- Inaugural address of the President-elect: 10,000 hours. Kent, Stanley S. // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;8/15/2011, Vol. 68 Issue 16, p1550
The article presents the inaugural address by Stanley S. Kent, assistant vice president at the NorthShore University HealthSystem, delivered at the American Society of Health System Pharmacists (ASHP) Summer Meeting held June 14, 2011 in Denver, Colorado. He spoke on the value of teamwork, and...
- Program for developing leadership in pharmacy residents. Fuller, Patrick D. // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;7/15/2012, Vol. 69 Issue 14, p1231
Purpose. An innovative, structured approach to incorporating leadership development activities into pharmacy residency training is described. Summary. The American Society of Health- System Pharmacists (ASHP) has called for increased efforts to make leadership development an integral component...
- Rural hospitals offer comprehensive student experiences. Traynor, Kate // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;3/15/2011, Vol. 68 Issue 6, p465
No abstract available.
- Better letter of intent for pharmacy residency applications. Paloucek, Frank P. // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;12/1/2011, Vol. 68 Issue 23, p2218
A letter is presented in which the author urges pharmacy residency aspirants to enhance their letter of intent by including an overview of their pharmacy training experiences, curriculum vitae/transcripts, experiential assignments and interests.
- News Briefs. // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;1/1/2016, Vol. 73 Issue 1, pe5
This section offers news briefs on the pharmacy industry as of January 2016 including the recognition of Deborah Hunt Simonson as a member of the 2015 class of "New Orleans City Business" Women of the Year and the delivery of the 2015 Kenneth L. Waters Lecture by William A. Zellmer at the...
- Pharmacy residency and the medical training model: Is pharmacy at a tipping point? Johnson, Thomas J.; Teeters, Janet L. // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;8/15/2011, Vol. 68 Issue 16, p1542
In the article the authors discuss the American Society of Health System Pharmacists (ASHP) Pharmacy Practice Model Initiative (PPMI), and question whether pharmacy residency training is at a tipping point due to health care reform. They highlight the change in the pharmacy workforce demand as...
- Letters. Shermock, Kenneth M.; Ashby, Daniel M.; Walker, Cathy L.; Rider, Shyla K.; Clemente, Estela Uy; Ensor, Christopher R. // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;5/15/2014, Vol. 71 Issue 10, p787
The article talks about candidate verification and review processes of applications for pharmacy residency that can lessen the challenges faced by residency program directors. These include verifying inaccurate information given by the applicants in terms of professional associations and...
- Web-based experiential rotation platform. Cook, Aaron M.; Lewis, Dan A.; Martin, Craig A. // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;7/1/2011, Vol. 68 Issue 13, p1196
The article offers an overview of a Web-based platform used by colleges of pharmacy to guide students through common advanced pharmacy practice experiences (APPEs). It mentions that Microsoft SharePoint server program is used for experiential education, allowing the upload of documents,...
- Obtaining early clinical exposure as a pharmacy student. Minh Le // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;12/1/2011, Vol. 68 Issue 23, p2220
A letter is presented in which a student from Pacific University narrates his clinical experience while pursuing pharmacy.