GOVERNMENT REFORM FROM AN EXECUTIVE PERSPECTIVE
- Assembly balks at fixing nightmare for couples. // Crain's New York Business;06/14/99, Vol. 15 Issue 24, p10
Reports on the bill supported by the administration of New York Governor George Pataki aimed at correcting the tax problem created by the state's innocent spouse law and other news as of June 14, 1999. Proposed version of the state's Health Care Reform Act; Passage of a bill ensuring drivers of...
- Tardy budget has ripple effect on state's troubled finances. Duby, Christopher Y. // Westchester County Business Journal;5/1/95, Vol. 34 Issue 18, p10
Reports on political tensions in different parts of New York due to Governor Pataki's proposed 1995 state budget. Pataki's relationship with state Assembly leader Sheldon Silver; Impact of the state budget's unpopularity to Pataki's political career.
- President Pataki? A test for 1999. // Crain's New York Business;11/02/98, Vol. 14 Issue 44, p8
Editorial. Explores New York Governor George Pataki's chances of qualifying for national office. Call for the widespread introduction of charter schools in New York State; Commitment to tort reform; Willingness to take political risks for the issues he believes in.
- Governor wants to rebuild. // State Government News;Feb2002, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p7
Reports on the plans of New York Governor George Pataki for the recovery of the state after the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks. Distribution of the scheduled tax cuts; Promotion of across-the-state economic development; Proposal for an anti-terrorism legislation.
- New law allows additional EDZ to be created in New York State. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;07/31/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p30
Reports on legislation signed into law by Governor George E. Pataki that will expand New York's nationally acclaimed Economic Development Zones Program (EDZ). How the legislation will allow additional municipalities across the State to participate in the program and leverage new business growth...
- Governor has Chance To Renew State's Spirit. // Business Journal (Central New York);9/13/2002, Vol. 16 Issue 37, p23
Editorial. Focuses on the candidacy of governor Andrew Cuomo in New York. Implications of the candidacy for business; Campaign platforms of Cuomo; Leadership of governor George Pataki.
- Of small crimes and misdemeanors. Duby, Christopher Y. // Westchester County Business Journal;4/24/95, Vol. 34 Issue 17, p4
Opinion. Comments on political issues in New York as of April 24, 1995. Governor George Pataki's request for a quick $200,000 cash infusion to his top campaign contributors; Politicians' self-interest; Politicians' identification with voters.
- Gov. Pataki has cashed his check. Duby, Christopher Y. // Westchester County Business Journal;6/5/95, Vol. 34 Issue 23, p4
Opinion. Comments on the mistakes by New York Governor George Pataki. Dispute with State Assemblyman Richard Brodsky; Court's overturning of Pataki's decision concerning the budget; Controversy concerning the policy in allowing high concentrations of the active ingredient in pesticides called...
- School Funding Fight. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;9/12/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32215, p33
Reports on the move of plaintiffs to file a brief in response to the latest appeal by New York in connection with the state school funding. Claim of the plaintiffs that the stalling tactics of Governor George Pataki has adverse effects on students; Criticism of the plaintiffs of the appeal of...