THE NECESSITY FOR CONSTITUTIONAL CHANGE
- WHY SHOULD I HAVE TO TELL THEM? THE NECESSARY ROLE OF THE JUDICIARY IN ACHIEVING REFORM. Davis, Evan // Albany Law Review;2006, Vol. 69 Issue 3, p863
The article presents a speech by Evan Davis, former president of the Association of the Bar of the City of New York, delivered at the "Albany Law Review" symposium titled Refinement of Reinvention, The State of Reform in New York, February 10, 2006. He discusses various kinds of reforms in...
- The Revised Constitution of New York. Ford, Henry Jones // New Republic;10/9/15, Vol. 4 Issue 49, p257
Criticizes the new constitution proposed for the state of New York as a scheme of partitioned authority which resembles the feudal system of the Middle Ages. Dependence of the constitution's successful operations on a concert of action among separate powers each of which may act from its own...
- PUBLIC NOTICE. // Grand Saline Sun (TX);9/15/2011, Vol. 114 Issue 37, p4D
The article presents several explanatory statements of the proposed constitutional amendments for the special election on November 8, 2011 in Grand Saline, Texas published by Secratary of State Hope Andrade.
- Toward Voting Day. // Time;2/17/1961, Vol. 77 Issue 8, p20
The article offers updates related to politics in the U.S. including the approval of Congress on a proposed constitutional amendment to allow Washingtonians to vote in presidential elections and the ratification of the 23rd amendments by Alaska, Colorado, and West Virginia,
- Blood quantum on the docket. ROWE, DANIEL J. // Eastern Door;3/21/2014, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p5
The article reports on the hearing to one major amendment to the Kahnawake Elections law in Quebec on March 25, 2014 as part of the Community Decision-Making Process (CDMP).
- Election amendments ready. NORTON, TIMMY // Eastern Door;8/23/2013, Vol. 22 Issue 33, p5
The article presents information on an announcement made by the Kahnawake Legislative Coordinating Commission (KLCC), Kahnawake, Quebec regarding the commencement of amendments to the electoral law proposed by the community members.
- PUBLIC NOTICE. // Trammel Trace Tribune (Tatum, TX);9/20/2007, Vol. 32 Issue 38, p7
The article presents brief explanatory statements depicting the proposed constitutional amendments for the specials election in Texas on November 6, 2007, which includes House Joint Resolution 103 and Senate Joint Resolution 57.
- The Voter Declaration Of Independence. Bitz, Mark // Business Journal (Central New York);10/27/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 43, p35
The author reflects on political and economic issues in New York. He commented that the state Republican Senate and the Democratic Assembly have done little more than require representatives to be present for votes and enact two on-time budgets, instead of embracing reform on education,...
- "NEW YORK'S LAST, BEST HOPE FOR REAL REFORM". Kolb, Brian M. // Albany Government Law Review;2011, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p601
An essay is presented which focuses on the case for convening a state constitutional convention in New York. It states the corrections and alteration that form the Empire State's cultural identity, the protection of civil and worker's rights and the promotion of commerce. It also mentions that...