CHIEF JUDGE LAWRENCE H. COOKE
- Chief judge's unfinished legacy. Gallagher, Jay // Crain's New York Business;11/3/2008, Vol. 24 Issue 44, p19
The article focuses on Judith Kaye, the chief judge of New York City's Court of Appeals. Kaye has built a reputation as a thoughtful jurist defender of individual rights and promoter of the state constitution. She will be remembered for various judgments like invalidating two death penalty laws,...
- Kaye forms task force on divorce process in New York. // Buffalo Law Journal;6/3/2004, Vol. 76 Issue 45, p1
Reports the creation of the Matrimonial Commission by Honorable Judith Kaye, New York's chief judge. Purpose of the commission; Issues that will be considered by the group; Members of the commission.
- ALBANY LAW REVIEW SYMPOSIUM: REFINEMENT OR REINVENTION, THE STATE OF REFORM IN NEW YORK: THE COURTS. Kaye, Judith S. // Albany Law Review;2006, Vol. 69 Issue 3, p831
The article presents a speech by New York Chief Judge Judith S. Kaye delivered at the "Albany Law Review" symposium titled Refinement of Reinvention, The State of Reform in New York, February 10, 2006. She discusses her role as the chief judge of the state of New York, factors to consider in...
- DEDICATION. Kaplan, Roberta A. // Albany Law Review;2007, Vol. 70 Issue 3, p799
The article presents a tribute Chief Judge Judith S. Kaye of New York. The author recalls serving as a clerk for Judge Kaye, in which she came to know her as a result of working through arguments in briefs, as well as drafting opinions. She considers the mentoring she received from Kaye as her...
- NOW AND ALWAYS OUR CHIEF: THE HONORABLE JUDITH S. KAYE. OueUette, Alicia R. // Albany Law Review;2007, Vol. 70 Issue 3, p815
The article talks about the reappointment of Judge Judith S. Kaye as Chief Judge of the State of New York. According to the author, the assumption of the judge's reappointment spoke to her overwhelming success as a jurist and a leader of the courts. She claims that the status of Kaye as the most...
- CHIEF JUDGE JUDITH S. KAYE: A VISIONARY THIRD BRANCH LEADER. Lippman, Jonathan // New York University Law Review;Jun2009, Vol. 84 Issue 3, p655
The article announces the retirement of Judith as chief judge at the New York Court of Appeals.
- Court system to implement jury panel recommendations. // Buffalo Law Journal;6/21/2004, Vol. 76 Issue 50, p1
Reports on a jury reform program launched by judge Judith Kaye in New York on June 17, 2004. Percentage of New Yorkers called for jury service who were never selected to serve on trial; Achievements of the court; List of changes to be implemented aimed at effectively utilizing juror time.
- Nominating commission outlines possible changes. Chandler, Matt // Buffalo Law Journal;7/23/2009, Vol. 81 Issue 59, p4
The article reports on the proposed changes in the nomination process for the slate of outgoing Chief Judge Honorable Judith Kaye in the State of New York Commission on Judicial Nomination. It cites that Governor David Paterson has criticized the commission for its failure to produce a diverse...
- State of the Judiciary II: Criminal and civil justice efforts. Kaye, Judith // Buffalo Law Journal;2/16/2004, Vol. 76 Issue 14, p1
Presents the text of a state judiciary address given by New York State Chief Judge Judith Kaye in Albany on February 9, 2004. Challenges in the criminal justice system; Expansion of the drug courts; Fines and fees.