LA MIGRA IN THE MIRROR: IMMIGRATION ENFORCEMENT, RACIAL PROFILING, AND THE PSYCHOLOGY OF ONE MEXICAN CHASING AFTER ANOTHER
- RACE: A LEGAL, HISTORICAL, SCIENTIFIC, AND PERSONAL ISSUE. Bonventre, Vincent Martin // Albany Law Review;2009, Vol. 72 Issue 4, p855
The article presents a speech by law professor Vincent Martin Bonventre delivered at the 2009 annual "Albany Law Review" symposium at the Albany Law School in Albany, New York. He spoke about the origin of the symposium, and the legal, historical, scientific and personal issues concerning race...
- DEFINING RACE: THE OBAMA PHENOMENON AND THE VOTING RIGHTS ACT. Nelson, Janai S. // Albany Law Review;2009, Vol. 72 Issue 4, p899
The article presents the text of a speech by assistant professor of law Janai S. Nelson, delivered during a symposium hosted by Albany Law School in New York in 2009. Nelson spoke about race in relation to the presidential election in the U.S. and to Barack Obama's successful candidacy to become...
- EMPIRICAL LEGAL REALISM: A NEW SOCIAL SCIENTIFIC ASSESSMENT OF LAW AND HUMAN BEHAVIOR. // Northwestern University Law Review;Spring2003, Vol. 97 Issue 3, p1075
Explores articles and topics presented at the 2003 Northwestern University Law Review Symposium in the U.S.
- Panelists Key in on Derivatives Disclosure, Rule G-37. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;9/19/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31723, p4
Reports on the topics discussed during the National Association of Bond Lawyers' Bond Attorneys' Workshop in Chicago, Illinois. Discussion on derivatives disclosures; Effects of the generally accepted accounting principles on audit options; Need for lawyers in bond offerings to obtain...
- WHAT'S WRONG WITH OUR TALK ABOUT RACE? ON HISTORY, PARTICULARITY, AND AFFIRMATIVE ACTION. White, James Boyd // Michigan Law Review;Jun2002, Vol. 100 Issue 7, p1927
Recalls the symposium, Legal Storytelling, organized by Kevin Kennedy, the late editor-in-chief of the 'Michigan Law Review' in 1989. Emphasis on racial issues; Responsibilities of a lawyer; Assumptions about preferential admissions.
- Nixon presides over annual barristers meeting. // New Hampshire Business Review;04/11/97, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p20
Highlights the 1997 meeting of the International Society of Barristers held in Tucson, Arizona, on March 1 to 8. David L. Nixon's presiding of the meeting; Commitment of the organization to improving the skills of trial lawyers.
- Legal Collectives--A Strong New Voice for Change in the Guild. Scott, Mac // Guild Notes;Spring2002, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p1
Reports on the attendance of lawyers and legal workers on the conference to establish a North American network of legal collectives. Conventions of legal workers for emerging legal collectives from other nations; Composition of the members of the National Immigration Project of the Guild in the...
- Large U.S. and Guild Presence at IADL Congress in Havana. // Guild Notes;Winter2000, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p5
Reports on the presence of lawyers and workers from the U.S. and National Lawyers Guild and NCBL members at IADL 15th Congress in Havana, Cuba. Organization of the congress by the 17th Congress of the American Association of Jurists; Provision of a chance to exchange educational information...
- LEADER. Byrne, Matt // Lawyer;11/24/2003, Vol. 17 Issue 46, p3
Highlights the European Legal Summit of the journal "The Lawyer" in Barcelona, Spain. Ratio between general counsel and private practice lawyers; Topics discussed during the summit; Emphasis on the breakdown of charges upon completion.