issue 1, p42
Investigates the role of liberal education at the college and university level in the process of forming imaginative and compassionate world citizens. Importance of the idea of liberal education; Explanation on why the ideal of liberal education has been taking root around the world; Reason the...
- PAGE 12: BACTERIA BUSTER. // Scholastic SuperScience (Teacher's Edition);Jan2002, Vol. 13 Issue 4, pT4
Examines the ways of reducing the spread of germs through experimenting. Materials needed for the experiment; Abilities necessary in doing scientific inquiry; Tips on preventing germs from spreading great distances.
- Deconstruction contexts in interpreting methodology. Watson, Heather; Wood-Harper, Trevor // Journal of Information Technology (Routledge, Ltd.);Mar1996, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p59
This paper considers how a methodology's theory and practice shapes contexts for interpretation. With these two terms as starting points, we also address a paradoxical situation: any description of interpreting contexts is bound to leave something out. To address this, we propose deconstruction...
- Managing the Inquiry Learning Environment. Pappas, Marjorie L. // School Library Media Activities Monthly;Mar2000, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p27
Discusses inquiry learning. Definition; Essential element of inquiry learning; Description of the environment for inquiry learning.
- ASK THE PROFESSIONAL. // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);11/28/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 48, p15
The article presents the answers of notable people to questions asked by the readers.
- Editorial. Culleton, Alfredo // Filosofia UNISINOS;mai-ago2012, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p95
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the guest editors discuss the best philosophical inquiry results in Brazil.
- Why One Shouldnâ€™t Make an Example of a Brain in a Vat. Davies, David // Analysis;Jan1997, Vol. 57 Issue 1, p51
Discusses the impact of skeptical strategy on the attempt to block the attempt to use brain in vat argument. Achievement of ideally rational inquiry; Emergence of revised skeptical strategy; Revision of the skeptical hypothesis.
- CREATIVE INQUIRY: THE ROLE OF THE PREPARED MIND. Moorman, Christine // AMA Winter Educators' Conference Proceedings;1984, p53
Explores the paradox of prepared mind in inquiry and marketing practices. Analysis on the paradox and premises of objectivity; Ability to overcome the barriers of self; Measurement on the potentials for creativity and Taoism.