THE PLACE OF DENTISTRY IN A PUBLIC HEALTH PROGRAM
- THE RELATION OF THE DENTAL PROFESSION TO THE PUBLIC HEALTH. HARRIS, LOUIS I. // Journal of Dental Research;Sep1927, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p213
The article presents a speech by Louis I. Harris, New York City commissioner of health, delivered at the November 18, 1926 meeting of the New York Academy of Dentistry, in which he discusses the dental profession in New York state, the relationship between the dental profession and public...
- The Caribbean. Loewenthal, Paul G.M. // Vital Speeches of the Day;5/15/77, Vol. 43 Issue 15, p468
No abstract available.
- Education Moves Democracy Forward. Studebaker, John W. // Vital Speeches of the Day;9/15/39, Vol. 5 Issue 23, p726
Presents the text of a speech given by U.S. Commissioner of Education John Studebaker at the Congress on Education for Democracy on August 17, 1939, which deals with the subject of democracy.
- Mayor. // New Yorker;11/19/1979, Vol. 55 Issue 40, p41
The article presents information on the presence of the mayor of New York City during a speech by the city's Landmarks Preservation Commissioner and an archaeologist at the New York City Hall. The mayor came late with the public focusing all their attention on him. While the commissioner and the...
- Broadening the Mission of I.A.D.R. Finn Brudevold Forsyth Dental Center, Boston, MA. // Journal of Dental Research;Apr1979 Supplement 3, Vol. 58, p1180
The article presents a speech by Finn Brudevold, of the Forsyth Dental Center in Boston, Massachusetts, delivered at the 56th General Session of the International Association for Dental Research (IADR) Council Meeting, held in March 1978 in Washington D.C. in which he discussed public health...
- Productivity And The Public Sector: THE DESIRE TO WORK. Andolsek, L.J. // Vital Speeches of the Day;1/15/74, Vol. 40 Issue 7, p212
Presents the text of a speech given by L.J. Andolsek, commissioner of the U.S. Civil Service Commission, on December 6, 1973, which deals with productivity of the public sector.
- Education. Ottina, John // Vital Speeches of the Day;8/15/74, Vol. 40 Issue 21, p653
Presents the text of a speech given by John Ottina, U.S. Commissioner of Education, on May 8, 1974, which deals with reforming the U.S. school tax system.
- The Social and Political Forces Affecting the Mental Health System. Daly, Robert M. // Vital Speeches of the Day;12/15/77, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p139
Presents the text of a speech delivered by Robert M. Daly, commissioner for Mental Health for the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania on October 17, 1977 which deals with the social and political forces affecting the mental health system.
- The Changing of the Guard. Stewart, Michael // Vital Speeches of the Day;8/15/85, Vol. 51 Issue 21, p662
Presents a speech by Michael Stewart, Commissioner of Salt Lake County, Utah, delivered to the Texas Legislature in Austin in April 1985. Problems faced by county governments; Consequences of direct federal assistance programs to local government; Importance of granting Home Rule provisions...