CONSERVATISM IN PARTIAL PROSTHETIC RESTORATIONS
- RESTORATIONS OF INDIVIDUAL TEETH. GILLETT, HENRY W. // Journal of Dental Research;Mar1924, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p33
The article presents a speech which was given by Henry W. Gillett at a meeting of the First District Dental Society of the State of New York which was held at the New York Academy of Medicine on January 2, 1923. In the speech Gillett discusses dental techniques which could be used to restore...
- An audit of prosthodontics undertaken in general dental practice in the South East of England. Bartlett, D.; Preiskel, A.; Shah, P.; Ahmed, A.; Moazzez, R. // British Dental Journal;10/24/2009, Vol. 207 Issue 8, pE15
Aims Before embarking upon changes to teaching in prosthodontics it is important to identify what techniques are being used in general practice. The aim of this study was to assess the current range and quantity of fixed and removable prosthodontics reported in general dental practice in the...
- BRIDGEWORK: A CONSIDERATION OF ITS PRINCIPLES AND USES. DIAMOND, MOSES // Journal of Dental Research;Dec1928, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p635
The speech "Bridgework: A Consideration of Its Principles and Uses" was presented by Moses Diamond at a meeting of the First District Dental Society of the State of New York which was held in December 1927. Topics include partial dentures, dental hygiene, and prosthetic dentistry.
- Fabricated Retention for Removable Partial Dentures. Crowther, Duane S.; Lauciello, Frank R.; Casey, David M. // Quintessence International;Dec1981, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p1263
The article focuses on the artificial and fabricated retention of removable dentures. It aims to describe the techniques in outlining abutment teeth for the retention of a removable partial denture, and examines the alteration of the clasp that has been cast. It states that in enamel...
- Correction of an Anterior Crossbite with a Fixed Partial Denture. Esteves, Helder; Correia, André // Journal of the Canadian Dental Association;Nov2008, Vol. 74 Issue 9, p791
The article presents the case study of a patient with anterior crossbite with a fixed partial denture in the U.S. Anterior crossbite is an occlusal problem with functional and esthetic effects. It states that to achieve a normal occlusal relation and to preserve tooth structure, orthodontic...
- The Impact of Dental Research on Dental Practice. MJ�R, IVAR A. // Journal of Dental Research;Oct1986, Vol. 65 Issue 10, p1194
The article presents a speech by Ivar A. Mjï¿½r, president-elect of the International Association for Dental Research (IADR), in which he discusses dental research, its impact on dental practice, and the role of the IADR in dental research.
- Encouraging Trends. GREENE, JOHN C. // Journal of Dental Research;Oct1986, Vol. 65 Issue 10, p1196
The article presents a speech by John C. Greene, president-elect of the American Association for Dental Research (AADR), in which he discussed the state of the dental profession, positive trends in dentistry, and advances in dental research.
- Presidential address. Gill, Amarjit // British Dental Journal;6/12/2010, Vol. 208 Issue 11, p489
The article presents a speech by dental practitioner Amarjit Gill, the president of the British Dental Association (BDA) for 2010, delivered at the 2010 British Dental Conference and Exhibition, held in Livepool, England, May 20 to 22, 2010, in which he discussed his position as the highest...
- OFFICE PUBLICATIONS. Andrews, Esther K. // Dental Assistant;Jul/Aug2008, Vol. 77 Issue 4, p6
The article focuses on the importance and the category of office publications, an extension of dental practice's public relations (PR) activities. Publications are used by dentists to disseminate specific information and to promote the practice as well. Public service announcements, speeches,...