- Policy on Early Childhood Caries (ECC): Unique Challenges and Treatment Options. // Pediatric Dentistry;Reference Manual 2003-2004, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p27
A policy statement on the challenges and treatment options for early childhood caries is presented and the years it was adopted and revised by the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry are noted.
- BASIC FACTS FOR GOOD ORAL HEALTH OF CHILDREN. // Oral Health (0974-3960);Nov2014, Issue 11, p20
The article provides information to parents or caretakers on the oral health of infants and also presents various information regarding symptoms of tooth decay, prevention, and treatment.
- III. SECOND SESSION: EVENING, MARCH 25. // Journal of Dental Research;Jun1928, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p413
The article presents several abstracts of research presented at the second session of the sixth annual meeting of the International Association for Dental Research including "Dental Statistics as Collected in Periodical Examination at the Home Office of the Metropolitan Life Insurance Company,"...
- Editorial Views and News. ORLAND, FRANK J. // Journal of Dental Research;May1962, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p501
The author reflects on the water fluoridation of communal water supplies as a preventative method for dental caries. He feels that the research on the benefits of water fluoridation show that it prevents the start of dental caries and can reduce the progression of the disease so communities...
- Amylase Inhibitor Action. TURNER, NAOMI C. // Journal of Dental Research;Nov1964, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p1260
The article reports on research that examined if changes in salivary amylase action caused by an alpha amylase inhibitor is in the range of difference between individuals who are naturally caries-free and those who have significant dental decay. The findings indicated that the alpha amylase...
- METLIFE. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;9/23/2015, pA02
The article reports on the increase of share repurchase authorization program by insurance company Metropolitan Life Insurance Co. (Metlife) to $1 billion in 2015.
- Let Your Antibody Work--Immunize Early. SHKLAIR, I. L.; KEENE, H. J. // Journal of Dental Research;Apr1976 Supplement 3, Vol. 55, pC224
The article presents research into the most effective time to immunize against Streptococcus mutans (S mutans) to prevent and control tooth decay in humans. Two studies, one involving young children and the other using experimental monkeys, strongly indicate the benefits of starting immunization...
- THE EFFECT ON CARIES INCIDENCE OF A SINGLE TOPICAL APPLICATION OF A FLUORIDE SOLUTION TO THE TEETH OF YOUNG ADULT MALES OF A MILITARY POPULATION. ARNOLD JR., FRANCIS A.; DEAN, H. TRENDLEY; SINGLETON JR., DENNIS E. // Journal of Dental Research;Jun1944, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p155
The article presents research that examined the impact that the application of a topical fluoride solution had on the incidence of dental caries among young adult males living in military conditions. The researchers discuss the impact that low-level water fluoridation has had on the incidence of...
- Formal Discussion. MANLY, R. S. // Journal of Dental Research;Nov1964, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p1112
The article explores the relationship between dental caries and phosphates. The author examines the impact that phosphates have on the acid formation of micro-organisms and on dental enamel decalcification. The findings suggest that phosphates may have a direct action on enamel; however, more...