CHIEF JUDGE JOHN T. LOUGHRAN
- Kudos for Cooke. Frank, Cheryl // ABA Journal;Nov84, Vol. 70 Issue 11, p34
Presents a tribute to Chief Judge Lawrence Cooke of the New York Court of Appeals. Mandatory retirement age; Contributions to the legal profession; Several controversial policies of Cooke; Leadership in enforcing time standards for case processing; Career accomplishments.
- TRIBUTE TO CHIEF JUDGE LAWRENCE H. COOKE 1914-2000. Bonventre, Vincent Martin // Albany Law Review;2000, Vol. 64 Issue 1, preceding p1
Pays tribute to former Chief Judge Lawrence H. Cooke of New York who died in year 2000. Character traits; Career achievements; How he will be remembered as a professor at Albany Law School.
- HOMECOMINGS: A EULOGY FOR CHIEF JUDGE LAWRENCE H. COOKE. Kaye, Judith S. // Albany Law Review;2000, Vol. 64 Issue 1, p5
Presents a eulogy for former Chief Judge Lawrence H. Cooke of New York delivered by Judith S. Kaye, chief judge of New York and of the New York State Court of Appeals at a Mass of Christian Burial at St. Peter's Roman Catholic Church in Monticello, New York on August 21, 2000.
- Phillips Lytle's Powers honors Appeals judge. // Buffalo Law Journal;4/28/2005, Vol. 77 Issue 34, p4
Reports on the recognition given to New York State Court of Appeals Judge Matthew Jasen by the New York Court of Appeals and other local judges and dignitaries for his distinguished career on the bench. Judicial career of Jasen; Educational background; Achievements.
- Former Solicitor General Candidate for Highest State Court Judge. DUTT, ELA // News India Times;9/19/2014, Vol. 45 Issue 38, p7
The article reports on the inclusion of former New York State Solicitor General Preeta Bansal on the short list for judge of New York Court of Appeals released by the Commission on Judicial Nomination (CJN) on September 3, 2014.
- FOREWORD. Kaye, Judith S. // Touro Law Review;2015, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p357
An introduction is presented in which the author discusses the theme of the issue which deals with problem-solving courts in New York, justice, and the role of the Chief Judge of the New York Court of Appeals.
- FOREWORD. Wachtler, Sol // Touro Law Review;2015, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p355
An introduction is presented in which the author discusses the theme of the issue which deals with the responsibilities of the Chief Judge of the New York Court of Appeals, problem-solving courts across the U.S., and the efforts to address problems such as drug addiction and homelessness.
- DISCUSSION ON THE UNTOLD SECRETS OF EAGLE STREET. Lippman, Jonathan; Pigott Jr, Eugene F.; Smith, Robert S.; Phillips Read, Susan; Graffeo, Victoria A.; Rivera, Jenny // Albany Law Review;2013, Vol. 76 Issue 4, p1909
The article presents a panel discussion held in the symposium "Chief Judge Lawrence H. Cooke Seventh Annual State Constitutional Commentary Symposium" at the Albany Law School, Albany, New York, on March 21, 2013, which featured several panelists including Associate Judge of the New York Court...
- The courts belong to the people. Cooke, L.H. // Vital Speeches of the Day;4/15/88, Vol. 54 Issue 13, p396
No abstract available.