DENTAL RESEARCH IN THE UNITED KINGDOM
- Presidential Inaugural Address. KNIGHTON, HOLMES T. // Journal of Dental Research;Jul1960, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p649
The article presents a speech by Holmes T. Knighton, president of the International Association for Dental Research (IADR), delivered at the annual banquet of the IADR, March 19, 1960, in which he discusses the growth of dental research, research being conducted at dental schools and financing...
- Wanted: Superior Living. Packer, Paul // Vital Speeches of the Day;9/1/49, Vol. 15 Issue 22, p690
Presents the text of a speech delivered by Oregon State System of Higher Education Chancellor Paul C. Packer at the Commencement Exercises of the University of Oregon Dental School in Portland, Oregon on June 16, 1949, which deals with the practice of dentistry.
- Seize the Day! Wong, David T. // Journal of Dental Research;May2010, Vol. 89 Issue 5, p429
This article presents a speech given by David Wong, President-elect of the American Association for Dental Research (AADR), as he welcomed attendees at the 2010 joint Annual Meetings of the AADR and the Canadian Association for Dental Research. Wong stressed the importance of dental research in...
- Welcome. POLLACK, JEROME M. // Journal of Dental Research;Jun1982, Vol. 61 Issue 6, p703
The speech was presented by Jerome M. Pollack who welcomed people to a conference held by Fairleigh Dickinson University. Topics include promoting public support for the Dental School, organizational goals, and professional ethics.
- DENTAL EDUCATIONAL COUNCIL OF AMERICA. BANZHAF, HENRY L. // Journal of Dental Research;Dec1932, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p887
The annual address by Henry L. Banzhaf, the president of the Dental Education Council of America delivered on September ninth, 1932 is presented. Banzhaf discusses the role of the Dental Education Council of America in the management of dental education, the impact of the great depression on the...
- RESEARCH IN DENTISTRY. GIES, WILLIAM J. // Journal of Dental Research;Sep1921, Vol. 3 Issue 3, pxciii
The article presents a speech by dental research William J. Gies, delivered at a meeting of the Harriet Newell Lowell Society for Dental Research, in which he discusses the history and state of dental research, important research qualities, and the need for dentists to actively conduct research.
- THE MOST SIGNIFICANT FINDINGS OF THE CALIFORNIA STOMATOLOGICAL RESEARCH GROUP IN THE STUDY OF PYORRHEA. SIMONTON, F. V. // Journal of Dental Research;Apr1928, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p235
The article presents a speech by F. V. Simonton delivered at a joint meeting of the New York Section of the International Association for Dental Research and the New York Academy of Dentistry on December 14, 1927, in which he discussed research performed on pyorrhea, biological research in...
- DIAGNOSIS OF PERIODONTOCLASIA. SIMONTON, F. V. // Journal of Dental Research;Aug1928, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p491
The speech "Diagnosis of Periodontoclasia" was presented by F. V. Simonton at the Sixth Annual Meeting of the International Association of Dental Research which was held in Washington, D.C. in March 1928. Topics include periodontal disease, studies on dental sepsis in animals, and the effect of...
- AADR President-Elect Address 16 March 1978 B. F. Hammond Dental Research in the American University -- Two Problems. // Journal of Dental Research;Apr1979 Supplement 3, Vol. 58, p1200
The article presents a speech by B.F. Hammond, president-elect of the American Association for Dental Research (AADR), delivered at the 56th General Session of the AADR Council Meeting, held in March 1978 in Washington D.C. in which he discussed funding for dental research, barriers between...