Are You Ready for the Millennials
- Make Way for Millennials. // Atlanta;Feb2016, Vol. 55 Issue 10, p64
The article offers information on various aspects related to millennial generation. Topics discussed include the discovery by historians William Strauss and Neil Howe for the term, the influence of the generation in politics, parenting, and pop culture, and diversity of the generation which is...
- Advising the Millennial Generation. Keeling, Sarah // NACADA Journal;Spring2003, Vol. 23 Issue 1/2, p30
In Generations: The History of America's Future, 1584 to 2069 (1991), William Strauss and Neil Howe articulated their idea of generations. In Millennials Rising: The Next Great Generation (2000), they expanded significantly on the Millennial generation. The first wave of Millennials hit college...
- Will the church matter? Broyles III, Vernon // Presbyterians Today;Mar2014, Vol. 104 Issue 2, p52
The article offers the author's insights on the role of spirituality as the millennial generation sort out their values and desire to make a difference. The author states that the millennials are considered as entitled, overconfident, and self-absorbed but authors William Strauss and Neil Howe...
- Generational Generalizations Gone Wrong. Walker, Jesse // Hit & Run;8/1/2014, p60
No abstract available.
- Reaching Generation iPod. Holaday, Susan // FoodService Director;9/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p52
The article looks at the efforts of food service operators in the U.S. to reach their Generation Y customers. Some operators are creating podcasts and using interactive kiosks, both inside and outside cafeterias, to promote their dining facilities, provide nutrition information, inform students...
- Thinking of the Next Generation. Stoessel, Eric // Food Management;May2014, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p6
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including the next generation workers in the hospitality and foodservice management industry, what the office of the future might look like, and the drivers of the Millennials.
- MILLENNIALS LEADING THE CHARGE FOR CHANGE. Emeagwali, N. Susan // Techniques: Connecting Education & Careers;May2011, Vol. 86 Issue 5, p22
The article discusses the leadership of Millennials, or those born between 1982 and perhaps 2004. It outlines the seven core traits of the Millennials identified in the book "Millennials and K-12 Schools," by Howe and William Strauss. It also explores the role of Millennials for career and...
- Millennials and K-12 Schools: Educational Strategies for a New Generation. Styron Jr., Ronald A. // School Administrator;Jan2010, Vol. 67 Issue 1, p49
The article reviews the book "Millennials and K-12 Schools: Educational Strategies for a New Generation" by Neil Howe and William Strauss.
- Going Digital? Holaday, Susan // FoodService Director;9/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p52
The article offers tips for food service operators in marketing to the Millennial generation. A Technomic survey reveals that some 28% in all age groups had received an online video from a restaurant in the past month. Today's consumers are more likely to receive information over a cell phone,...