RECONOCIENDO EL PASADO, RECLAMANDO EL FUTURO!
- Unanimous New Mexico Supreme Court Ruling for Marriage Equality. // Lesbian -- Gay Law Notes;Jan2014, p1
The article discusses the New Mexico Supreme Court case Greigo v. Oliver which deals with marriage law and marriage equality. State Justice Edward L. Chavez ruled that New Mexico is required to allow marriage of same-sex couples and must extend to them the protections and rights derived from...
- JUSTICE COLUMBUS MOISE OF NEW MEXICO. Stern, Norton B. // Western States Jewish History;Oct1989, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p38
The article focuses on Justice Columbus Moise Jr., a nineteenth century Jewish figure in New Mexico. It states that on June 7, 1855, Justice Moise was born from the union of Columbus Moise and Fanny Emma Levy in New Orleans, Louisiana. In 1880, Justice Moise became New Mexico's chief justice of...
- Insurers Ask N.M. Supreme Court to Overturn Decision in Costly Private Right of Action Case. // Insurance Advocate;8/11/2003, Vol. 114 Issue 30, p11
Reports on the amicus curiae brief filed by the several insurance trade groups with the New Mexico Supreme Court. Request of the group to the court; Implications of imposing a duty on an insurance firm on the third party claimant; Decision made by the Court of Appeals in the Hovet versus Lujan...
- INTRODUCTION. Martin, Sophie S. // New Mexico Law Review;Spring2013, Vol. 43 Issue 1, preceding p1
An introduction is presented in which the author discusses various articles within the issue on topics related to problems associated with the analysis of the New Mexico Supreme Court in reference to the cases Christus St. Vincent v. Duarte-Afara, State v.Neal and State v. Rudy B. Erin K. Jackson.
- The N.M. Supreme Court. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;12/20/2013, pA02
The N.M. Supreme Court declared gay marriage constitutional and upheld the marriage licenses issued to same-sex couples by the state's county clerks. N.M. joins 16 other states and D.C. in allowing gay marriage.
- ABUSE, NEGLECT AND DEPENDENCY Procedures State v. Cabezuela ---P.3d--- (N.M., 2011) New Mexico Supreme Court. // Juvenile & Family Law Digest;Nov2011, Vol. 43 Issue 11, p2
The article discusses the New Mexico court case, State v. Cabezuela, wherein defendant Adriana Cabezuela appeals her conviction for intentional child abuse which resulted in the death of her infant daughter, Mariana Barraza. It states that the New Mexico Supreme Court remanded for a new trial,...
- INDIAN LAW MAKES BAR EXAM. // State Legislatures;Jun2002, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p11
Reports on the decision of the New Mexico Supreme Court to include federal Indian law as a subject on the state bar examination.
- New Mexico Court Backs Greens In Climate Fight. HOLLY, CHRIS // Energy Daily;8/2/2011, Issue 146, p3
The article discusses an order by the New Mexico Supreme Court to allow the environmental group New Energy Economy (NEE) intervene in a proceeding where Public Service Co. New Mexico (PNM) and other energy companies are asking for a repeal of the 2010 state regulations requiring reductions in...
- Trial, Again. SCHIRTZINGER, ALEXA // Santa Fe Reporter;10/24/2012, Vol. 39 Issue 43, p14
The article reports on the murder case against Marino "Reno" Leyba, who allegedly shot and killed his pregnant teenage girlfriend and her father Bennie Ray Lovato, that was sent by the New Mexico Supreme Court to the district court for a new trial.