Better Late Than Never: Addressing Too-Big-to-Fail
- Senior Management. // Region (10453369);2007, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p38
A list of the Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis senior managers is presented. It includes president Gary H. Stern, first vice president James M. Lyon, and senior vice president and equal employment opportunity officer Duane A. Carter. Also listed are senior vice president and corporate...
- New Fed President makes case for Fed supervision. Bengtson, Tom // North Western Financial Review;3/15/2010, Vol. 195 Issue 6, p10
The article focuses on the first public speech of Narayana Kocherlakota, president of the Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, which he delivered on October 8, 2009 in Minnesota. Kocherlakota defends the role of the Federal Reserve as the bank supervisor by making it the systematic risk...
- On Public Policy and Economic Education. Stern, Gary H. // Region (10453369);Sep2007, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p2
The article presents the text of a speech given by Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis president Gary H. Stern during the National Assessment Governing Board in Washington, D.C. on August 8, 2007 regarding the economy of the U.S.
- Kocherlakota: FOMC Should Have Tightened. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;8/31/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33575, p2
The article reports on the statement made by Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis president Narayana Kocherlakota to the Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) regarding the rules of economics in the U.S.
- Narayana Kocherlakota. // Region (10453369);Sep2009, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p5
The article announces that Narayana Kocherlakota was appointed president and chief executive officer of the Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- FEDERAL RESERVE BANK OF MINNEAPOLIS 2013 DIRECTORS ADVISORY COUNCILS SENIOR MANAGEMENT OFFICERS. // Region (10453369);Apr2014, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p34
Several photographs of the 2013 directors, advisory councils, and senior management officers of the Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis are presented, including board of directors David Solberg, Duane Kurokawa, and Thomas Swenson of the Helena branch.
- Building Capacity for Success. Stern, Gary H. // Region (10453369);Dec2003, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p2
Presents a speech delivered by Gary H. Stern, president of the Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, at the 33rd annual membership conference of the National Congress for Community Economic Development in Detroit, Michigan, on October 9, 2003. Purpose of creating the Federal Reserve System; Core...
- Prospects for Economic Expansion. Stern, Gary H. // Region (10453369);Jun2004, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p2
Presents a speech by Gary H. Stern, president of the Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, delivered to the Industry Relations Symposium of the National Automobile Dealers Association in New York City on April 8, 2004. Analysis of the performance of the U.S. economy; Important observations...
- An Economist's Viewpoint. Stern, Gary H. // Region (10453369);Sep2004, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p2
Presents a speech by Gary H. Stern, president of Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, delivered to the Kansas Council on Economic Education in Topeka, Kansas on April 29, 2004. Importance of economics education; Impact of foreign trade to workers and economic condition of the U.S.; Discussion...