- Ethics, religious beliefs blend into political fray. Camosy, Charles C.; Steinbock, Bonnie // Medical Ethics Advisor;Sep2010, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p99
The article focuses on the debate over the legalization of abortion in the U.S. It says that experts of bioethics and philosophy agreed that one of the reasons that abortion continues to be such a hot-button issue is the decision in 1973 by the U.S. Supreme Court in Roe v. Wade to legalize...
- New antiabortion strategy should `lead in steps'. // National Catholic Reporter;01/23/98, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p36
No abstract available.
- Roe's Days Are Numbered. Adamek, Raymond J. // Human Life Review;Fall2001, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p69
Focuses on the development of the Roe v. Wade law in the United States. Legality of abortion; Historical background on the creation of Roe v. Wade; Support of the Roe's policy.
- No more pro-abortion justices. Quayle, Dan // Human Events;10/02/98, Vol. 54 Issue 37, p12
Discusses the issue of abortion in the United States, with reference to the implications on the decision in Roe versus Wade case. Views on the reasoning behind the decision made in the case; Acceptance by the pro-abortion movement of partial-birth abortion; Criticism for the support by...
- Roe vs. Wade at 25: The tough questions linger. Weiss, Barbara // Medical Economics;08/10/98, Vol. 75 Issue 15, p138
Offers information on the decision of the United States Supreme Court in the case of Roe versus Wade in January 1973, which dealt with abortion. Number of abortions which were performed before the Supreme Court's decision; Amount of women who died due to blotched abortions; Recommendations by...
- In memoriam Christina Reagan. Morris, Edmund // American Spectator;Aug93, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p18
Comments on the publication of an essay `Abortion and the Conscience of the Nation' by Ronald Reagan in the Human Life Review. Comparison of Roe v. Wade to Dred Scott v. Sandford; Testing of RU-486 antiprogesterone drug as a method of pregnancy control.
- Abortion Before and After Roe v. Wade: An Historical Perspective. Garrow, David J. // Albany Law Review;1999, Vol. 62 Issue 3, p833
Presents the text of a speech given by David J. Garrow, professor at Emory University School of Law, on November 1998 which deals with the history of abortion before and after the supreme court case `Roe v. Wade,' in the United States.
- What women have lost. Steinfels, Margaret O'Brie // Commonweal;10/21/94, Vol. 121 Issue 18, p20
Focuses on the issue of the abortion and the impact of the Supreme Court decision in Roe v. Wade. Story of the struggle to reform abortion laws; Appearance of Roe v. Wade in 1973; Consequences of the repeal of abortion laws.
- Landmark decision still defies reversal. Wagner, David // Insight on the News;02/02/98, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p13
Deals with the legalization of abortion in relation to the victory in the case, Roe versus Wade in the Supreme Court. Opinion of John Hart Ely, a liberal constitutionalist; Replacement of Roe's supporters in the Supreme Court in 1992; Remarks from Thomas Jipping, legal expert at the Free...