SOME OF THE FINDINGS AND CONCLUSIONS OF THE CARNEGIE FOUNDATION'S STUDY OF DENTAL EDUCATION
- THE HISTORICAL SIGNIFICANCE OF PROFESSOR GIES' 1927 STUDY IN THE STOMATOLOGIC MOVEMENT. ASGIS, ALFRED J. // Journal of Dental Research;Aug1929, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p555
The article discusses the importance and influence of a 1927 study on the stomatologic movement by William J. Gies. The author notes that the study has propelled the field to stomatology and contributed to advances and reforms in medical and dental educations. The author credits Gies with...
- ADEAGies Foundation Announces Johnson & Johnson Healthcare Products Div of McNEIL-PPC Inc, Premier Sponsor of William J. Gies Awards for Vision, Innovation, and Achievement. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;8/22/2012, Vol. 21, p1
The article informs that Johnson & Johnson Healthcare Products Division of McNEIL-PPC Inc. has been selected as the premier sponsor of the 2013 William J. Gies Awards for Vision, Innovation, and Achievement. The Gies Awards will be presented on March 18, 2013 in the field of oral health and...
- Listing of accredited dental programs available. Mark, Anita M. // Journal of the American Dental Association (JADA);Sep96, Vol. 127 Issue 9, p1298
Reports on the Commission of Dental Accreditation's completion of the 1996 evaluation of dental educational programs in the United States. Contact information for the copies.
- Dental education: implementing the continuum. Gainsford, Sir Ian // Journal of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh;Jun99, Vol. 44 Issue 3, p141
Presents an overview of the development of dental education. Interrelationship between medicine and dentistry; Development by the Society of Apothecaries of the requirements and regulations for their qualifying diploma; Proposal by the founding fathers of the dental profession to establish a...
- How the licensure process will evolve. Kalkwarf, Kenneth L. // Journal of the American Dental Association (JADA);Dec99, Vol. 130 Issue 12, p1737
Describes the changes that are occurring in the dentistry licensure process and projects the direction and magnitude of changes in the United States. Shift from recall of facts and towards assessment of basic science and clinical principles; Evolution of clinical examinations; Adoption of...
- Component News. // Oklahoma Dental Association Journal;Mar2011, Vol. 102 Issue 3, p9
The article offers information on events related to dentistry such as a Dental Study Club held at Peyton's Place Restaurant in Duncan, Oklahoma every 3rd Tuesday of each month, and a study club held at Oakwood Country Club in Enid, Oklahoma every 2nd Tuesday of each month.
- New Directions in Dental Education. // IDA Times;Feb2014, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p16
An excerpt from an interview with people concerned with dental education in the U.S. is presented.
- Training directory. // British Dental Nurses Journal;Winter2014, Vol. 74 Issue 1, p33
No abstract available.
- Scaling the Heights of Dentistry: See What We Have in Store for You! // KDA Today;Nov/Dec2014, Vol. 66 Issue 6, p1
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including the 2015 Kentucky Meeting in March 2015, the different dentistry courses, and various dentistry events.