CHIEF JUDGE CUTHBERT POUND
- Phillips Lytle's Powers honors Appeals judge. // Buffalo Law Journal;4/28/2005, Vol. 77 Issue 34, p4
Reports on the recognition given to New York State Court of Appeals Judge Matthew Jasen by the New York Court of Appeals and other local judges and dignitaries for his distinguished career on the bench. Judicial career of Jasen; Educational background; Achievements.
- Former Solicitor General Candidate for Highest State Court Judge. DUTT, ELA // News India Times;9/19/2014, Vol. 45 Issue 38, p7
The article reports on the inclusion of former New York State Solicitor General Preeta Bansal on the short list for judge of New York Court of Appeals released by the Commission on Judicial Nomination (CJN) on September 3, 2014.
- FOREWORD. Kaye, Judith S. // Touro Law Review;2015, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p357
An introduction is presented in which the author discusses the theme of the issue which deals with problem-solving courts in New York, justice, and the role of the Chief Judge of the New York Court of Appeals.
- FOREWORD. Wachtler, Sol // Touro Law Review;2015, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p355
An introduction is presented in which the author discusses the theme of the issue which deals with the responsibilities of the Chief Judge of the New York Court of Appeals, problem-solving courts across the U.S., and the efforts to address problems such as drug addiction and homelessness.
- N.Y. Court of Appeals Upholds WHWA. Gibbons, Muriel K. // Insurance Advocate;11/20/2006, Vol. 117 Issue 24, p11
The article focuses on the preservation of the Women's Health and Wellness Act (WHWA) by the Court of Appeals in New York. Religious institutions challenged the WHWA requirement on contraceptive coverage by claiming that it conflicted the belief of their institution. However, the Supreme Court...
- RICHARD C. WESLEY: VOTING AND OPINION PATTERNS ON THE NEW YORK COURT. Bonventre, Vincent Martin; Ritschdorff, Todd A.; Bergen, Erika L. // Albany Law Review;2003, Vol. 66 Issue 4, p1065
Assesses the voting and opinion patterns of Judge Richard C. Wesley of the New York State Court of Appeals. Overview of the decision of Wesley on various criminal cases that he handled; Observations on the record of Wesley on civil appeals; Views of Wesley on individual autonomy in a collegial...
- INAUGURAL HON. JOSEPH W. BELLACOSA DISTINGUISHED JURIST-IN-RESIDENCE. Kaye, Judith S. // St. John's Law Review;Fall2007, Vol. 81 Issue 4, p743
The article offers information about Judge Joseph W. Bellacosa, who was a scholar, profound thinker, researcher and a writer in any language. He was a chief administrative judge of the State of New York, judge of the Court of Appeals, dean of St. John's University School of Law, and a...
- 'Infuriated' Kaye speaks out on judicial salaries. Deck-Miller, Annie // Buffalo Law Journal;4/12/2007, Vol. 79 Issue 30, p1
The article reports that New York Chief Judge Judith Kaye held a press conference to voice her concern regarding the issue over judicial pay in the state. The chief judge called the situation distressing and infuriating and said that she will continue to press the issue. According to the state's...
- List of Court of Appeals judge candidates issued. // Buffalo Law Journal;10/18/2007, Vol. 79 Issue 84, p4A
This article announces the five judge candidates for the 2008 opening on the New York Court of Appeals. They include Carmen Beauchamp Ciparick, George Carpinello, Jeremy Epstein, Helen Freedman, and Steven Krane. Governor Eliot Spitzer will nominate one person to the court for a 14-year term....