- The War on Nerves: MAN'S CITADEL MUST BE KEPT INVIOLATE AGAINST ASSAULTS. Kennedy, Foster // Vital Speeches of the Day;11/15/39, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p81
Presents the text of a speech delivered by Doctor Foster Kennedy, professor of Neurology at Cornell University, before the New York Herald-Tribune Forum, on October 25, 1939 which dealt with war.
- Oral and Maxillofacial Manifestations of Multiple Sclerosis. Chemaly, Daisy; Lefran�ois, Annie; P�russe, R�nald // Journal of the Canadian Dental Association;Dec2000, Vol. 66 Issue 11, p600
Multiple sclerosis is a chronic demyelinating disease of the central nervous system which mostly affects young adults living in the northern hemisphere. It is a disease primarily found in temperature climates, being rare in the tropics and increasing in frequency with distance from the equator....
- Point of Care. // Journal of the Canadian Dental Association;Nov2004, Vol. 70 Issue 10, p704
The article presents questions and answers related to point of patient care in dentistry including creating a so-called J margin when preparing teeth for aluminum oxide and zirconium oxide all-ceramic coping systems, challenges of treating dental patients who take antidepressants and managing...
- Trigeminal neuralgia and glossopharyngeal neuralgia. Horowitz, Michael; Horowitz, Martin; Ochs, Mark; Carrau, Ricardo; Kassam, Amin // Journal of the American Dental Association (JADA);Oct2004, Vol. 135 Issue 10, p1427
The article presents an evaluation of two orofacial pain syndromes, trigeminal neuralgia and glossopharyngeal, which have been encountered by dentists. The first line of therapy for patients with TN is medical. The most commonly used medications are the anticonvulsants carbamezapine, phenytoin...
- NEUROPATHIC OROFACIAL PAIN. Newman Jr., James E.; Konatham, Prashanth; Eliav, Eli; Heir, Gary // Journal of the American Dental Association (JADA);Aug2013, Vol. 144 Issue 8, p877
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Topical Medications for the Effective Management of Neuropathic Orofacial Pain" by Prashanth Konatham Haribabu and colleagues in the June 2013 Issue and also included a response from the authors of the article.
- University of California Program in Merced Addresses
Epidemic of Early Childhood Dental Cavities. // Ascribe Newswire: Medicine;1/25/2001, p1
The article reports that a program on epidemic of early childhood dental cavities will be held at Mercy Hospital, Staff Rooms A & B, 2740 M Street in Merced, California on February 21, 2001. A noted University of California, San Francisco, California dental researcher will be in Merced to speak...
- Asking the right questions. Hancocks, Stephen // British Dental Journal;6/24/2006, Vol. 200 Issue 12, p649
The article comments on the recent tenth anniversary celebrations of the Cochrane Oral Health Group in Manchester, England. The author states the aim of the group to produce systemic reviews of the effects of healthcare interventions. He describes, in his address to the group, that most reports...
- KDA Meetings & Event. // KDA Today;Sep/Oct2013, p15
A calendar of events related to dentistry in the U.S. in 2013 including the KDA Leadership Conference, the KDA Executive Board Meeting and the ASDA National Leadership Conference is presented.
- Students debate dietary advice. // British Dental Journal;6/8/2013, Vol. 214 Issue 11, p543
Information on the annual Dental Debate that took place on May 1, 2013, in London, England, is presented.