RESEARCH IN DENTISTRY
- DIRECT EVIDENCE OF THE PRESENCE OF ALBUMINOUS MATTER IN ENAMEL. GIES, WILLIAM J. // Journal of Dental Research;Jun1924, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p143
The article presents speech by William J. Gies presented at the annual meeting of the International Association for Dental Research on March 20, 1925 in Chicago, Illinois on research into the presence of albuminous matter in dental enamel.
- Establishing Firm Support for Dental Research. Rugh, John D. // Journal of Dental Research;Jul1994, Vol. 73 Issue 7, p1241
The article presents a speech by John D. Rugh, president-elect of the American Association for Dental Research (AADR), delivered at the Opening Ceremonies of the 72nd General Session, March 9, 1994, in which he discussed the goals of AADR, his goals as president of the association, and the...
- AADR President-Elect Address 16 March 1978 B. F. Hammond Dental Research in the American University -- Two Problems. // Journal of Dental Research;Apr1979 Supplement 3, Vol. 58, p1200
The article presents a speech by B.F. Hammond, president-elect of the American Association for Dental Research (AADR), delivered at the 56th General Session of the AADR Council Meeting, held in March 1978 in Washington D.C. in which he discussed funding for dental research, barriers between...
- Dental Research: Strategic Alliances and the Issue of Quality. Sessle, Barry J. // Journal of Dental Research;Jul1994, Vol. 73 Issue 7, p1237
The article presents a speech by Barry J. Sessle, president-elect of the International Association for Dental Research (IADR), delivered at the Opening Ceremonies of the 72nd General Session, March 9, 1994, in which he discussed the strategic alliance between dental research, education, and...
- SOME OF THE FINDINGS AND CONCLUSIONS OF THE CARNEGIE FOUNDATION'S STUDY OF DENTAL EDUCATION. GIES, WILLIAM J. // Journal of Dental Research;Dec1927, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p441
The article presents a summary and outline of a speech by dental researcher William J. Gies about graduation requirements for dentistry students which he delivered at a gathering of the American Association of Dental Schools in Chicago, Illinois on March 6, 1924.
- PROCEEDINGS OF THE SEVENTEENTH GENERAL MEETING. // Journal of Dental Research;Jun1939, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p213
The article presents information on the 17th General Meeting of the International Association for Dental Research (IADR), which took place in Cleveland, Ohio from March 18-19, 1939. An address from Thomas J. Hill, the retiring president of the IADR, is presented. Also presented are addresses...
- What's in A Name? Spielman, Andrew I.; Davidson, Robert // Journal of Dental Research;Aug1998, Vol. 77 Issue 8, p1572
The authors discuss the name of the "Journal of Dental Research," and give reasons why it might be changed. A statement of the journal's mission by William J. Gies, which was published in the inaugural March 1919 issue, is quoted and discussed. The range of research papers which the journal has...
- II. NOTES FROM THE MINUTES OF THE EXECUTIVE PROCEEDINGS OF THE NEW YORK ACADEMY OF DENTISTRY: 1926-27. CARR, MALCOLM W. // Journal of Dental Research;Dec1927, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p506
The article provides notes on the activities of the New York Academy of Dentistry in 1926 and 1927. Six meetings were held by the organization in 1926 and 1927 in which various topics were discussed including dental prosthetics, dentistry and public health, and mouth infections. Additionally, a...
- Dr. Dean Delivers Year In Review Speech. // Journal of the Canadian Dental Association;Jun2005, Vol. 71 Issue 6, p381
The article reports on the Canadian Dental Association (CDA) Year in Review address that was delivered by CDA president Doctor Alfred Dean before the participants of the General Assembly in Ottawa, Ontario in April 2005.