THE EVOLUTION OF STATE CONSTITUTIONAL LAW IN CONNECTICUT
- Smoking Reduces Workers Comp Award in Asbestos Case. DANZIG, CHRISTOPHER; SALCEDO, YESENIA // InsideCounsel;Dec2008, Vol. 18 Issue 205, p72
The article reports on the ruling by the U.S. 2nd Circuit in Deschenes v. Transco Inc. Justice Flemming L. Norcott Jr. ruled that proportional reduction of permanent partial disability benefits is appropriate when an employer can prove that a disability has resulted from the combination of two...
- MY PERSPECTIVE ON THE RECENT NEW YORK DEATH PENALTY CASES. Smith, Robert S. // Albany Law Review;2009, Vol. 72 Issue 3, p625
The article presents a speech by Robert Smith, associate judge of the New York Court of Appeals, delivered at the 2009 Chief Judge Cooke Symposium. He focuses on the application of the death penalty statute in two cases, People v. Taylor and People v. LaValle. He reflected on his own life and...
- Can Dispute Resolution Be Made Generally Available? Davies, Geoffrey // Otago Law Review;2010, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p305
The article presents a speech of Honorable Geoffrey Davies, delivered at the Legal Issues Centre in the University of Otago, Otago, New Zealand on September 25, 2009, in which he discussed the questions of Sir Gavin Lightman pertaining to adversarial system and the public funding for the civil...
- The Future of Mass Litigation: Global Class Actions and Third-Party Litigation Funding. Hensler, Deborah R. // George Washington Law Review;Feb2011, Vol. 79 Issue 2, p306
An essay based on the keynote address given by Deborah Hensler, Judge John W. Ford Professor of Dispute Resolution, Stanford Law School, at The George Washington University Law School conference entitled "Aggregate Litigation: Critical Perspectives," on March 12, 2010, is presented. It focuses...
- Legal Briefs. // HR Specialist: California Employment Law;Nov2011, Vol. 5 Issue 11, p3
The article offers legal briefs in California in 2011 including the court cases Brown v. Department of Public Safety on better treatment in workplace after claim and Johnson v. Poway Unified School District, et al. on the limited religious speech for public school teacher.
- Thompson Files Motion to Intervene in Redistricting Lawsuits. Lannom, Andrea // State Journal (WV);11/4/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 43, p3
The article discusses that the speaker of the West Virginia House of Delegates will intervene with the state constitution for filing the two redistricting lawsuits.
- 14TH ANNUAL CONFERENCE ON LITIGATING TAKINGS CHALLENGES TO LAND USE AND ENVIRONMENTAL REGULATIONS. Treanor, William // Vermont Law Review;Spring2012, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p503
The article presents a speech by William Treanor, Dean and Professor of Law, Georgetown University Law Center (GULC) at 14th annual conference on litigating takings challenges to land use and environmental regulations held at GULC in which he discussed on taking claims as part of bill of rights....
- Freedom of Speech. Bull, John V. R. // Vital Speeches of the Day;12/1/91, Vol. 58 Issue 4, p117
Presents a speech by the Assistant to the Editor of the Philadelphia Inquirer John V.R. Bull, delivered for College Club of Sharon at the Sharon Civic Center in Sharon, Pennsylvania on October 12, 1991. Freedom of speech; Question of whether it can survive; Examples of lawsuits known as...
- Toward Greater Judicial Leadership. HANTLER, STEVE // Vital Speeches of the Day;1/1/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 6, p176
Presents the text of a speech given by Steve Hantler, Assistant General Counsel at DaimlerChrysler Corp., on November 14, 2002, which deals with the subject of asbestos litigation.