NOTES ON AN ETHICAL QUESTION IN DENTAL SCIENCE
- QUOTATIONS FROM COMMENT RELATING TO THE STATUS OF DENTISTRY. // Journal of Dental Research;Dec1929, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p759
An excerpt on the status of dentistry from the twenty-third annual report of the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching is presented.
- ADDITIONAL REMARKS ON A REFERENCE TO THE CARNEGIE FOUNDATION'S STUDY OF DENTAL EDUCATION. GIES, WILLIAM J. // Journal of Dental Research;Feb1930, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p23
Several excerpts from an article on dental education which appeared in a previous issue of the publication are presented.
- FURTHER COMMENT ON A REFERENCE TO THE CARNEGIE FOUNDATION'S STUDY OF DENTAL EDUCATION. GIES, WILLIAM J. // Journal of Dental Research;Dec1929, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p745
The article responds to an article written by doctor Alfred J. Asgis on the validity of the information and conclusions found in the Carnegie Foundation's "Bulletin on Dental Education." One of the passages highlighted examines the psychological and cultural forces at work in the dental...
- CARNEGIE FOUNDATION'S BULLETIN ON DENTAL EDUCATION IN THE UNITED STATES AND CANADA. // Journal of Dental Research;Apr1928, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p145
The article discusses the contents of the nineteenth bulletin of the Carnegie Foundation which explores dental education in the U.S. and Canada. The bulletin contains a report by professor William J. Gies on the dental schools in both countries. Essays are also included on the scope of modern...
- Dental Advance. // Time;4/7/1924, Vol. 3 Issue 14, p20
The article focuses on a report issued by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching on the status of dental education. The report revealed that there were 51 dental schools in the U.S. and Canada in 1921. It showed that dental education is advancing. The report also cited that the...
- CARNEGIE FOUNDATION'S "BULLETIN NO. 19" ON DENTAL EDUCATION. MIDGLEY, ALBERT L. // Journal of Dental Research;Jun1928, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p381
The author questions whether it is possible for a layman to offer opinions considered adequate by the field of dentistry for the improvement of dental education. Particular attention is paid to a review of a bulletin published by the Carnegie Foundation in the periodical "Dental Cosmos" where...
- V. REPRINTS OF SOME REVIEWS OF THE CARNEGIE FOUNDATION'S BULLETIN ON DENTAL EDUCATION IN THE UNITED STATES AND CANADA. // Journal of Dental Research;Dec1927, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p515
The article presents reprints of several reviews of a bulletin on dental education that was published by the Carnegie Foundation. Numerous reprints are presented including one by Albert L. Midgley for the "Journal of the American Dental Association" in 1927, another in the "Journal of the...
- Carnegie Selects Prominent Scholar As New President. Honawar, Vaishali // Education Week;1/16/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 19, p4
The article reports that education researcher Anthony S. Bryk will assume the position of president of the California-based Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching, a research and policy foundation, in August 2008.
- Valedictory address. // British Dental Journal;5/25/2002, Vol. 192 Issue 10, p547
Presents the text of the valedictory address delivered by Peter Swiss, 2001 president of the British Dental Association, at the British and Irish Dental Association's Annual Conference held in Belfast, Northern Ireland. Challenges for the dentistry profession; Need for dental organizations to...