The Iron Triangle's Impact on the Federal Budget
- Our Domestic and International Deficits. Marotta, George // Vital Speeches of the Day;2/1/86, Vol. 52 Issue 8, p234
Presents a speech by George Marotta, senior research fellow at the Hoover Institution of Stanford University, delivered at the Pacific Union College in Angwrin, California on November 11, 1985. Budget deficit facing the U.S.; Major factors affecting the international economic environment;...
- Economic Policy: Fiscal Policy and Outlook. // Hong Kong Country Monitor;Feb2012, p13
The article reports on the budget deficit for fiscal year 2009 and 2010 because of aggressive spending in Hong Kong, China.
- Back on track, but still wary. // Furniture/Today;4/9/2012, Vol. 36 Issue 31, p2
The article offers the author's insights regarding the indications on the overspending in the U.S. that was reported by the U.S. Department of Commerce.
- Amendment Needed For Albany's Irresponsible Budget. Barclay, Will // Business Journal (Central New York);5/1/2009, Vol. 23 Issue 18, p25
In this article the author discusses the unsustainable taxes in Albany, New York. He suggests that Albany must stop its tradition of overspending each year in order to bring greater tax relief. He believes that state leaders must seek solutions to the budget deficit and establish an environment...
- How to shrink the U.S. budget deficit. Marotta, George // Vital Speeches of the Day;10/15/95, Vol. 62 Issue 1, p13
Presents a speech by Stanford University Hoover Institution Research Fellow, given before the Kenna Club of Santa Clara University in California on September 15, 1995, dealing with the United States balance budget amendment and line item veto. Deficit as of the fiscal year ending September 30,...
- The Battle of the Budget Bulge. Nourse, Edwin G. // Vital Speeches of the Day;6/15/50, Vol. 16 Issue 17, p526
Presents the text of a speech given by economist Edwin G. Nourse on May 2, 1950, which deals with budget deficits.
- Canada. Barrett, Matthew W. // Vital Speeches of the Day;3/15/89, Vol. 55 Issue 11, p345
Presents a speech by Matthew W. Barrett, president of the Bank of Montreal, delivered to the Hamilton and District Chamber of Commerce in Hamilton, Canada, on December 7, 1988. Performance of the Canada's economy; Risk of an increased budget deficit in 1989; Reasons for the negative effect of a...
- Granholm must be bold in making cuts. // Crain's Detroit Business;2/10/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p8
Comments on the State of the State address of the governor of Michigan Jennifer Granholm which is commented to be an effort to soften up voters and Legislatures for the realities of her budget address, scheduled for March 2003. Focus on finding a low-cost ways to improve educational system;...
- The Gold Losses: FUTILITY OF EASY MONEY. Exter, John // Vital Speeches of the Day;7/1/62, Vol. 28 Issue 18, p572
Presents the text of the speech delivered by John Exter, senior vice president of the First National City Bank, New York, New York, before the Economic Club of Detroit, Michigan on May 7, 1962, concerning balance of payments deficits.