MEMO TO THE CANDIDATES
- Relating to Iran�and the World. Hagel, Chuck // USA Today Magazine;Jan2008, Vol. 136 Issue 2752, p22
The article presents a speech by U.S. Republican Senator Chuck Hagel of Nebraska, delivered at the Center for Strategic and International Studies, Washington, D.C., almost one full month before the National Intelligence Estimate on Iran, in which he discussed the non-use of military force, the...
- America's Purpose in the World. Hagel, Chuck // Vital Speeches of the Day;3/15/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 11, p322
Presents the text of a speech given on February 20, 2003 by Chuck Hagel, U.S. Senator from Nebraska, about America's purpose in world politics.
- Remarks Prior to a Meeting With the Cochairs of the President's Intelligence Advisory Board and Senior Members of the Intelligence Community. Obama, Barack H. // Daily Compilation of Presidential Documents;10/28/2009, p1
The article presents the text of the remarks given by U.S. President Barack H. Obama given prior to a meeting with the Cochairmen of the President's Intelligence Advisory Board (PIAB) and senior members of the intelligence community on October 28, 2009. Obama announces that Senators Chuck Hagel...
- Why Democracy Matters. Hagel, Chuck // USA Today Magazine;Jan2009, Vol. 137 Issue 2764, p14
The article presents the text of a speech delivered by U.S. Senator Chuck Hagel delivered at the University of Nebraska, which explores the importance of democracy.
- Statement on Senate Confirmation of Charles T. Hagel as Secretary of Defense. Obama, Barack // Daily Compilation of Presidential Documents;2/26/2013, Special section p1
The article presents the text of a speech delivered by U.S. President Barack Obama during the Senate confirmation of Charles T. Hagel as Secretary of Defense on February 26, 2013. He points out that the bipartisan confirmation of Hagel indicates that the country has the defense secretary that it...
- Is It Up to the U.S. to Fix the Middle East? Hagel, Chuck // USA Today Magazine;Sep2006, Vol. 135 Issue 2736, p10
The article presents a speech by Chuck Hagel (R-Neb.), a member of the U.S. Senate Foreign Relations and Intelligence committees, delivered at the Brookings Institution in Washington, D.C. He discusses the history of the foreign relations of the U.S. since the World War I to the present. He...
- ADC Members Meet Presidential Candidates. Rhodin, Sara // Washington Report on Middle East Affairs;Aug2007, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p52
The article reports on a Presidential Candidate luncheon hosted by the American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee as part of its annual convention in Washington, D.C. on June 8, 2007. Luncheon speakers included Senator Chuck Hagel, Representative Nick Rahall, and former Alaska Senator and 2008...
- Hagel: Acquisitions Must Be Scrutinized In Review. Rutherford, Emelie // Defense Daily;4/3/2013, Vol. 258 Issue 4, p6
The article reports on the first policy speech of U.S. Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel wherein he discussed the need for the Department of Defense to confront the drivers of growth in their budgets as it revises its military strategy. It states that Hagel is concerned that the military's...
- Hagel cabinet pick could spark GOP concerns. Herb, Jeremy // Hill;12/10/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 137, p16
The article offers information on Chuck Hagel, United States Senator from Nebraska, regarding the rumors related to the possibilities for his role as the next defense secretary of the U.S.