X-RAY TREATMENT OF TONSILLITIS AND CHRONIC PHARYNGITIS
- BLOOD CHEMISTRY AS A DIAGNOSTIC AID IN FOCAL INFECTION. DENIORD, RICHARD N. // Journal of Dental Research;Dec1922, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p435
This article presents a speech by Richard N. DeNiord, delivered at the ninth annual meeting of the American Academy of Periodontology, held in Cincinnati, Ohio on December 6, 1922, in which he discussed focal infection.
- HISTOPATHOLOGY OF DENTAL CARIES, AND ITS PERIAPICAL SEQUELAE. LEIGH, R. W. // Journal of Dental Research;Dec1923, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p197
The article presents a speech by dentist R. W. Leigh, delivered to The New York Academy of Dentistry in New York City, November 20, 1924, and to the District of Columbia Dental Society in the District of Columbia, January 13, 1925, in which he discussed the histopathology of dental caries, focal...
- How to avoid unnecessary X-rays. // Consumer Reports on Health;Jun95, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p65
Focuses on ways of avoiding unnecessary x-rays. Increase in cancer risks due to exposure to radiation; Variation in amount of radiation and risks associated with several kinds of x-rays; Parts of body likely to be x-rayed; Minimization of exposure to radiation.
- Re-estimating the risk of radiation. // Newsweek;1/1/1990, Vol. 115 Issue 1, p41
Summarizes the findings of a recently released report by the National Research Council, which concludes that x-rays are even worse than previously thought, and the risk of tumors and leukemias is three to four times higher than estimated in 1980.
- Diagnostic x-rays: Spectra, dose and risks. Caon, Martin // Australian Science Teachers Journal;Mar1997, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p11
Discusses the risks associated with the dose received from some diagnostic x-ray procedures. Characterization of x-ray spectra; Computed tomography scanning; Radiographic examination of the breast; Interaction of x rays with tissue.
- Periodontology: Disease group. Newman, H. N. // British Dental Journal;1/9/2015, Vol. 218 Issue 1, p3
A letter to the editor is presented which discusses the use of the terms focal infection and periodontal disease.
- Editorial. Khan, Parvez A. // Guident;Jan2013, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p6
The article presents the author's insights concerning the studies which found the association between dental X-rays and increased risk of developing meningiomas.
- The ten day rule. // British Medical Journal;12/6/1975, Vol. 4 Issue 5996, p543
Focuses on the responsibilities of a doctor referring a patient for radiological examination. Effect of x-rays to organs, tissue, cells and gonads; Implementation of radiation safety; Provision of clinical information to ensure the right examination done by the radiologist.
- The picture of health. Nordenberg, Tamar // FDA Consumer;Jan/Feb99, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p8
Focuses on the medical use of X-rays. Details on the discovery of X-rays by German scientist Wilhelm Roentgen; Common types of X-ray examinations; Risks from medical imaging; Precautions to make the x-ray procedure safer; Details on computed tomography.