Junior Sport and the Evolution of Sport Cultures
- Sport Education: A Retrospective. Siedentop, Daryl // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jul2002, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p409
Presents the text of a speech given by teacher Daryl Siedentop, which deals with the subject of sport education.
- Ecological Perspectives in Teaching Research. Siedentop, Daryl // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jul2002, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p427
Presents the text of a speech given by teacher Daryl Siedentop, which deals with the subject of teacher effectiveness research.
- Sport Education: Quality PE Through Positive Sport Experiences. Lambdin, Dolly // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Oct1995, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p130
This article presents a review of the book "Sport Education: Quality PE Through Positive Sport Experiences," edited by Daryl Siedentop.
- Half a Cheer for Rainer and Daryl. Thomas, Jerry R. // Journal of Sport Psychology;1980, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p266
The article presents a response to two papers: "About Smocks and Jocks," by Rainer Martens and "Two Cheers for Rainer," by Daryl Siedentop. The author summarizes the points made by Martens and Rainer in their papers and offers his criticisms regarding such topics as the proper place to conduct...
- The Impact of Sport Education on Research and Teaching in Physical Education. Hastle, Peter // Cultura, Ciencia y Deporte;2012, Issue 19, p3
The author reflects on sport education research. He mentions that Daryl Siedentop presented a pedagogical model in 1994 which promotes positive sports experiences by stimulating the contextual features of authentic sports. He notes that researchers from the Universidad de Castilla-La Mancha...
- Liber Amicorum . . . Honoring a Friend and Colleague. van der Mars, Hans; Tannehill, Deborah; O'Sullivan, Mary // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jul2002, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p363
Focuses on the life and works of physical education teacher Daryl Siedentop in the U.S. Educational background; Career highlights; Selection of papers to be included on the ' Journal of Teaching in Physical Education' May 2002 issue by Siedentop.
- Ethics, Due Process, Diversity, and Balance. Horn, Stephen // Vital Speeches of the Day;5/15/77, Vol. 43 Issue 15, p463
No abstract available.
- On the Seriousness of Sports. Schall, James V. // Vital Speeches of the Day;2/15/83, Vol. 49 Issue 9, p271
Presents the text of a speech given by Georgetown University Associate Professor James V. Schall on January 25, 1983, which deals with the seriousness of people in watching a sporting event.
- Sports and Ethics: THE UNIVERSITY RESPONSE. Hearn Jr., T.K. // Vital Speeches of the Day;10/15/88, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p20
Presents a speech by Thomas K. Hearn, Jr., president of Wake Forest University, delivered to the College Football Association in Dallas, Texas on June 5, 1988. Important instances of the decline of the standards required to secure democratic values and the survival of democratic institutions;...