A CONVICTION INTEGRITY INITIATIVE
- ADVERSARIES AS ALLIES: JOINING TOGETHER TO PREVENT CRIMINAL INJUSTICE. Saloom, Stephen // Albany Law Review;2010, Vol. 73 Issue 4, p1235
The article presents a speech by Stephen Saloom, policy director of the Innocence Project, delivered at the Chief Judge Lawrence H. Cooke Fourth Annual State Constitutional Commentary Symposium, held in Albany, New York on March 4, 2010. Saloom discussed what is necessary to understand and...
- Player. Buntin, John // Governing;Nov2010, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p68
The article profiles Cyrus Vance Jr., son of President Jimmy Carter's secretary of state Cyrus Vance Sr., who succeeded Robert Morgenthau as Manhattan's district attorney.
- CHIEF JUDGE LAWRENCE H. COOKE FOURTH ANNUAL STATE CONSTITUTIONAL COMMENTARY SYMPOSIUM. Lippman, Jonathan // Albany Law Review;2010, Vol. 73 Issue 4, p1201
The article presents the introductory speech given by Jonathan Lippman, the moderator to the Chief Judge Lawrence H. Cooke Fourth Annual State Constitutional Commentary Symposium on Wrongful Convictions: Understanding and Addressing Criminal Injustice. He mentioned the formation of the Justice...
- Untitled. // New Yorker;4/2/1960, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p87
The article presents a comment about a band of six Chinese Communist terrorists who retreated by leaving one handkerchief. As reported, these terrorists were captured in Tambol Pramoo, Ampur Nathawee, Songkhla, Thailand, right after the 15-minute gun duel with a Thai border police. However, as...
- Activist awaits decision in alleged weapons charge. FRAZIER, CRAIG D. // New York Amsterdam News;9/20/2012, Vol. 103 Issue 38, p6
The article reports that Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus R. Vance, who postponed the weapons case of Harlem activist Jazz Hayden is facing pressure due to a letter-writing campaign and petition.
- CRAINâ€™S ONLINE POLL. // Crain's New York Business;7/11/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 28, p0010
The article focuses on the percentage results of the poll on July 5, 2011 regarding the performance of Cy Vance Jr. as district attorney (DA) in Manhattan, New York City.
- Manhattan DA Seeks Help with AML. Wack, Kevin // American Banker;11/15/2011, Vol. 176 Issue 176, p3
The article focuses on New York City's Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance Jr. and his views that information-sharing between banks and law enforcement agencies should be seen as a partnership and that foreign banks violating money laundering laws undermine national security.
- Untitled. // Albany Law Review;2010, Vol. 73 Issue 4, preceding p1195
The article presents photographs from the Fourth Annual Chief Judge Lawrence H. Cooke State Constitutional Commentary Symposium in New York entitled "Wrongful Convictions: Understanding and Addressing Criminal Injustice" held by the Albany Law Review on March 4, 2010.
- NYSIF: Manhattan Temp Agency Owner Hit with $25M Comp Fraud. // Insurance Advocate;6/7/2010, Vol. 121 Issue 11, p12
The article reports on the decision of Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus R. Vance Jr. to charge Eric Goldstein, owner of a Manhattan, New York City-based temporary staffing company, for an alleged workers' compensation fraud scheme to the New York State Insurance Fund (NYSIF). Goldstein was...