The Iron Triangle's Impact on the Federal Budget
- Our Domestic and International Deficits. Marotta, George // Vital Speeches of the Day;2/1/86, Vol. 52 Issue 8, p234
Presents a speech by George Marotta, senior research fellow at the Hoover Institution of Stanford University, delivered at the Pacific Union College in Angwrin, California on November 11, 1985. Budget deficit facing the U.S.; Major factors affecting the international economic environment;...
- Economic Policy: Fiscal Policy and Outlook. // Hong Kong Country Monitor;Feb2012, p13
The article reports on the budget deficit for fiscal year 2009 and 2010 because of aggressive spending in Hong Kong, China.
- Amendment Needed For Albany's Irresponsible Budget. Barclay, Will // Business Journal (Central New York);5/1/2009, Vol. 23 Issue 18, p25
In this article the author discusses the unsustainable taxes in Albany, New York. He suggests that Albany must stop its tradition of overspending each year in order to bring greater tax relief. He believes that state leaders must seek solutions to the budget deficit and establish an environment...
- Back on track, but still wary. // Furniture/Today;4/9/2012, Vol. 36 Issue 31, p2
The article offers the author's insights regarding the indications on the overspending in the U.S. that was reported by the U.S. Department of Commerce.
- How to shrink the U.S. budget deficit. Marotta, George // Vital Speeches of the Day;10/15/95, Vol. 62 Issue 1, p13
Presents a speech by Stanford University Hoover Institution Research Fellow, given before the Kenna Club of Santa Clara University in California on September 15, 1995, dealing with the United States balance budget amendment and line item veto. Deficit as of the fiscal year ending September 30,...
- Dealing with Deficits. Weidenbaum, Murray L. // Vital Speeches of the Day;12/1/82, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p117
Presents the text of a speech given by Murray L. Weidenbaum, Mallinckrodt distinguished university professor at the Washington University, on October 29, 1982, which deals with U.S. budget deficit and the rise in federal spending.
- Honorable John Kline. Kline, John // Congressional Digest;Nov2009, Vol. 88 Issue 9, p269
The article presents a speech by John Kline, a congressman representing Minnesota, delivered in the U.S. house of representatives on September 167, 2009 in which he expressed his lack of support for the Student Aid and Fiscal Responsibility Act, the expansion of the federal government and the...
- The Gold Losses: FUTILITY OF EASY MONEY. Exter, John // Vital Speeches of the Day;7/1/62, Vol. 28 Issue 18, p572
Presents the text of the speech delivered by John Exter, senior vice president of the First National City Bank, New York, New York, before the Economic Club of Detroit, Michigan on May 7, 1962, concerning balance of payments deficits.
- Saving our Nation's Future: An Intergovernmental Challenge. Walker, David M. // Executive Speeches;Jun/Jul2005, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p21
Presents a speech by David M. Walker, U.S. Comptroller General, delivered at the Outlook 2005 Conference at the National Press Club in Washington, D.C., on February 2, 2005. Interrelated national deficits facing the U.S.; Importance of accurate and timely financial reporting; Threat posed by...