Abortion Before and After Roe v. Wade: An Historical Perspective
- The 40th Anniversary of Roe v. Wade: A Teachable Moment. Kerber, Linda K. // Perspectives on History;Oct2012, Vol. 50 Issue 7, p65
The article discusses historical scholarship on the abortion and the 1973 U.S. Supreme Court case Roe v. Wade. Particular focus is given to the 40th anniversary of the case and to opportunities for further historical research on related topics. According to the author, valuable historical...
- Penumbras Formed by Emanations. Rosen, Jeffrey // Atlantic;Apr1994, Vol. 273 Issue 4, p121
The article reviews the book "Liberty and Sexuality: The Right to Privacy and the Making of Roe v. Wade," by David J. Garrow.
- New antiabortion strategy should `lead in steps'. // National Catholic Reporter;01/23/98, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p36
No abstract available.
- Abortion, liberalism and the law. DiIanni, A. // America;12/10/1988, Vol. 159 Issue 18, p491
Examines the implications of the 1973 `Roe v. Wade' decision to permit abortion. Babies are unprotected by civil law until they are able to live independently of their mothers (6 months into pregnancy). Draws its case from the conviction that a baby becomes a human being at the point of...
- Roe's Days Are Numbered. Adamek, Raymond J. // Human Life Review;Fall2001, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p69
Focuses on the development of the Roe v. Wade law in the United States. Legality of abortion; Historical background on the creation of Roe v. Wade; Support of the Roe's policy.
- Roe v. Wade turns 25. Klorman, Renee; Butterbaugh, Laura // Off Our Backs;Feb98, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p14
Gives information on the 25th anniversary of the case Roe versus Wade. Indepth look at the case; Reference to material taken the National Abortion and Reproductive Rights Action League. INSET: Refuse & Resist.
- Is Roe good law? Kaplan, D.A.; Cohn, B. // Newsweek;4/27/1992, Vol. 119 Issue 17, p49
Considers what is wrong with the historic `Roe v. Wade' Supreme Court decision--and the attacks against it. How the court has historically asserted itself on matters of sex, marriage, and procreation; Sloppy use of legal doctrine in the `Roe' decision; Matters of judicial interpretation.
- Readers' Forum. Kerr, James W.; Haverkamp, Judson // Bench & Bar of Minnesota;Apr2013, Vol. 70 Issue 4, p4
A letter to the editor in response to an article on the U.S. Supreme Court's decision in a case of Roe v. Wade and the views of the editor regarding legal professionalism is presented.
- Events commemorate Roe v. Wade. NAIR, YASMIN // Windy City Times;1/28/2009, Vol. 24 Issue 18, p8
The article reports on several events held to commemorate the 36th anniversary of the Roe v. Wade case.