A STUDY OF SKULLS IN THE AMERICAN MUSEUM OF NATURAL HISTORY IN RELATION TO PERIODONTAL DISEASE
- AMERICAN ACADEMY OF PERIODONTOLOGY. HOOD, J. HERBERT // Journal of Dental Research;Sep1921, Vol. 3 Issue 3, plxxi
The article presents a speech by Paul R. Stillman, president of the American Academy of Periodontology, delivered at the eighth annual meeting of the Academy, in which he discusses advancements in periodontology, the place of periodontology in dentistry, and treatments for periodontal disease.
- A BRIEF HISTORY OF PERIODONTOLOGY. MERRITT, ARTHUR H. // Journal of Dental Research;Dec1921, Vol. 3 Issue 4, pcxlix
This article presents a speech by Arthur H. Merritt, delivered at a meeting of the American Academy of Periodontology held in New York City on May 10, 1921, in which he discussed the history of periodontology, common periodontal diseases, and the career of the dental researcher John M. Riggs.
- "PROPHYLAXIS". TISHLER, BENJAMIN // Journal of Dental Research;Jun1920, Vol. 2 Issue 2, following p324
This article presents a speech by Doctor Benjamin Tishler, delivered at a meeting of the Harvard Odontological Society held in Boston, Massachusetts on January 15, 1920, in which he discussed dental prophylaxis, pyorrhea, and the importance of regular professional dental cleanings.
- EDUCATION AS A FACTOR IN THE RISING TIDE OF PREVENTIVE DENTISTRY. BRICKER, FREDERICK A. // Journal of Dental Research;Dec1923, Vol. 5 Issue 4, following p280
The article presents a speech by dentist Frederick A. Bricker at a meeting of the First District Dental Society of the State of New York at the New York Academy of Medicine, December 12, 1922, in which he discussed the role education plays in preventative medicine, explaining the causes of...
- THE MOST SIGNIFICANT FINDINGS OF THE CALIFORNIA STOMATOLOGICAL RESEARCH GROUP IN THE STUDY OF PYORRHEA. SIMONTON, F. V. // Journal of Dental Research;Apr1928, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p235
The article presents a speech by F. V. Simonton delivered at a joint meeting of the New York Section of the International Association for Dental Research and the New York Academy of Dentistry on December 14, 1927, in which he discussed research performed on pyorrhea, biological research in...
- DIAGNOSIS OF PERIODONTOCLASIA. SIMONTON, F. V. // Journal of Dental Research;Aug1928, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p491
The speech "Diagnosis of Periodontoclasia" was presented by F. V. Simonton at the Sixth Annual Meeting of the International Association of Dental Research which was held in Washington, D.C. in March 1928. Topics include periodontal disease, studies on dental sepsis in animals, and the effect of...
- THE AMOEBAS OF THE MOUTH IN RELATION TO INCIDENCE OF PYORRHEA, CLINICAL SYMPTOMS, EXTENT OF LESIONS, AND AGE OF PATIENTS. HINSHAW, H. CORWIN; SIMONTON, F. V. // Journal of Dental Research;Aug1928, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p507
The speech "The Amoebas of the Mouth in Relation to Incidence of Pyorrhea, Clinical Symptoms, Extent of Lesions, and Age of Patients" was presented by H. Corwin Hinshaw and F. V. Simonton at the Sixth Annual Meeting of the International Association for Dental Research which was held in...
- Nurturing a Culture of Innovation. DePaola, Dominick P. // Journal of Dental Research;Jun2004, Vol. 83 Issue 6, p446
The article presents a speech given by Dominick P. DePaola in which he discussed periodontal health issues being faced by people throughout the world and changes that he feels public officials should make regarding health and disease.
- Restorations, untreated caries: Precursors to periodontitis? // Journal of the American Dental Association (JADA);Jun95, Vol. 126 Issue 6, p720
Reports on the risk for periodontal disease of teenagers who have untreated caries and multiple dental restorations. Results of the study on the dental condition of children in Sao Paulo, Brazil.