Ecological Perspectives in Teaching Research
- Junior Sport and the Evolution of Sport Cultures. Siedentop, Daryl // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jul2002, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p392
Presents the text of a speech given by teacher Daryl Siedentop on November 1995, which deals with the subject of junior sport.
- Sport Education: A Retrospective. Siedentop, Daryl // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jul2002, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p409
Presents the text of a speech given by teacher Daryl Siedentop, which deals with the subject of sport education.
- Liber Amicorum . . . Honoring a Friend and Colleague. van der Mars, Hans; Tannehill, Deborah; O'Sullivan, Mary // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jul2002, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p363
Focuses on the life and works of physical education teacher Daryl Siedentop in the U.S. Educational background; Career highlights; Selection of papers to be included on the ' Journal of Teaching in Physical Education' May 2002 issue by Siedentop.
- Class size takes back seat. Wall, J. K. // Indianapolis Business Journal;1/24/2011, Vol. 31 Issue 48, p3A
The article focuses on the statement of Indiana Governor Mitch Daniels concerning teacher quality on his State of the State address during the Indiana General Assembly on January 11, 2011. He says that teacher quality is more essential compared to poverty that makes children successful. He...
- Bye Bye Consultants - Hello Sport Education. Schendel, Cindy // Illinois Journal for Health, Physical Education, Recreation & Da;Spring2006, Vol. 57, p5
Focuses on the sport education curriculum model which could help students to experience being part of a team and work collaboratively. Information on several aspects of the model that are enticing; Definition of the model which was developed by Daryl Siedentop; Ability of the model to teach...
- An Induction Address. Dodds, Harold Willis // Journal of Higher Education;Dec1936, Vol. 7 Issue 9, p461
The article focuses on the induction address at the inauguration of William Alfred Eddy as president of Hobart and William Smith Colleges in New York. The speech gave emphasis on the characteristics of a university president that include a person who has the talent on finance and business, a...
- Let the Descendents of the Yellow Emperor Stand Up (April 8, 1995). Lee Teng-Hui // Chinese Law & Government;Jul/Aug2002, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p83
Presents the text of a speech by the eighth president of the Republic of China to the 10th plenary session of the National Unification Council in April 8, 1995.
- Using humor in a speech? Proceed with caution. Adubato, Steve // Business News New Jersey;02/22/99, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p17
Focuses on the use of humor in speech. Avoidance of telling jokes; Benefits from humor; Use of humor in appropriate setting.
- Sitting in Chan. Hsüan Hua // Religion East & West;Oct2008, Issue 8, p33
In this excerpt from his instructional talks, a patriarch in the Wei Yang lineage of Chan Buddhism gives instruction in the Chan meditation method of focusing the mind on the topic "Who is this who is mindful of the Buddha?" The method raises doubt about the reality of the self. He also...